Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurfans mad that while kawhi has been quite good, no one truly fears him. he simply isn't worthy of that level of fear
    I'm pretty sure Lebron fears/respects/least prefers going against, choose whatever you want, Kawhi the most, compared to any other player in the league, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lebron, literally, didn't score a single basket on Kawhi. It was all switches, cuts to the basket or statpadding while Kawhi was out.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    thinking lebron gave one crap about this game, or the rest of the season until the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thinking lebron gave one crap about this game, or the rest of the season until the playoffs.
    This

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Lebron, literally, didn't score a single basket on Kawhi. It was all switches, cuts to the basket or statpadding while Kawhi was out.
    lol i pressed play, and skipped to a random spot at about 2:12 and immediately see lebron give a weak pump fake that kawhi bit, and halfheartedly drive to the cup right on kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol i pressed play, and skipped to a random spot at about 2:12 and immediately see lebron give a weak pump fake that kawhi bit, and halfheartedly drive to the cup right on kawhi
    "Skipped to a random spot"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "Skipped to a random spot"
    lying about Kawhi not being scored on when he clearly was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lying about Kawhi not being scored on when he clearly was
    Meh, one play in which Kawhi got trapped on a screen. That wasn't pure one-on-one like what Kawhi did to Lebron on the other end.

Kawhi might pretty well be the best one on one player in the NBA right now, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Meh, one play in which Kawhi got trapped on a screen.
    trapped

not even close, the dude simply got beat. i don't know why its so hard to admit when an obviously superior player got the best of him. its not like its an insult to be scored on a guy who may end up being the greatest basketball player in history

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What's the backstory behind the Leonard arguments? Imo he's clearly a top 5 player in the league and you could argue he's as good as anyone not named Lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the backstory behind the Leonard arguments? Imo he's clearly a top 5 player in the league and you could argue he's as good as anyone not named Lebron.
    The backstory is stretch saying Kawhi had a Tony Allen/Shane Battier type ceiling back in '12 or '13, when everybody with some kind of BB understanding knew he was going to be much more than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Pop Kawhi is the best player in the World, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In both Kawhi and Curry, we have witnessed the type of growth that rarely occurs in NBA players. Neither came in with expectations of a very high ceiling, and both started off their careers in an average way, never suggesting that they could win double MVPs or be in the conversation for best player in the world. But they have both achieved that later on in their careers. It usually doesn't work like that as for most superstars you can tell after their first, and at most second season, that they are destined for utmost greatness. Especially the players that did not come straight out of high school.

I just think it's an interesting story in the everlasting debate about what talent is and how does it grow. Curry and Kawhi have both proven that hard work pays off, arguably even more than natural talent - or at the very least, that talent isn't as observable as most think it is.

Maybe that last kind of players that achieved something like this were Nash and Dirk, though Dirk already started to show by his second season that he was quite special and had to face the largest amount of adaptation. Nash really took off in his 30s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Kawhi is doing with his 30+pts games on about 15 shots per game is absolutely ridiculous.

It reminds me a bit of '05 Manu putting up 20+pts games on 9 shots, only way more impresive 'cause Kawhi is doing it as the focal point of the offense and, obviously, putting 10 more pts per game while maintaining that crazy efficiency.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Kawhi is doing with his 30+pts games on about 15 shots per game is absolutely ridiculous.

It reminds me a bit of '05 Manu putting up 20+pts games on 9 shots, only way more impresive 'cause Kawhi is doing it as the focal point of the offense and, obviously, putting 10 more pts per game while maintaining that crazy efficiency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For next season:

1-Lebron
    2-Curry (probably loses a one-on-one battle vs Kawhi and Durant, but on 5-v-5 basketball he's still more influential than them)
    3-Durant
    4-Kawhi

5-Harden
    6-Westbrook
    7-CP3
    8-Davis
    9-Cousins
    10-Giannis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Kawhi
    2. Lebron
    3. Durant

~everybody else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. LeBron
    2. Kawhi
    3. Curry
    4. Durant
    5. Giannis (projection)
    6. Davis
    7. Harden
    8. Paul
    9. Embiid (i'm sold)
    10. Westbrook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. LeBron/Kawhi
    2. Kawhi/LeBron
    3. Dominos
    4. Curry
    5. Harden (regular season only)
    6. Antetokounmpo
    7. Westchimp
    8. Davis/Cousins
    9. Cousins/Davis
    10. Wall

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    1. James
    2. Curry/Durant
    4. Kawhi
    5. JH
    6. Russ
    7. CP3
    8. Giannis
    9. Butler
    10. Davis

Draymond, Klay also in top 15.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    LMAO that autist is in the top 5.. for what???? he can't even play defense anymore LMAO

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1. LePass
    2. Giannis
    3. Slim Reaper
    4. Kawhi
    5. Curry
    6. Westbrook
    7. Davis
    8. Harden
    9. Wall(underrated)
    10. Butler

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After 2016-2017 season..

1- Lebron

2- Kawhi
    3- Durant
    4- Curry

5- Harden
    6- Westbrook
    7- CP3

8- Giannis
    9- Butler
    10- AD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Killakobe81 in the Finals thread acting like "KD> Kawhi" is a clear foregone conclusion ..Heck Leonard completely dominates him in the advanced impact metrics and was neutering him on court before the injury..And I'm not even going to touch the subject of who is playing in a 73-win team context and who is not..
    Last edited by spursistan; 06-14-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Thread Information