Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Express News:
    Weatherspoon earns praise from White

Even though Quinndary Weatherspoon has been relegated to mainly mop-up duty since joining the Spurs after the G League season ended, one of his teammates believes the second-year guard is improving daily. “‘Q’ has a bright future,” guard Derrick White said.
    White said he got to see firsthand how hard Weatherspoon works when the two were rehabbing this summer after foot and knee surgery, respectively. White is also impressed with Weatherspoon’s play on the defensive end.

The Spurs selected Weatherspoon in the second round out of Mississippi State in the 2020 NBA Draft. “He’s a ball dog,” White said. “He gets after it. He’s aggressive, physical, makes you work. He really takes a lot of pride on that end of the floor. He’s good laterally and has good hands, everything to be a good defensive player.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Paul Garcia
    pAulGarciaNBA
    8m
    Coach Luke Walton says Hassan Whiteside is out tonight vs the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Murray is up for the challenge of keeping up with Fox. He's been a monster of late
    I don't see Dejounte doing well on Fox at all, tbh, Dejounte's much better as a help defender or playing passing lanes than he is one-on-one, IMO at least. With Fox's quick first step, it wouldn't surprise me to see him getting blown by every play. What'll truly be important is how well the Spurs can play rotations and help defense - I'd love to have White set up to defend the weakside, for example, since he's far better at keeping up with his man and also contesting at the rim without fouling (well, used to be I guess, he still hasn't gone back to the old White ).

I anticipate Fox to still get his 30-35, it'll be a matter of seeing how well the Spurs can contain the rest of the offense. Given it's the Kings, it shouldn't be too hard to do, but ehh.... We've gotten beat worse this season for me to be confident about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tom Orsborn
    Tom_orsborn
    2h
    Dieng is out tonight (coach's decision), but Vassell (right ankle sprain) has been upgraded from probable to available, per Spurs.
    So Dieng has reported and could be on street clothes. Let’s hope to see him on Wednesday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Dejounte doing well on Fox at all, tbh, Dejounte's much better as a help defender or playing passing lanes than he is one-on-one, IMO at least. With Fox's quick first step, it wouldn't surprise me to see him getting blown by every play. What'll truly be important is how well the Spurs can play rotations and help defense - I'd love to have White set up to defend the weakside, for example, since he's far better at keeping up with his man and also contesting at the rim without fouling (well, used to be I guess, he still hasn't gone back to the old White ).

I anticipate Fox to still get his 30-35, it'll be a matter of seeing how well the Spurs can contain the rest of the offense. Given it's the Kings, it shouldn't be too hard to do, but ehh.... We've gotten beat worse this season for me to be confident about it
    Agree. It doesn’t help that DJ gambles too much for a steal. There are quick guards that he can’tbjust do thst and discipline himself to just try to stay in front. Spurs really can switch on anyone and could defend better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Fox usually abuses DJ and DJ bows down and takes it. Hopefully, it's different tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Express News:
    Weatherspoon earns praise from White

Even though Quinndary Weatherspoon has been relegated to mainly mop-up duty since joining the Spurs after the G League season ended, one of his teammates believes the second-year guard is improving daily. “‘Q’ has a bright future,” guard Derrick White said.
    White said he got to see firsthand how hard Weatherspoon works when the two were rehabbing this summer after foot and knee surgery, respectively. White is also impressed with Weatherspoon’s play on the defensive end.

The Spurs selected Weatherspoon in the second round out of Mississippi State in the 2020 NBA Draft. “He’s a ball dog,” White said. “He gets after it. He’s aggressive, physical, makes you work. He really takes a lot of pride on that end of the floor. He’s good laterally and has good hands, everything to be a good defensive player.”
    I saw that in the Bubble but seems ill-prepared coming back from the break. He could be a bulldog with his body and could be a pesky defender. Let’s hope he continues to improve as Tre is imo already ahead of him in the pecking order

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way the Spurs have been destroyed by super athletic guards this season I expect Fox to get a 40 point triple double and the Kings to win comfortably. Spurs will win the next one imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playing johnny cash for the visiting team introductions might be contributing to the home woes

spurs need the man in black on their side

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was really excited to see Dieng make his debut. Ah well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might actually go the way of the first Clippers game tbh. Spurs can't defend the three at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its no coincidence the team gets 3s rained on them when demar is on the floor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing obviously Dieng will bring is better FT shooting than Jakob, if his defense holds up, will be a huge plus late in games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fox is such a nice player man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings on pace to hit 30 threes tonight tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy that Poeltl “jump shot”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they're not even really threatening the basket but spurs keep helping off shooters or losing them off ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We really drafted Vassell over Halliburton....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy that Poeltl “jump shot”
    He has worked on that all offseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6 years ago today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss Tim Duncan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yak is a ing monster.

at people that doubted him. He's a rich man's Steven Adams for a fraction of the price, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second game in a row where the SL has started off great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob already with 7 and 5

but the thing that will be discussed most by the geniuses of spurs fandom will be an end of shot clock jump shot he had to hoist up to avoid a violation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back to the Future: This game will be sponsored by BSSW

Thread Information