Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict a bad long term outcome this superstar with such an abhorrent personality and lack of character- karma or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if Duncan had the supporting cast that Nephew was gifted in Toronto and now the Clippers. He would have won more rings easily.
    Gifted? That's hindsight...go to the trade thread when it happened...ppl were clowning him saying pop sent him to a whole other country to waste a year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how we pretend as if the front office could do no wrong when they have made the wrong moves in every way since Duncan left...I fully believe Kawhi was disrespected by the FO, and that's what made him want to leave...spurs fans have this idea that you HAVE to take disrespect from ppl in the front office

And I also believe kawhi wanted to resign, until he was lowballed and that was the final straw...even the lebron hungry media at the time were giving up on the hopes he would be traded to LA when all the reports were saying kawhi was working it out with the FO...

I've said this from the beginning...the FO were so loyal to Manu and Tony that they were frustrated with Kawhi after Pop sat him again after seeing how gimpy he was during the 9 game stretch (when even we were saying he didn't look right)...they wanted to send Manu and Tony out in a blaze of glory with one last finals run...and they forgot rule number 1...don't disrespect ur star...for all this talk about Timmy's loyalty, he was never disrespected...he isnt a soft punk, trust that...if the FO called him a pussy that year early on when he missed the playoffs, I can GUARANTEE he would have demanded a trade if that person wasn't fired

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how we pretend as if the front office could do no wrong when they have made the wrong moves in every way since Duncan left...I fully believe Kawhi was disrespected by the FO, and that's what made him want to leave...spurs fans have this idea that you HAVE to take disrespect from ppl in the front office
    If you tell him "No" to anything this A-Hole feels like you "Disrespected" him. Also he gets offended if you tell him the following..

"Don't Fake Injuries"
    "Stop Load Managing so much"
    "Open your mouth and speak to the team"
    "Oh yeah and when you feel like talking, Tell Your Sleaze ball Uncle to piss off"

Etc..

Good Riddance..

And I also believe kawhi wanted to resign
    Nope.. Uncle is sucking him dry, and needed to get them to LA to be living his best life.. Watch his Uncle go to Prison one day for things like Fraud and Tax Evasion.

until he was lowballed and that was the final straw...even the lebron hungry media at the time were giving up on the hopes he would be traded to LA when all the reports were saying kawhi was working it out with the FO...
    He faked an injury got traded to the Raptors, and then after taking them for a ride asking for tons of illegal , went to LA.. Which was Uncle's plan all along..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you tell him "No" to anything this A-Hole feels like you "Disrespected" him. Also he gets offended if you tell him the following..

"Don't Fake Injuries"
    "Stop Load Managing so much"
    "Open your mouth and speak to the team"
    "Oh yeah and when you feel like talking, Tell Your Sleaze ball Uncle to piss off"

Etc..

Good Riddance..

Nope.. Uncle is sucking him dry, and needed to get them to LA to be living his best life.. Watch his Uncle go to Prison one day for things like Fraud and Tax Evasion.

He faked an injury got traded to the Raptors, and then after taking them for a ride asking for tons of illegal , went to LA.. Which was Uncle's plan all along..
    My dad once gave this life advice which was that if someone wants to fight with you over something stupid such as accidentally stepping on their shoes that just means they hated you before and wanted a stupid excuse to come at you. I apply this to Kawhi getting upset over stupid stuff such as Manu saying "Well he didn't tell us when he's coming back."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew. Any self respecting Spurs fan wouldn't cheer for that gimp piece of . Putting him in the same breath as Duncan in any way, shape, or form is disrespectful to a true G like Timmy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is an excellent individual player, but comparing him to Duncan in regards to making team mates around him better is just crazy talk. In fact, I would say Kawhi is much the opposite and James Harden would be a better comparison. Heck, the Clippers are playing more cohesive basketball right now without him. Individually dominant? yes. Duncan level teammate? Not even in the same universe. Guy doesn't care about elevating anyone but himself.

That said, I don't blame him for wanting to get away from San Antonio and Emperor Popovich. I do blame him for the ty way he went about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say 99 David Robinson was a better player than any Clipper or Raptor player, and yes 2014 Kawhi, the version that cancelled out peak LeBron for three straight games belong in that category as well.

Kawhi has good help but I wouldn't say it is better than prime Parker and Ginobili. It is no where near as LeBron's supporting cast and he could have easily joined the Lakers to collect free rings.

Unless of course, Paul George morphs from pandemic P to peak Scottie Pippen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah him forever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s hiding out again, leaving his team guessing. Clippers are calling it a knee sprain yet Kawhi hasn’t been on the sideline yet to cheer on his teammates. The dominoes fell right with Toronto but every other year as the team “leader” he’s either fallen short or gotten hurt.

Head case. Not a leader. Glad he’s gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s hiding out again, leaving his team guessing. Clippers are calling it a knee sprain yet Kawhi hasn’t been on the sideline yet to cheer on his teammates. The dominoes fell right with Toronto but every other year as the team “leader” he’s either fallen short or gotten hurt.

Head case. Not a leader. Glad he’s gone.
    Yet you have posters like duncan2k5 still claiming the Spurs were at fault for him leaving. It was always a situation that couldn't be fixed. He and Uncle Dennis were always gaslighting and narcissists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet you have posters like duncan2k5 still claiming the Spurs were at fault for him leaving. It was always a situation that couldn't be fixed. He and Uncle Dennis were always gaslighting and narcissists.
    It was hilarious how they tried to spin things at the beginning of the game two broadcast. Chris Paul has been talking with his teammates, facetiming everyone, itching to get back on the court. They "said" Kawhi is doing the same thing, basically facetiming his coach and checking in on strategy. Kawhi isn't being prevented from being on the sideline (unlike CP), but of course he's not going to be there.

I get the feeling watching the Clippers that Ty Lue knows he has to protect the superstar, and all the players walk gingerly around Leonard, but you don't get the impression he's a cherished part of the team. It almost seems like on the court the players try to prove they can win without him, because there's certainly greater effort, it appears, when he's out.

The Spurs vets had nothing to prove when they called out Leonard, but in today's NBA you just can't do that with the prima donnas that rule the league.

Fvck Kawhi.

Thread Information