Page 682 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1825826326726786796806816826836846856866927327821182 ... LastLast
Results 17,026 to 17,050 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Study of 96,000 Covid-19 Patients Finds Hydroxychloroquine Increased Their Risk of Dying

"The drug US President Donald Trump said he was taking to ward off Covid-19 actually increases the risk of patients with the disease dying from it," reports the BBC, citing a new study published Friday in the Lancet.

"The study said there were no benefits to treating patients with the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine..."
    Hydroxychloroquine is safe for malaria, and conditions like lupus or arthritis, but no clinical trials have recommended the use of hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus. The Lancet study involved 96,000 coronavirus patients, nearly 15,000 of whom were given hydroxychloroquine — or a related form chloroquine — either alone or with an antibiotic.

The study found that the patients were more likely to die in hospital and develop heart rhythm complications than other Covid patients in a comparison group. The death rates of the treated groups were: hydroxychloroquine 18%; chloroquine 16.4%; control group 9%. Those treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine in combination with antibiotics had an even higher death rate.

The researchers warned that hydroxychloroquine should not be used outside of clinical trials.

The BBC also reports that a separate trial involving over 40,000 healthcare workers around the world is now testing whether hydroxychloroquine could prevent infection.

---

DarrinS
    "safe" placebo

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Study of 96,000 Covid-19 Patients Finds Hydroxychloroquine Increased Their Risk of Dying

"The drug US President Donald Trump said he was taking to ward off Covid-19 actually increases the risk of patients with the disease dying from it," reports the BBC, citing a new study published Friday in the Lancet.

"The study said there were no benefits to treating patients with the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine..."
    Hydroxychloroquine is safe for malaria, and conditions like lupus or arthritis, but no clinical trials have recommended the use of hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus. The Lancet study involved 96,000 coronavirus patients, nearly 15,000 of whom were given hydroxychloroquine — or a related form chloroquine — either alone or with an antibiotic.

The study found that the patients were more likely to die in hospital and develop heart rhythm complications than other Covid patients in a comparison group. The death rates of the treated groups were: hydroxychloroquine 18%; chloroquine 16.4%; control group 9%. Those treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine in combination with antibiotics had an even higher death rate.

The researchers warned that hydroxychloroquine should not be used outside of clinical trials.

The BBC also reports that a separate trial involving over 40,000 healthcare workers around the world is now testing whether hydroxychloroquine could prevent infection.

---

DarrinS
    "safe" placebo
    Obviously they were taking it wrong.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

---

DarrinS
    "safe" placebo
    I kinda get Darrin because I do what he does with sports.
    The Spurs are getting hammered while Im watching and I just turn it off.
    I cant stand it so I check the score and we have made huge gains so I start to watch and then we start to fall apart again.
    After this seems to continue to happen, during this particular game, I keep playing this stupid game like my watching has some physical connection to the Spurs falling apart.

But... to play this game with medicine... No.

People so badly want to feel the have control over things they dont they will grasp at anything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

---

DarrinS
    "safe" placebo
    lol another database query being called a study
    lol conducted by Mandeep Mehra

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cant stand it so I check the score and we have made huge gains so I start to watch and then we start to fall apart again.
    After this seems to continue to happen, during this particular game, I keep playing this stupid game like my watching has some physical connection to the Spurs falling apart.

People so badly want to feel the have control over things they dont they will grasp at anything.
    I'm pretty sure were going to find out Trump and then his followers went all in on hydroxychloroquine because he couldn't regularly pronounce Remdesivir. He started out pimping both but kind of dropped the latter. I suppose the cheapness and availability of hydroxychloroquine was attractive too.

That ing French doctor though...what the motivates his kind of bull ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol every study is a database query. that's what science based on facts is all about.
    lol attacking the people, not the facts

It was published as a study:
    https://www.thelancet.com/action/sho...2820%2931180-6

what's flawed about that study? methodology is included there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We all want a sound therapeutic treatment for 'rona. The stupidity is advertising this placebo is safe.

I get that eventually SnakeBoy, DarrinS, etc, will come out with the "lulz, we were just trolling coz TDS", but there's stupid people out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any issue with the actual data?
    Dr. Mandeep R. Mehra is the medical director of the Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) Heart and Vascular Center. He specializes in cardiovascular medicine and cardiac transplant at BWH and is a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School.

Dr. Mehra received his medical degree from Mahatma Gandhi Ins ute of Medical Sciences in Maharashtra, India. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Mount Carmel Medical Center in Columbus, as well as fellowships in cardiovascular disease and advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology at Ochsner Clinic Foundation Hospital in New Orleans. Dr. Mehra is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease and advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology.

Yeah, I can see how you would mock this guy...because he's....Indian?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Trump is out golfing to celebrate the 100,000th death? Biden MAGA TRUMP 2020 TRUE PATRIOT

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all want a sound therapeutic treatment for 'rona. The stupidity is advertising this placebo is safe.

I get that eventually SnakeBoy, DarrinS, etc, will come out with the "lulz, we were just trolling coz TDS", but there's stupid people out there.
    You just don't want that treatment to be hydroxychloroquine cuz Trump, you'd rather people die. It's been that way since he mentioned the drug.

We get a case series studies showing benefit you say it's just anecdotes. Then tout "studies" which don't give dosages, point in illness when the drug was given, this one includes HQ and CP, or even worse some of the studies you guys celebrate are using CP and clearly overdosing the patients.

I'll keep waiting for actual clinical trial that starts hydroxychloroquine early in the illness and at a known safe dosage. Then it works or it doesn't.

It's just sad that people like you would be against a drug working just to claim some sort of victory over Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We get a case series studies showing benefit you say it's just anecdotes. Then tout "studies" which don't give dosages, point in illness when the drug was given, this one includes HQ and CP, or even worse some of the studies you guys celebrate are using CP and clearly overdosing the patients.
    Obviously they were taking it wrong.
    What's your professional beef with the Indian doctor again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just don't want that treatment to be hydroxychloroquine cuz Trump, you'd rather people die. It's been that way since he mentioned the drug.

I'll keep waiting for actual clinical trial that starts hydroxychloroquine early in the illness and at a known safe dosage. Then it works or it doesn't.

It's just sad that people like you would be against a drug working just to claim some sort of victory over Trump.

Wrong at every level. We all want a treatment that is scientifically proven to work. I don't want a treatment that is either scientifically unproven, or proven NOT to work, cuz Trump said the cool kids are doing it.

When we had some studies that were extremely limited (admitted by the studies themselves), but hopeful, I said they were hopeful, and I was certainly rooting for confirmation at a larger scale. I'm still hopeful we can find a treatment that works.

Now that studies say it's not useful, then one would rationally expect people to say, oh well, that didn't pan out, and move on to the next thing.

I'm against stupid people stating stupid things about unproven drugs. That kills people too. And for what? to lap it up for orange man?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was ALWAYS foolish to hype this treatment like Trump, SnakeBoy and Darrin did simply because it was unproven. We all hoped it would work but the positive stories were suspect from the very beginning. The wariness is completely warranted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that studies say it's not useful, then one would rationally expect people to say, oh well, that didn't pan out, and move on to the next thing.
    There's not a single clinical trial saying it works or doesn't work yet you want to move on lol

but you not against it working right?

I'm against stupid people stating stupid things about unproven drugs. That kills people too. And for what? to lap it up for orange man?
    The argument against it started as we'll run out and lupus patients will suffer. Now it's a deadly drug that nobody should take despite 50 years of being one of the safest drugs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was ALWAYS foolish to hype this treatment like Trump, SnakeBoy and Darrin did simply because it was unproven. We all hoped it would work but the positive stories were suspect from the very beginning. The wariness is completely warranted.
    If you were hoping it would work you still would be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you were hoping it would work you still would be.
    I still am. I hope no one else dies and hope every drug tried works perfectly. Like a miracle.

Now what?

Act like it's already been proved? That's what you've been doing.

And you never said why you mock the Indian doctor. Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's not a single clinical trial saying it works or doesn't work yet you want to move on lol

The argument against it started as we'll run out and lupus patients will suffer. Now it's a deadly drug that nobody should take despite 50 years of being one of the safest drugs.
    I hope Trump never says he's taking an antibiotic. We're ed. I will be deemed the placebo and dangerous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol yes there was, just the samples were too small:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7102549/

I'm not a person of faith, and I'm not 'against' or 'for' anything working. I'm hopeful we find a proven treatment. I don't care if it's this drug or any other. It remains stupid to try to pimp this as a harmless drug, however.

Furthermore, you now have data that points out that patients treated with it didn't have better outcomes. What's your take on that?

The drug side effects on the heart were well known even before covid. It never stopped being a dangerous drug. That's why it requires prescription and monitoring by professionals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Trump never says he's taking an antibiotic. We're ed. I will be deemed the placebo and dangerous.
    You're not THAT stupid.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your professional beef with the Indian doctor again?
    Lol he'll never answer this one

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cancer deaths down this year thanks to covid. So there's that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The messed up hair adds much needed validation to the claim

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half Of All Fox Viewers Think

Bill Gates Wants To Use COVID-19 Vaccine To Implant Microchips In Them

https://www.wonkette.com/half-of-all...ps-in-everyone

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar