Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of teams getting legit NBA players and we signed an undrafted G League scrub to a 3 year deal that many of you seem happy about. I guess I'm in the minority.
    The Spurs are better off sucking and missing the playoffs then wasting tons of money on second tier players and role players. None of these free agents are going to make the spurs elite. At best they can make the spurs a 6-8 seed. The only guy that intrigued me was Jerami Grant since he was a guy who could fill in a void at SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Interesting.
    Maybe the Spurs are that team if the Pelicans want Poeltl. Could send some of that ballast SA's way along with one of those picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give Bobby five minutes alone with Wright, and he'll straighten it all out.

Morris is chaotic evil and Portis is chaotic neutral. Just don't give him a reason to rearrange your jaw and everything will be okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the Spurs are that team if the Pelicans want Poeltl. Could send some of that ballast SA's way along with one of those picks.
    It makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are we making any moves, timvp? WTF bruh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ballmer reportedly increased his fortune by tens of billions of dollars during the pandemic. $64mil is nothing to him. He began 2020 as the 15th richest person in the country, and is now the 5th richest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy I can’t believe Morris got that much money lmao
    Man, Bertans deal is insane.
    $16 mill/yr

Not really that insane considering the upper echelon guys are making close to $50 mill/yr nowadays. 5/80 is the new 5/40 from the mid 2000s, imho.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed at this point I would just be happy to tank this up coming season and get a great draft pick. Its pretty clear we’re not going to be able to sign/trade for any elite talent or even very good players no matter how much money we have to spend.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Nothing wrong with locking up your third string scrub center for third string scrub money. Now, if that's one of the only moves they make...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $16 mill/yr

Not really that insane considering the upper echelon guys are making close to $50 mill/yr nowadays. 5/80 is the new 5/40 from the mid 2000s, imho.
    The rich are continuing to get richer. Who woulda' thought?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp spill the beans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we not only have a roster that's about 85% guards but now we will not have a true center? GG FO

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You dont need to tank in the West. I dont see how the spurs can beat the Blazers, Suns or even the Pels. And these are just those teams, that are fighting for the 8th spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we not only have a roster that's about 85% guards but now we will not have a true center? GG FO
    We dont need a true center. We need a shooting center

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    According to our experts in this Forum, the spurs dont need a Center. Only big guys who can shoot and make flashy dunks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We dont need a true center. We need a shooting center
    Probably getting Frank the Tank to replace Poeltl then...

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If timvp is right about Gay or Lyles being able to play C in a real pinch, Aldridge and Eubanks is enough to hold the fort down at that position. If one goes down with injury we could see another Zeller-like signing.

I have a feeling the front office is looking to overhaul the team next offseason, not this one. That's when all the big contracts expire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont need to tank in the West. I dont see how the spurs can beat the Blazers, Suns or even the Pels. And these are just those teams, that are fighting for the 8th spot.
    We’ll finish between 10-12 in the west

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If timvp is right about Gay or Lyles being able to play C in a real pinch, Aldridge and Eubanks is enough to hold the fort down at that position. If one goes down with injury we could see another Zeller-like signing.

I have a feeling the front office is looking to overhaul the team next offseason, not this one. That's when all the big contracts expire.
    Poeltl is a solid Center, who fits well with the young guards. The Bubble showed how well it works. Yes you can nitpick Poeltls game, but there is no denying it meshed well.
    Also Poeltl is only 25, so he would be in the same Age range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs will legit look into getting a center with part of the MLE. It won't be a young project guy like I originally thought either. I think we'd see a vet replace him. Maybe Dedmon if that bridge is still around. Maybe Noel if he can be swayed away from actually signing that min deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we add Cousins as a Poeltl replacement? Just a thought...I assume he'd be pretty cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The FO will sign older vets next year. They won’t be going after young star talent they can build around. Yes the team will have different players but the issues with the FO will be the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yak ain't going nowhere, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Dedmon is being waived by Detroit...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know who we'll get to replace Poetl. Just found out...

Thread Information