Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it sounds like defense is the only difference between this guy and Primo?
    Yeah he's gotten beat on defense a lot and always takes the wrong angles. Sounds more like Forbes 2.0.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he's gotten beat on defense a lot and always takes the wrong angles. Sounds more like Forbes 2.0.
    Yeah but sounds like he's a better athlete offensively and he's a lot bigger than Forbes at least. But maybe even worse on defense? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but sounds like he's a better athlete offensively and he's a lot bigger than Forbes at least. But maybe even worse on defense? lol
    I'm an Iowa State grad, and I know a few Iowa fans and they've told me that he was always bailed out by Luka Garza (college player of the year) on defense and was able to get open shots on offense because of him. We don't really have anyone that the defense will focus towards on offense, so it remains to be seen how he will handle the pressure in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs can toughen him up, he could have a career as a floor spacer.
    jesus christ pop will never play him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm an Iowa State grad, and I know a few Iowa fans and they've told me that he was always bailed out by Luka Garza (college player of the year) on defense and was able to get open shots on offense because of him. We don't really have anyone that the defense will focus towards on offense, so it remains to be seen how he will handle the pressure in the NBA.
    Joy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am saying it right now that a cup of Joe will have a better career than Primo. That does not mean he will be great or even good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fully expect Joe to go to the SL and play lights out getting shots from Jones. The Spurs should have two open two-way slots with QW and KBD both free agents. Hopefully, they use both of those on front-court players they can also bring to the SL. Add in some Austin scrubs like Renfro, and the SL might actually be interesting to watch this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Wieskamp on being drafted by the Spurs: “That was the team we had circled as a team that was a really good fit for me.”

Wieskamp on how he sees himself helping the Spurs with their 3PT shooting: “Absolutely, I hope I can come in right away and knock down 3s, be a floor spacer.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least the spurs drafted a known quan y in the 2nd round. He rose in the draft a bit after the combine so I'm glad the spurs drafted someone in their draft range and not some unknown guy from eastern slovakia whose name you can't pronounce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good pick at #41. His results at the combine were impressive. I'll root for Austin to win the G League championship this year.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least he can shoot. Or we think.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this guy sticks in the league, whether it's here or elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having doubts about his shooting ability after seeing his FT% was 67%. Very abnormal. Great three point shooters are usually great FT shooters as well
    What does his good shooting percentage tell you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Primo I was too disgusted to even care about the 41st pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked him before the draft and thought we might get him.

barring injuries I think he will be a solid NBA player for many years.

good pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having doubts about his shooting ability after seeing his FT% was 67%. Very abnormal. Great three point shooters are usually great FT shooters as well
    his other two seasons in school he shot way better from the line though. His sop re season he shot worse from 3 but still decent enough.

dude can shoot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you can treat him like he's Forbes. Unlike Forbes, he is over 6 foot 5 and has good athletic measurables. Now, we don't know if he can shoot like Forbes, but the extra height and athleticism means that once he learns how to play NBA defense he could be passable where Forbes is not. Forbes has a ceiling on what he can do because he is undersized and he is not athletic in terms of the average NBA athlete. But if he can shoot like Forbes, he has a much better opportunity to have staying power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It appears he may be on the big boys squad while Primo is playing in Austin due to age. Something that will be interesting is to see how his career and Krispert's career compare down the road.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wieskamp was another player that i watched in the combine who had a solid showing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you can treat him like he's Forbes. Unlike Forbes, he is over 6 foot 5 and has good athletic measurables. Now, we don't know if he can shoot like Forbes, but the extra height and athleticism means that once he learns how to play NBA defense he could be passable where Forbes is not. Forbes has a ceiling on what he can do because he is undersized and he is not athletic in terms of the average NBA athlete. But if he can shoot like Forbes, he has a much better opportunity to have staying power.
    Exactly. Forbes doesn’t have a 6’11” wingspan or 38” vertical. And his lateral movement numbers were good too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It appears he may be on the big boys squad while Primo is playing in Austin due to age. Something that will be interesting is to see how his career and Krispert's career compare down the road.
    I think this is very likely to happen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Butler didn't last one more pick (even though if they had their pick, I suspect they'd have went with Wieskamp). Outside of that, this was a good pick. Much better than Kispert at 12 would have been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid can shoot… I only saw a couple of shots that rattled in… the rest were pretty pure. Worth the pick where it was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information