Page 192 of 238 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A few notes from 24/7...

-Strong met with the remaining Texas coaches today

-Wyatt, Chambers and Giles seem to the be the only coaches that could remain on staff at this point

-Shawn Watson of Louisville may no longer be the leading candidate for offensive coordinator, Strong may now have someone else in mind

-Strong won't fill out his offensive staff until the offensive coordinator is hired

Post Count
    I have got to admit, I was sick of seeing that Garret avatar.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updated list of coaching candidates for the remaining vacancies (24/7). Keep in mind these are some of the main names and not everyone being considered:

Offensive Coordinator
    Shawn Watson (Louisville)
    Tom Herman (Ohio State)
    Mike Yurcich (OK State)
    Josh Henson (Missouri)
    Mike Norvell (Arizona State)

Wide Receivers
    Joker Phillips (Florida)
    Tim Brewster (Florida State)
    Darrell Wyatt (Texas)

Tight Ends
    Tim Brewster (Florida State)
    Bruce Chambers (Texas)

Offensive Line
    Joe Wickline (OK State)

Defensive Line
    Buddy Wyatt (Kansas)
    Oscar Giles (Texas)

Defensive Backs
    Van Malone (OK State)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 also saying there is a high school coach being considered for an unspecified position.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I have got to admit, I was sick of seeing that Garret avatar.
    Time to move on from the Mack Era.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks for the info Tfloss, good to see you still going strong with it.
    Good to see you around, Whisky.

Thread hasn't been as fun the past two years, but hopefully the future is bright.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 also saying there is a high school coach being considered for an unspecified position.
    Just saw where they said they were left with the impression that this high school coach would be a position coach.

I'd consider names like Fedora (Navasota), McGuire (Cedar Hill), Dodge (Marble Falls) and Mathis (DeSoto).

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    A&M has received a commitment from 2014 Longview DT Zaycoven Henderson

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Henderson is now going to three different schools in one day.

I don't know that I've seen that before.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Henderson is now going to three different schools in one day.

I don't know that I've seen that before.
    Texas, A&M, who was the third? I was not expecting this at all.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tech and Texas

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Strange. Though, TFloss, remember Marcus Johnson? He went from Tech, to A&M, to Texas, in ~24-48 hours IIRC.

Post Count
    I can't help but laugh at the Henderson flip flopping. If he weren't a Spring enrolle, I would fully expect him to change his mind 2 or 3 more times.

Fortunately, CS's ties to Florida sounds like they are going to bail us out and we'll at least get some bodies to fill the position which is all we can ask for at this point. DT has been a disaster recruiting wise for Texas the last two seasons now.

el mero mero
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I can't help but laugh at the Henderson flip flopping. If he weren't a Spring enrolle, I would fully expect him to change his mind 2 or 3 more times.
    He already has TCU, Texas, Tech, and A&M

Post Count
    We flipped him from TCU which shocked me to begin with considering it was pretty obvious Mack was out the door.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    A&M had their pick between Henderson and Lealaimatafao. They chose Henderson. Both reached out.

Post Count
    I'm hearing OU, OSU and Ole Miss are not completely out of play for Henderson, but it's pretty safe to say at this point that UT is completely out of the picture.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just saw where they said they were left with the impression that this high school coach would be a position coach.

I'd consider names like Fedora (Navasota), McGuire (Cedar Hill), Dodge (Marble Falls) and Mathis (DeSoto).
    Didn't Mack do this when he came on?

and

1) Anyone but Watson. Anyone. I don't want the WCO and I don't want a guy forced to run an offense he doesn't want to. I'm not even sure if that's ever worked out.

2) Not too disappointed about Henderson. Hopefully that DT's Strong's trying to flip from Lousiville commits to us.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Didn't Mack do this when he came on?

and

1) Anyone but Watson. Anyone. I don't want the WCO and I don't want a guy forced to run an offense he doesn't want to. I'm not even sure if that's ever worked out.

2) Not too disappointed about Henderson. Hopefully that DT's Strong's trying to flip from Lousiville commits to us.

Two things stick out to me about Watson: 1) his offense was so terrible in 2009 that he couldn't win a conference championship with a defense that was barely giving up 10 pts a game. 2) he lost to a 5-7 show team QB'd by Garrett Gilbert because his offense was so inept and poorly coached they couldn't keep from making mistake after mistake.

Two seasons playing mostly terrible compe ion with the best QB in this draft class doesn't erase those things for me. Strong will sign his own coaching death warrant before he ever leads a practice if he brings that guy in here. So many better options it's not even funny. Hopefully he knows this and the talk about Watson has been garbage.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Yeah, I always had respect for RC Slo . He stands in stark contrast to Dennis who reportedly sold dirty $1,200 insider newsletters.
    worst hire we ever had. fran almost killed the program. i'm pretty certain strong will prove to be a solid hire.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Strange. Though, TFloss, remember Marcus Johnson? He went from Tech, to A&M, to Texas, in ~24-48 hours IIRC.
    and what are the odds he stays committed to the aggies? this is not a lock in my mind at all. i'll take it but won't be convinced unless he signs his offer.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    HS kids...

God would I hate dealing with all this crap.

Hopefully we can learn to grow talent like Stanford. Take some kids that are not at their top level as a HS senior and not heavily recruited, but with the mental and physical upside to be very good players by the time they are juniors.

These HS seniors are like 2 year old thoroughbreds. You never know how they are going to develop. Jackson Jeffcoat had a very good senior year at Texas and was the #1 or 2 rated HS player. Now he is rated about 7th best DE going into the NFL draft. I would consider him successful but he clearly got passed by others.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    and what are the odds he stays committed to the aggies? this is not a lock in my mind at all. i'll take it but won't be convinced unless he signs his offer.
    He's a midterm enrollee so it's going to happen quick. He doesn't have much time to change his mind again.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    He's a midterm enrollee so it's going to happen quick. He doesn't have much time to change his mind again.
    yeah but this kid changed his mind three times in one day! from the tweets i read it looks good but still not quite there yet.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Looks like MBTF is bringing his orange slices, butter teeth, and softness to a Boise State game next season:

Thread Information