My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silverberg decided money > health
    Just like Trumpstein

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Until there is a vaccine readily available no one should be doing anything due to how contagious this virus is and for the most part people that have it don't always show symptoms of it. #SimpleAsThat #SocialDistancing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Until there is a vaccine readily available no one should be doing anything due to how contagious this virus is and for the most part people that have it don't always show symptoms of it. #SimpleAsThat #SocialDistancing
    You're most contagious, and are shedding the highest levels of virus, a few days before you even show symptoms.

I think the GOP is fooling themselves to think that people will just go back to normal. Even before the shelter in place decrees, reservations were down 70% on open table. People were already avoiding public places.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're most contagious, and are shedding the highest levels of virus, a few days before you even show symptoms.

I think the GOP is fooling themselves to think that people will just go back to normal. Even before the shelter in place decrees, reservations were down 70% on open table. People were already avoiding public places.
    Sadly, I know plenty of idiots who were already boo-hooing over shelter-in-place and will be the first in line to sit next to someone in a movie theater because "government can't tell me what to do"

Welcome to wave 2, people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly, I know plenty of idiots who were already boo-hooing over shelter-in-place and will be the first in line to sit next to someone in a movie theater because "government can't tell me what to do"

Welcome to wave 2, people.
    I think it will be the 35% of the population that are FOXbots, minus a chunk of their senior viewers who don’t feel suicidal. Even Jim Jones lost cult members from his jungle compound.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is how desperate the NBA is to get LeGM another ring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think most people who are healthy and under 40 will be try to get back to a normal life and will be doing why they always did minus big concerts, Raves, Football and Basketball games. To be honest without a vaccine it’s not a matter of you getting it it’s a matter of when your going to get it. It sucks but it is what it is people will put on blinders and have it won’t happen to me thing as to why they not practicing social distances.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think most people who are healthy and under 40 will be try to get back to a normal life and will be doing why they always did minus big concerts, Raves, Football and Basketball games. To be honest without a vaccine it’s not a matter of you getting it it’s a matter of when your going to get it. It sucks but it is what it is people will put on blinders and have it won’t happen to me thing as to why they not practicing social distances.
    You also that SARSCov2 was just media hype. Now going on 57000 Americans dead with no real end in sight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=spartanntp
    NBA targetting May 8, but with restrictions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be a bummer if the season resumes, and we win a couple of games that worsens are potential draft pick lol
    Omg please don't, NBA. As much as we're now adjusting to Corona and masks and , the last thing we need to see is Forbes guarding Russell Westbrook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is how desperate the NBA is to get LeGM another ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What if we get good testing and contact tracing (combined obv with low infection/hospitalization rates). Can sports resume then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if we get good testing and contact tracing (combined obv with low infection/hospitalization rates). Can sports resume then

When the f will that b

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s unfair to the teams that were on the border of making the playoffs but the NBA season should just resume and do the playoffs only, all the other teams season should be over until next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty obvious that this is not gonna end well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the f will that b
    Call me optimistic. I think 2 months for all of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty obvious that this is not gonna end well.
    I think it will only be practice facilities in non hotbed states/cities and with very limited staff, with generous amounts of Ppe and cleaning. It’s just practice gyms it’s not 5v5

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scratch this season so we can hopefully start next season on time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scratch this season so we can hopefully start next season on time.
    That's probably not happening either. The absolute absolute best case scenario is the Oxford vaccine is successful and first rolls out in September since it has supposedly already been shown to be safe for humans. But think how long it's going to take to make and administer a few billion doses. They're talking about having millions of doses by September, not billions. I mean it's a really promising candidate since I read it has stopped infection in macaques exposed to high levels of SARSCov2 for almost a month but we're still going to be dealing with this virus for a good chunk of time. And if this one fails our next best case is probably next March or April for a vaccine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me optimistic. I think 2 months for all of it.
    Only happening if heat pretty much pauses this virus. Which doesn't look all that likely given the way it has absolutely raped Ecuador.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if they do their best to isolate the players, the es will still get in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are they going to do, test people before and after every game? Seems like a good way to be blowing through like 50 tests per team per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the f will that b
    Never. If we were going to do it we'd keep the lockdown in effect at least another month and hope that was enough to kill off community transmission with aggressive contact tracing. We're probably just going to rebound and everything will look fine for the first couple of weeks since exponential growth moves at a snail's pace early on. And then it'll probably blow up again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I can think could work is quarantining EVERYONE involved (team and travelling staff, NBA officials and staff, refs, onsite media, hospitality staff, some non-NBA guys for a replacement pool) for a full month, starting a training camp halfway in while testing the out of everyone along the way. Then play a tournament involving every team without even pretending it's a regular championship. Call it the Tribute Cup or some bull . Do the whole thing in Disney World or some complex in a cleaner locale and separate them by a virtual airlock from the world for the months it will take.

It's probably going to be way more restrictive than the players are gonna want. Then don't do it.
    At what point do you say it? The summer leagues and next season are going to be right around the corner. It's just not rational to do even the lockdown scenario because of all the testing that will need to be done, and we aren't near the number of daily tests they say we needin the country (~150K per day vs the 500K - 750K tests we need to be doing per the epidemiological community). Won't go over well if NBA secludes itself away and tests its people.

Then from whatever point they decide to reconvene, the NBA plan calls for a 25 day startup before 1 game is even played. Plus, it's not fair to a team like the Bucks or a player like Giannis that doesn't even have a hoop to shoot around on at home. The whole thing is unfortunate but unfortunate ought not cause a irrational decision.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Ecuador is not blazing hot or anything.

But if this report about it floating around through air pollution is true, then we are all screwed if that promising vaccine doesn't get mass produced very soon.

Only happening if heat pretty much pauses this virus. Which doesn't look all that likely given the way it has absolutely raped Ecuador.

Thread Information