My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, you're going to get it no matter how hard you try not to. Its endemic now. Sweet dreams.
    Foodborne pathogens like

Norovirus.
    Salmonella.
    Clostridium perfringens.
    Campylobacter.
    Staphylococcus aureus (Staph)

...are all endemic.

Should we ditch food handling regulations since people are just going to catch them eventually anyway?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The answer Darrin, is no, and of course not.

Why should it be any different for a airborne communicable disease that has killed 800,000 people (and counting) in this country and incapacitated many more in the last two years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because your political ikon screwed it up and lost the election? That's a rather high price to pay for political bad feels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darwin won this round, tbh
    looking at it from the other side, everyone who died lost. they probably also infected others who didn't deserve it or who didn't necessarily agree with them, who got sick and/or died despite personal honest good will.

net loss, tbh.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 12-06-2021 at 04:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC estimates that each year roughly 1 in 6 Americans (or 48 million people) gets sick, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die of foodborne diseases.
    are health regulations overkill?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why or why not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rate of mortality is very low, what's the big deal?

Yet every city, county and state has them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were they cowed into it by the yellow press, or is there a tangible social benefit too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were they cowed into it by the yellow press, or is there a tangible social benefit too?
    Fewer people get sick and/or die. That's the social benefit.

Are state, county and municipal health codes worth it for that reason?

If yes, why not for COVID too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be well if states, counties and cities started to take indoor air quality and ventilation as seriously as they did food and water sanitation in the early 20th century.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nerds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking at it from the other side, everyone who died lost. they probably also infected others who didn't deserve it or who didn't necessarily agree with them, who got sick and/or died despite personal honest good will.

net loss, tbh.
    I'm not happy that Darwin won because it means this was preventable. He doesn't really care about your feelings or your political leanings.

It does get to a point where you can no longer claim ignorance though, and at that point you cross into sheer stupidity. I simply have much less empathy with the later group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given popular disdain (plus political aversion/animus) in the USA toward non-medical measures to hinder transmission of COVID, the absolute number of people requiring hospitalization could be catastrophic, if Omicron outcompetes Delta.

Another warp speed push for therapeutic treatments and 2nd generation vaccines, at a minimum, would be a good idea. Frank official advice about airborne disease, air quality and indoor gatherings would also be timely, but there's approximately zero chance the Biden administration would risk "ruining Christmas" by doing so.

I give it two to three months until antivaxxers/antimaskers on this board start blaming Biden for not doing enough to stem transmission of SARS-CoV-2. I sure hope I'm wrong.

COVID-19 hospitalizations are rising rapidly in a populous South African province where the new omicron variant of the coronavirus has been detected.

Hospitalizations across the country have increased by 63 percent since the beginning of the month, according to data from the country’s National Ins ute for Communicable Diseases. In Gauteng, a province that includes the country’s largest city, Johannesburg, hospitalizations are up by nearly 400 percent since the beginning of the month, from 120 for the week ending Nov. 6 to 580 for the week ending Saturday.

The South Africa diseases ins ute, part of the group of researchers and government ins utions that first reported the variant to the World Health Organization, said in a statement that omicron cases were found in Gauteng at “a relatively high frequency.”
    https://www.nbcnews.com/data-graphic...-spot-rcna6922

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not your right to suggest people who work with food wash their hands.
    I mean it could lead to some sort of OCD where they wash their hands so much they get infections because they kill the normal bacterial flora on the hands.
    Public Health.

Koriwhat does not have to follow basic OSHA guidelines in his tat parlor. He can needle people and not worry about a thing. "Fck OSHA recommendations when I stick people. They should know I am careful. If they get an infection from my place of business then the logical consequence is they wont come anymore so fk em"

FREEDOM!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston-area wastewater assays for SARS-CoV-2 are approaching February's peak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looked back at it, because i admittedly dont really keep up to speed with kim iversen. i just remember having seen her name mentioned where she was arguing about not voting biden against trump.

to correct myself, she said that she would not vote biden in the general election, not that she would vote pro trump.

i think the effect is the same, so she's one of those braindead bernieorbusters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So....who is wearing their mask at HEB?

I will start. I dont.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

Thank you for your support. Obviously we would never do what we are being accused of. I think it's common sense that there was no available photo of the mug shot before the mug shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it

Me

I called it

Pandemic over

(CNN)Early reports on the quick spread of the Omicron variant in South Africa were at first frightening, but then began to offer some hope. The new variant may have quickly overtaken other strains of the virus in South Africa as it enters the summer, but cases so far appear to have been overwhelmingly mild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Omicrap is mild and vaxed are spreading it
    Called it a week ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So....who is wearing their mask at HEB?

I will start. I dont.
    Since we all need Omicron to spread like wildfire. Im done w masks

Omicron! Omicron!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HEB/Northwood, nearly everybody has masks. I noticed only one so-called lady without.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said that about the OG and delta.
    Nope I didnt

Liar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HEB/Northwood, nearly everybody has masks. I noticed only one so-called lady without.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First quantification I've seen on how much COVID is preventing people from going to work. From a Boston University assistant prof, compiled from the US Census's Household Pulse Survey. It's yet another reason why people aren't showing up for jobs.

Thread Information