Page 272 of 376 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 6,776 to 6,800 of 9381
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the writing not as good with Koei-Tecmo instead of Atlus doing it? Or is it just the combat? I have always liked these sorts of Dynasty Warriors sorts of games. Drakengard which put the events of Nier Replicant into motion was one of those Dynasty Warriors style of games too. Speaking of Nier Replicant, the game has an infuriating platinum trophy that requires way too much grinding, since I remember you asking about the game and that you like hunting platinums. Might be the worst plat I have seen on PS4. Great game, I can't put it down ever since getting it, but it does kind of suck how much grinding you'd have to do to get the plat. Which I have no interest in trying for. Like this method to get eagle eggs that are necessary for maxing out some weapons. It's a super rare random spawn at the spot shown in the video so you can literally spend an hour killing yourself to reset the item spawn and still never have it be the eagle egg.

Another annoying thing is trying to grow a lunar tear in your garden, which will take you a week in the best case if you don't mess with your system's time zones.
    I dont know if it's the writing or not but it definitely feels like an after thought game. Story feels like a B-side for sure. I'm not too far into it to fully judge it.

Merely gameplay wise it's not grabbing me though.

Cant you just buy the trophies like in Nier Automata?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know if it's the writing or not but it definitely feels like an after thought game. Story feels like a B-side for sure. I'm not too far into it to fully judge it.

Merely gameplay wise it's not grabbing me though.

Cant you just buy the trophies like in Nier Automata?
    Nah gold is pretty worthless in Nier Replicant once you have bought the weapons that are for sale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono

Can you confirm that Ratchet is the most impressive technical next gen game?

Everything I’ve seen from it so far I think “ no way ps4 can do this”

Insane

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono

Can you confirm that Ratchet is the most impressive technical next gen game?

Everything I’ve seen from it so far I think “ no way ps4 can do this”

Insane
    we're just getting started in the generation

But it's good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we're just getting started in the generation

But it's good
    But how much should I expect my wallet to hurt this year? So far my likely buys are Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, the Yuffie DLC for Final Fantasy VII Remake, Dying Light 2, and Horizon Forbidden West. No interest in playing RE8 yet since I'm waiting for PSVR 2 to come out before playing RE7 and hear RE8 is a continuation of the RE7 story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But how much should I expect my wallet to hurt this year? So far my likely buys are Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, the Yuffie DLC for Final Fantasy VII Remake, Dying Light 2, and Horizon Forbidden West. No interest in playing RE8 yet since I'm waiting for PSVR 2 to come out before playing RE7 and hear RE8 is a continuation of the RE7 story.
    Looks like you're more or less spot on for this year. Not sure what third party is coming out with though. The projects I'm working on are not due till '22-'25, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like you're more or less spot on for this year. Not sure what third party is coming out with though. The projects I'm working on are not due till '22-'25, tbh...

Sounds like Starfield is at least 2022 also so not expecting much desire to buy a Series X this year. Still expect that to be an absolute killer system in 2-3 years though.

I'm guessing Nintendo will have some cool involving Zelda this year too. Keep hearing Wind Waker will come to Switch for the 35th anniversary of Zelda, and hope they bring a 60 fps Ocarina of Time too. No way they could get away with releasing the 20 fps version from N64, that is rough to play in 2021. Pretty sure they wanted BOTW2 to be a 2021 release for the 35th anniversary but sounds like that ain't happening because of COVID. Oh well, Nintendo still has my most anticipated game for 2021, Shin Megami Tensei V. Will be a Day -3 download for me tbh.

Also if you haven't played it, Bowser's Fury is pretty good on Switch. Super Mario 3D World is alright too, but certainly no Odyssey by any stretch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got a code around for Disco Elysium Final Cut? looks real interesting. I'm about to splurge on the PS store right now. I'm bored and looking for something new to play even though I have almost 20 new games to play.

So far looking through their extended state of play sales where they got a few good games in there real cheap. Thus far I have nabbed Return to Arkham and Project Cars 2 for a grand total of 20 bucks.

I'm seriously addicted to buying on the store now. baseline bum weren't you looking to play Dishonored? They have a bundle going for Dishonored 2 and Prey. Two solid Arkane games right there. Though Dishonored 1 is still far superior in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got a code around for Disco Elysium Final Cut? looks real interesting. I'm about to splurge on the PS store right now. I'm bored and looking for something new to play even though I have almost 20 new games to play.

So far looking through their extended state of play sales where they got a few good games in there real cheap. Thus far I have nabbed Return to Arkham and Project Cars 2 for a grand total of 20 bucks.

I'm seriously addicted to buying on the store now. baseline bum weren't you looking to play Dishonored? They have a bundle going for Dishonored 2 and Prey. Two solid Arkane games right there. Though Dishonored 1 is still far superior in my opinion.
    I can the get Dishonored 1 & 2 bundle for $0 in the CODEX Sale though, and actually play them at 60 fps. Dude, save your money, Days of Play sale starts Wednesday. Current PSN sales are pretty IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although if you never played it Reck, the Assassins Creed Ezio trilogy for $12 is pretty solid. Absolutely loved AC2 and AC Brotherhood. AC Revelations was alright but nowhere near as good as the first two games in the trilogy though.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...LEGACYHD000000

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can the get Dishonored 1 & 2 bundle for $0 in the CODEX Sale though, and actually play them at 60 fps. Dude, save your money, Days of Play sale starts Wednesday. Current PSN sales are pretty IMO.
    Eh, I'm not buying triple A games right now. Well yeah I am but basically bin sales. Return to Arkham for example is 6 dollars for 2 GOTY games. Cant pass on that.

Also Slightly Mad Studio is like Nintendo, they dont drop their prices like ever so I was surprised to see Project Cars 2 going for just under 13 dollars.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although if you never played it Reck, the Assassins Creed Ezio trilogy for $12 is pretty solid. Absolutely loved AC2 and AC Brotherhood. AC Revelations was alright but nowhere near as good as the first two games in the trilogy though.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...LEGACYHD000000
    Yeah that's a good one. I just might.

I have seem playthroughs of it though and the Ezio story is definitely my favorite of the whole franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Starfield is at least 2022 also so not expecting much desire to buy a Series X this year. Still expect that to be an absolute killer system in 2-3 years though.

I'm guessing Nintendo will have some cool involving Zelda this year too. Keep hearing Wind Waker will come to Switch for the 35th anniversary of Zelda, and hope they bring a 60 fps Ocarina of Time too. No way they could get away with releasing the 20 fps version from N64, that is rough to play in 2021. Pretty sure they wanted BOTW2 to be a 2021 release for the 35th anniversary but sounds like that ain't happening because of COVID. Oh well, Nintendo still has my most anticipated game for 2021, Shin Megami Tensei V. Will be a Day -3 download for me tbh.

Also if you haven't played it, Bowser's Fury is pretty good on Switch. Super Mario 3D World is alright too, but certainly no Odyssey by any stretch.
    I mostly catch up with Switch at the end of the year. If you other les to recommend, bring them on.

No code for that, sorry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I'm not buying triple A games right now. Well yeah I am but basically bin sales. Return to Arkham for example is 6 dollars for 2 GOTY games. Cant pass on that.

Also Slightly Mad Studio is like Nintendo, they dont drop their prices like ever so I was surprised to see Project Cars 2 going for just under 13 dollars.
    I'm of the opposite mindset. Now I'm not buying unless I'm going to start it in the next week.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm of the opposite mindset. Now I'm not buying unless I'm going to start it in the next week.
    That's what I always say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything else you guys playing? I'm still hitting Returnal here and there, got past the first boss. Would've moved to Nier Replicant if they had a legit PS5 version.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything else you guys playing? I'm still hitting Returnal here and there, got past the first boss. Would've moved to Nier Replicant if they had a legit PS5 version.
    Nier Replicant was a shoestring budget PS3/360 game, would take a complete rethinking of the game to make it reasonable to come out with a PS5 version. The biggest reason to play Nier Replicant is for the story and characters but since you never got past Ending A of NieR Automata I think, I wouldn't recommend the game to you. It's filled with fetch quests and the combat is too easy. It's a very flawed game but with a ridiculously good story. But a story you have to do the extra playthroughs for to really uncover. Yoko Taro said he was inspired to make the game based on 9-11 and the Iraq war but it really won't start making sense until you're doing later playthroughs. It's one of my favorite games ever made but there's a reason it's a cult classic and not something that gets 10/10 review scores. It has a niche audience. Now Reck and spurraider21 I'd absolutely recommend Replicant to since they enjoyed the story of Automata and played through the multiple endings. But gameplay isn't as good as Automata's so if Automata didn't really grab you I don't think Replicant would have any chance to. Story and characters are better in Replicant though, which is really saying something because Automata's story was outstanding.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-23-2021 at 01:06 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of games at the moment. Long games, too.

Wreckfest, Persona 5 Strikers, King’s Quest, Spider Man and a few indie games.

Wreckfest is the palate cleanser. It’s a fun game to pick up for some fast action and kill time for 30-40 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nier Replicant was a shoestring budget PS3/360 game, would take a complete rethinking of the game to make it reasonable to come out with a PS5 version. The biggest reason to play Nier Replicant is for the story and characters but since you never got past Ending A of NieR Automata I think, I wouldn't recommend the game to you. It's filled with fetch quests and the combat is too easy. It's a very flawed game but with a ridiculously good story. But a story you have to do the extra playthroughs for to really uncover. Yoko Taro said he was inspired to make the game based on 9-11 and the Iraq war but it really won't start making sense until you're doing later playthroughs. It's one of my favorite games ever made but there's a reason it's a cult classic and not something that gets 10/10 review scores. It has a niche audience. Now Reck and spurraider21 I'd absolutely recommend Replicant to since they enjoyed the story of Automata and played through the multiple endings. But gameplay isn't as good as Automata's so if Automata didn't really grab you I don't think Replicant would have any chance to. Story and characters are better in Replicant though, which is really saying something because Automata's story was outstanding.
    Automata was damn good, just didn't have the time or appe e to play it 2-3 times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of games at the moment. Long games, too.

Wreckfest, Persona 5 Strikers, King’s Quest, Spider Man and a few indie games.

Wreckfest is the palate cleanser. It’s a fun game to pick up for some fast action and kill time for 30-40 minutes.
    Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Automata was damn good, just didn't have the time or appe e to play it 2-3 times.
    It wasn't replaying it 2-3 times though. Playthrough B was similar to A except you were doing the story of Playthrough A as 9S, where your most powerful weapon was hacking the machines using a Geometry Wars style minigame. But it goes faster than Playthrough A and has some new story content not part of Playthrough A. It's not total repe ion. Getting to Ending C gives completely new story and gameplay building off Ending B, there is absolutely nothing repeated from earlier content. Then ending D and E are just replaying the last mission of the game. I don't want to give spoilers but only going to Ending A told you very little of the story. There is a huge tone shift in playing for Ending B after getting Ending A, and the real meat of the game (and by far best part) is after Ending B all the way through to Ending C. Then I'll say getting to Ending E gives a really cool bossfight and Endings D and E might take an hour or hour and a half max in total to get after getting Ending C if I remember right.

In Nier Replicant you genuinely have to play Part 2 of the story 5 times for all endings, though the replays of Part 2 are pretty quick once you have no need to do any sidequests and because by the second playthrough of it your character will be strong enough to really cut through enemies quickly. Honestly before buying Replicant I'd replay Automata through to Ending E and then if you're really into the story get Replicant. I say that because Automata is much more polished and modern feeling game than Replicant, Replicant starts off very slow with a string of fetch quests before becoming incredible storywise, and the major plot twist of Automata won't hit nearly as hard if you already know it from playing Replicant. Also you'd be selling yourself super short if you don't do at least one replay to get to Ending B. Same with not pushing through to at least Ending C in Automata.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-23-2021 at 08:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just tekken.

But I’m eagerly waiting for biomutant reviews.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nba 2k21 is free on the epic store rn if anyone cares

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't replaying it 2-3 times though. Playthrough B was similar to A except you were doing the story of Playthrough A as 9S, where your most powerful weapon was hacking the machines using a Geometry Wars style minigame. But it goes faster than Playthrough A and has some new story content not part of Playthrough A. It's not total repe ion. Getting to Ending C gives completely new story and gameplay building off Ending B, there is absolutely nothing repeated from earlier content. Then ending D and E are just replaying the last mission of the game. I don't want to give spoilers but only going to Ending A told you very little of the story. There is a huge tone shift in playing for Ending B after getting Ending A, and the real meat of the game (and by far best part) is after Ending B all the way through to Ending C. Then I'll say getting to Ending E gives a really cool bossfight and Endings D and E might take an hour or hour and a half max in total to get after getting Ending C if I remember right.

In Nier Replicant you genuinely have to play Part 2 of the story 5 times for all endings, though the replays of Part 2 are pretty quick once you have no need to do any sidequests and because by the second playthrough of it your character will be strong enough to really cut through enemies quickly. Honestly before buying Replicant I'd replay Automata through to Ending E and then if you're really into the story get Replicant. I say that because Automata is much more polished and modern feeling game than Replicant, Replicant starts off very slow with a string of fetch quests before becoming incredible storywise, and the major plot twist of Automata won't hit nearly as hard if you already know it from playing Replicant. Also you'd be selling yourself super short if you don't do at least one replay to get to Ending B. Same with not pushing through to at least Ending C in Automata.
    I recall trying to continue playing but I was a bit burned out then. I should still have the saves, so I might give it a try again at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recall trying to continue playing but I was a bit burned out then. I should still have the saves, so I might give it a try again at some point.
    You should definitely do the rest of the game. You haven't even gotten to one of the playable characters in the game yet after ending A, don't even know if you even see them yet that early in the game.

Thread Information