Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    This is kind of painful to watch because Ohio State would be giving Alabama a better game than this. Not that Ohio State deserves to be here, but still.
    Depends which Ohio St offense showed up.

Post Count
    This is the kind of game where a Michigan St coach realizes he can never recruit the same type of athletes across the board. That's why Saban left for LSU.

Post Count
    Indeed. And by Sparty, the old bugaboo.
    Still remember the 1998 loss to a Saban-led Spartan. That Buckeyes team was loaded.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    This is kind of painful to watch because Ohio State would be giving Alabama a better game than this. Not that Ohio State deserves to be here, but still.
    A lot of teams would have given Bama a better game than this. , my Bulldogs scored more than 0 points against them.

Was Sparty just not ready for this game? Were the lights too bright? Or....was Bama just 38 points better than Mich. St?

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Too bad. They left their keys in the car and got locked out.

ha, ha.
    Guud Lawd Cubs....38-0? Really?

I just witnessed a Kirby/Neal type rape on National Television.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Still remember the 1998 loss to a Saban-led Spartan. That Buckeyes team was loaded.
    I remember Damon Moore returning an INT for a TD to make it 24-9 in the 3rd quarter and thinking, "Whew." Because Sparty had dominated that game up front (Julian Peterson single handedly destroyed OSU's offense) but just hadn't finished drives. Then OSU fumbled a punt return and everything went sideways.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    Was Sparty just not ready for this game? Were the lights too bright? Or....was Bama just 38 points better than Mich. St?
    Maybe they just don't have the athletes to compete with Alabama on this stage. That's no disrespect to Sparty- Dantonio is a really good coach who has taken that program to the limits of its potential. But you need a certain class of athlete across the board to compete with the Tide in a game like this and I'm not sure MSU has that class of athlete.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good New Year

OU goes down in a painful fashion.
    Congrats Clemson.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looking forward to seeing "White Lightning" Christian McCaffery in his bowl game. It is a strange sight seeing a white RB with speed and some wiggle. Something we really haven't seen since the days of Hugh "The King" McElhenny and "Jaguar" Jon Arnett in the 60's.
    Not much wiggle with Riggins. But that dude was straight line fast football fast when he broke lose. Probably escaped your listing as he did not sing the blues. And I guess he was not "all that" in track.

Not much wiggle with Riggins. But that dude was straight line fast football fast when he broke lose. Probably escaped your listing as he did not sing the blues. And I guess he was not "all that" in track.
    Both McElhenny and Arnett were as as fast as anyone at the time, while Riggins was fast *** he wasn't close to being among the fastest backs in the league. He did have a great size/speed combo however.

*** Riggo was a Kansas state 100 yard champ (as was Jordy Nelson) in HS, he ran a 9.8, (HS record 9.4) but he was a lot lighter than the 230 we saw in the NFL. There was a video of this on youtube.

McElehnny was a Cali State hurdlers champ in HS, Arnett placed in the NCAA long jump while at USC.

1 Hugh McElhenny Washington LA 14.5 120HH 1947
    2 Art Barnard La Jolla SD 120HH 1947
    3 Rick Collins Roosevelt C 120HH 1947
    4 Jack Barnes Dorsey LA 120HH 1947
    5 Bill Storum Beverly Hills S 120HH 1947

1 Hugh McElhenny Washington LA 19.3 180LH 1947
    2 Wilbur Taylor Coalinga C 180LH 1947
    3 Ronnie Dixon Redondo S 180LH 1947
    4 Maurice Jackson Jefferson LA 180LH 1947
    5 Walt Briant Modesto SJ 180LH 1947
    John Bennett Marquette University 25-10 3/4 10
    John Arnett University of Southern California 24-8 3/4 8
    Wilbur Wilson Virginia State University 24-4 1/4 6
    Earl Smith University of Iowa 24-3 1/4 4
    Hal Andrews University of Arizona 24-1 1/2 2
    Neville Price University of Oklahoma 24-1 1/2 2
    Jim Podoley Central Michigan University 23-7 1/2

While here.

Mo Greene who is considered one of the fastest humans ever, Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders all from Kansas,
    Last edited by Avante; 01-01-2016 at 12:31 PM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    Both McElhenny and Arnett were as as fast as anyone at the time, while Riggins was fast *** he wasn't close to being among the fastest backs in the league. He did have a great size/speed combo however.

*** Riggo was a Kansas state 100 yard champ in HS, he ran a 9.8, but he was a lot lighter than the 230 we saw in the NFL. There was a video of this on youtube.

McElehnny was a Cali State hurdlers champ in HS, Arnett placed in the NCAA long jump while at USC.

1 Hugh McElhenny Washington LA 14.5 120HH 1947
    2 Art Barnard La Jolla SD 120HH 1947
    3 Rick Collins Roosevelt C 120HH 1947
    4 Jack Barnes Dorsey LA 120HH 1947
    5 Bill Storum Beverly Hills S 120HH 1947
    120HH 1947
    1 Hugh McElhenny Washington LA 19.3 180LH 1947
    2 Wilbur Taylor Coalinga C 180LH 1947
    3 Ronnie Dixon Redondo S 180LH 1947
    4 Maurice Jackson Jefferson LA 180LH 1947
    5 Walt Briant Modesto SJ 180LH 1947
    Avante, Doug Atkins died last Wednesday.

Avante, Doug Atkins died last Wednesday.
    I know, R.I.P

Atkins was a giant for his day, just one of those naturally big strong guys.

Imagine a guy 6-8 280 pounds in the 60's. He along with Jim Brown, Bob Hayes (still the fastest in the league) could play today,

White lightnin' just struck.

I'm guessing he's a 4.42ish guy. Not as fast as Jeff Janis the Packer receiver but fast for a white guy. McCaffrey more elusive.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Iwa

Dude, you haven't learned anything? Ya never pull that this early in a game, come on rookie.

White lightnin' just struck again.

A white RB who returns kicks also? While I know, does anyone else?

White lightnin' just struck again. Are you kidding me?

(holding called it back but I'm going to leave this up, it's just a matter of time)

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dude, you haven't learned anything? Ya never pull that this early in a game, come on rookie.
    aaand 35-0. Not even halftime.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I put $250 on Stanford -6 and was really confident about it. Probably should have been more confident.

You got lucky this time amigo.

I put $250 on Stanford -6 and was really confident about it. Probably should have been more confident.
    I bet 500 SU with a Big10 fan. I didn't see this however.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I bet 500 SU with a Big10 fan. I didn't see this however.
    Yeah I don't think anyone saw this but I knew Mccaffrey's speed was going to give an unathletic B10 team fits. This game also screamed disappointment for Iowa since they had been in the top 4 the entire year until their last game.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Bama opens up as a 7 point favorite against Clemson.

My Team
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Post Count
    The Big Cuck Conference

Yeah I don't think anyone saw this but I knew Mccaffrey's speed was going to give an unathletic B10 team fits. This game also screamed disappointment for Iowa since they had been in the top 4 the entire year until their last game.
    A few days ago I got my Jan issue of Track & Field News mag, it's the one that breaks down the new recruits. As usual we don't see any notable sprinters heading to the Big10. They never have sprinters, the conference has never had a sub10.00 sprinter ever, TCU has had seven of them alone. The SEC is full of them. The Big10 doesn't recruit speed and it does show up on the football field.

Thread Information