My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no plays late in the 4

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention burning all his timeouts too early.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought by halftime that what we saw play out in OT might happen to them. At halftime, those guys had taken 40 shots as a team and 36 of them were from the 4 dudes who had all of their points. It seemed likely at the time that those 4 guys would be so spent from that burden (if it continued) that in a late-and-tight situation, jump shots (as Barkley might say) just wouldn't fall. It continued throughout the entire game, as it turns out: Durant/Ibaka/Jackson/Westbrook took 76 of their 82 shots in Game 6. As the game wore on, those shots got more and more difficult and if they hadn't gotten to the line 18 times in the 4th, I suspect their percentage in that quarter would have even more certainly reflected that. When it mattered most in OT, they made 1 FG.

I get that those are their best dudes and that was an elimination game, but if you're coaching that team, you've got to find shots for other guys and get them involved. It's pretty absurd that Brooks either doesn't feel there's value in trying to make that happen or that he's incapable of making his team play that way.

And the idea that his team is as reliant on the FT line as he says they are is pretty telling of his struggles to find ways for an incredibly talented group to maintain offense without outside help.

It's scary that the Thunder might finally realize that if they want to get over the hump, a coaching change is likely their best bet to make that happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah 3 years of this same stuff

surprised fisher did not saw something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooks is a problem, but the Spurs didn't really run near the end either. Sometimes the players gotta win the games, and OKC has like 2 decent players outside of their stars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a huge Scotty Brooks fan tbh.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude the worse was him actually stating OKC needed to get to the ft line in his interview before the 4th. How about hitting shots you ass clown. Lost all respect for him, had just a little left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's ing AWFUL. He rolls the balls out at practice. That's it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's one of the 3-5 worst coaches in the league, but Shaq's a moron, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's ing AWFUL. He rolls the balls out at practice. That's it.
    Exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We gotta get to the freethrow line"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder would probably be champs by now if their coach wasn't a borderline . tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I see what you did there, Mugen! HeeHee!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude the worse was him actually stating OKC needed to get to the ft line in his interview before the 4th. How about hitting shots you ass clown. Lost all respect for him, had just a little left.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah 3 years of this same stuff

surprised fisher did not saw something
    ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he keeps his job for the next 10 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. I hope OKC keeps him around.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he leaves old stinky fish out there for mismatch after mismatch because he can't coach the other 4.

The guy is pitiful, and I hope OKC never realizes it.

Seriously Fisher in so much of the 4th and the entire overtime?

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought by halftime that what we saw play out in OT might happen to them. At halftime, those guys had taken 40 shots as a team and 36 of them were from the 4 dudes who had all of their points. It seemed likely at the time that those 4 guys would be so spent from that burden (if it continued) that in a late-and-tight situation, jump shots (as Barkley might say) just wouldn't fall. It continued throughout the entire game, as it turns out: Durant/Ibaka/Jackson/Westbrook took 76 of their 82 shots in Game 6. As the game wore on, those shots got more and more difficult and if they hadn't gotten to the line 18 times in the 4th, I suspect their percentage in that quarter would have even more certainly reflected that. When it mattered most in OT, they made 1 FG.

I get that those are their best dudes and that was an elimination game, but if you're coaching that team, you've got to find shots for other guys and get them involved. It's pretty absurd that Brooks either doesn't feel there's value in trying to make that happen or that he's incapable of making his team play that way.

And the idea that his team is as reliant on the FT line as he says they are is pretty telling of his struggles to find ways for an incredibly talented group to maintain offense without outside help.

It's scary that the Thunder might finally realize that if they want to get over the hump, a coaching change is likely their best bet to make that happen.
    This.
    I just cant believe Lamb and PJ3 dont have value to OKC.
    Those guys would average a lot of minutes in the Spurs.
    Its on Brooks, no doubt. No team in history has became a champion with 10 all stars...a team only has 2..maybe 3. OKS has3...and Jackson. If the coach uses the bench those 4, rested, are unstoppable.

I would feel bad if it was another team...but OKC...well...i dont like RW and KD...so...

And yes...this should be Brooks last game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no butler tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah roll wit it Sammy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbf, with Chimp and Beta, that's what they're used to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think this team is already set in its ways. RW, KD, and to some extent RJ have the green light to take as many shots as they want. I think it would be difficult for them to become system players overnight. Only a coach with hardware would get their attention, otherwise it ain't happening.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.
    I just cant believe Lamb and PJ3 dont have value to OKC.
    Those guys would average a lot of minutes in the Spurs.
    Its on Brooks, no doubt. No team in history has became a champion with 10 all stars...a team only has 2..maybe 3. OKS has3...and Jackson. If the coach uses the bench those 4, rested, are unstoppable.

I would feel bad if it was another team...but OKC...well...i dont like RW and KD...so...

And yes...this should be Brooks last game.
    Lamb's a good player but Perry Jones is . Couldn't believe the hype he got at Baylor, as he looked like crap every time I watched them too. I remember when this guy was the top HS prospect in the nation.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamb's a good player but Perry Jones is . Couldn't believe the hype he got at Baylor, as he looked like crap every time I watched them too. I remember when this guy was the top HS prospect in the nation.
    He was supposed to be a lottery pick before the knee thing.
    Still, I think he can do more than what Brooks made him do....which is sitting on the bench.

Thread Information