Page 261 of 745 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ball Ingram Kuz or bust

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Environment is as much of a organizational thing as it is a players thing. A few years ago, all you saw were photos of Mills, Diaw, Splitter, Manu, etc hanging out and having fun. Tim created that culture as much as anyone else. Pop always looks like he's enjoying himself, joking around, etc. At least in front of the cameras. It is a business and things need to be done for winning, etc. But no one ever claimed or thought about the Spurs locker room/organization being a mess like Sac or LAL a few years ago ..

Now, Kwahi and LMA lead this team, what kind of culture do we have? Only players I see positively contributing to it are Murray, Green, Mills and Manu ... Kwahi seems like he's distanced himself from everyone else. If he's not having "fun", maybe he should look in the mirror to find out why.

Does he think being in a bigger city in front of much more media attention, etc is going to be more fun?
    I don't know but I can't help but think LMA is partly the reason he doesn't want to be here and when the Spurs signed him to an extension, the hit the fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was one man wrecking crew. They also got huge contributions from very unlikely sources like Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. Lightning doesn't usually strike twice in the same place. When Kawhi went down, the Spurs flamed out in epic fashion.
    Nah. Kawhi was resting while LMA crapped on HOU to get SA to the WCF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know but I can't help but think LMA is partly the reason he doesn't want to be here and when the Spurs signed him to an extension, the hit the fan.
    Maybe he is ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure, buddy.
    Not saying KL wont be a Spur next year but even if he signs this is far from over.
    Evrytime he gets nicked up this will all come back to the forefront.
    I think the lets kiss and make-up dreamers are bing naive ...I am NOT saying it can not or WILL NOT be repaired ...
    but acting as though just paying him will solve this mess is awfully naive.
    which is why the Spurs haven't just paid him up... though at this point it's really tough to believe anything.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How do you rate Ingram compared to Jaylen Brown?
    I think slightly better.
    Depends on what you value.
    Ingram will be the better play-maker and I think the better shooter but he has been working on his range.
    As it stands I think jaylen is the better defender (though Ingram can narrow that and has crazy length) and is definitely the more fluid natural athlete.

His shrinking in the ECF worries me though. Before they faced cavs I was in the ainge wont and shouldnt give you guys brown for KL since he is cheaper.
    but in KL's first playoff run NEVER looked like Brown did (mediocre) vs. the cavs.

But now IF I were the celts and spurs would be willing to take Jaylen for KL I do that in less than 3 seconds ...
    If reports are true you guys are right to insist on Tatum.

Like I said last week no matter where spurs trade KL they HAVE to get their best young prospect along with a pick. Period. Since they cant get Simmons that would rule out Philly. Clips have no one like that and so to me it's Ingram AFTER Tatum. but ahead of Fultz and josh jackson. if celts give you Tatum you take it.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    That tends to happen when your best player gets taken out.
    Exactly, it wasn't a so-called plug n' play system built around culture that the Spurs supposedly forged 20 years ago but a one man wrecking crew.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 06-28-2018 at 04:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum > Brown > Jackson > Ingram > Fultz IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd put ingram and fultz ahead of jackson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks bron sources...
    would have loved Bron in the Spurs even on a one year deal personally, but Kiwi had to be a ...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Nah. Kawhi was resting while LMA crapped on HOU to get SA to the WCF.
    He was a complete no show after Kawhi went down vs GS. I'm not buying into the triple teaming theory as to why his game suddenly fell off a cliff. He couldn't even help hold a 24 point lead with under 16 minutes left to play in Game 1 of the WCF's

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We agree to disagree. I like Jaylen's intellect personality more than any of them including Tatum's but I would say Tatum>Ingram>Brown>jackson>Fultz.

From Kevin O'connor of the Ringer:
    Kevin O'Connor

Verified account
    kevinOConnorNBA
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    Brandon Ingram is who I'd want for Kawhi Leonard if I'm the Spurs. Ingram is 6-foot-9 with long arms, scoring ability from all levels, passing vision, good in P&R, smooth footwork, defensive versatility. Improved fundamentally and physically. Turns 21 soon. Ingram can be a stud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.dcff14554fc5

In an attempt to sweeten the pot, multiple sources said the Lakers and Denver Nuggets are discussing a potential deal that would see Los Angeles take back bad money for a draft pick. The Nuggets, who will be deep into the luxury tax after re-signing restricted free agent center Nikola Jokic next month, have about $34 million in expiring contracts for Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur and Wilson Chandler to send out in possible deals.

It’s reasonable to assume such a deal would only happen if it was necessary to get a Leonard trade over the finish line. There’s always a chance Ball could be moved elsewhere for other assets San Antonio may prefer, as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Ingram's past season, which some considered a "breakout" :

13.8 PER(overrated stat, but still relevant for high usage players), 53.6 TS%(ew), .068 WS per 48(disgusting) and NEGATIVE on/off metrics..

I don't have a problem with anybody being intrigued by his potential, he's only entering year 3 in the NBA, but he's shown nothing special so far in the league..he's had 1 notable month in 2 seasons..if you compare him to star wing players of the 2000s/2010s, only Giannis(who is more of a PF) showed as little as Ingram has through 2 seasons..

Kuzma is largely irrelevant..comparing him to Bertans is silly but you can find volume scorers who don't do anything else all around the NBA and in every draft(I think Spurs fans get enamored with those types because the Spurs never seen to pursue any of them, which is why somebody like Rudy Gay became an instant favorite)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not denying Brown is better than BI is RIght now.
    He actually was better than Tatum/Jackson too.
    But this is future projections ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a complete no show after Kawhi went down vs GS. I'm not buying into the triple teaming theory as to why his game suddenly fell off a cliff. He couldn't even help hold a 24 point lead with under 16 minutes left to play in Game 1 of the WCF's
    Son without Kawhi this year he beasted on GS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We agree to disagree. I like Jaylen's intellect personality more than any of them including Tatum's but I would say Tatum>Ingram>Brown>jackson>Fultz.

From Kevin O'connor of the Ringer:
    Kevin O'Connor

Verified account
    kevinOConnorNBA
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    Brandon Ingram is who I'd want for Kawhi Leonard if I'm the Spurs. Ingram is 6-foot-9 with long arms, scoring ability from all levels, passing vision, good in P&R, smooth footwork, defensive versatility. Improved fundamentally and physically. Turns 21 soon. Ingram can be a stud.
    I like Ingram. Saying I have him less than the other 3 isn’t a knock. I would be very happy with Ingram as long as it came with much more than Kuz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, long term I think Ingram can be really good to possibly great, durability is the major concern tho.

Brown, I honestly dont know how much better he can get, that's the worry I have him in regards to him being a centerpiece for Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.dcff14554fc5
    The Spurs are going to try and get Richard Jefferson back from Denver.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reality is that if these guys had played for the Pistons or Hornets last year, nobody would think anything of them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, it wasn't a so-called plug n' play system built around culture that the Spurs supposedly forged 20 years ago but a one man wrecking crew.
    Look at what happened to the Rox once CP3 went down. CP3 is the Rox second best player and they couldn't win the final 2 games against the Warriors despite having a great system. So again you are just full of to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Tim Botempts reports, according to multiple sources, the Nuggets are discussing a trade to send a draft pick to the Lakers, with L.A. then taking on some combination of the contracts of Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur and/or Wilson Chandler.
    In an attempt to sweeten the pot, multiple sources said the Lakers and Denver Nuggets are discussing a potential deal that would see Los Angeles take back bad money for a draft pick. The Nuggets, who will be deep into the luxury tax after re-signing restricted free agent center Nikola Jokic next month, have about $34 million in expiring contracts for Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur and Wilson Chandler to send out in possible deals.

It’s reasonable to assume such a deal would only happen if it was necessary to get a Leonard trade over the finish line. There’s always a chance Ball could be moved elsewhere for other assets San Antonio may prefer, as well."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe on The Jump: The package that the Lakers and Spurs would consider "the line" is Ingram, Kuzma, and two first round picks. More and it's too much for the Lakers, but less and it's not enough for San Antonio.
    Not terrible depending on picks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting a pick from Denver? A team likely to make the playoffs? Seems eh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Andrew Sharp on BI:
    Sharp: I don't think Ingram is a guy that you can build your team around. He's not going to be a franchise guy but I think he is an all-star that can fit with any team in the NBA. I think that is where he will be in year five or six and that is still pretty early.

I think he has more potential than that but wanted to give both sides of views on him ...
    I agree you cant build around him but i say he is a all-star in two years.

If he stays with us I firmly believe he can be a #2 on a legit contender in a few years ...
    Problem is if Lebron is coming we wont have patience to see it through.
    KL on OTOH if healthy can be a #1 on a legit contender and has proven THAT ...

Thread Information