Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean you could self study anything including medicine. but i wouldnt trust somebody who told me that they read a lot of medical journals online vs somebody who attended an accredited medical school and has received some form of certification for doing so.
    Sure. And medicine was one that specifically came to mind when I mentioned the hands on necessity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, a 4 year degree plan is basically a waste the first two years because of all the unnecessary "required" crap you have to take before getting into the meat of your degree plan.
    I kind of agree but I do think it is important to stretch one's mind. Although now, you can learn almost any of those first two years on the internet. Seems like there should just be some kind of proficiency test. But in the end, it's all about the dollars.
    But going to a private 4 year college (unless it's pre-med or pre-law or something), those first two years are a waste. I guess there's something to be said for the college experience and meeting new people, making new friends, going to sports, etc. But is it really worth $40,000+?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who paid off this guy's debts?

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Biden voter here. My question is is this a 1 point in time band aid? Or Im missing something?

I mean are the people who paid their loans off yesterday and people who will get a new student loan tomorrow outof luck????
    As a parent of two middle schoolers I can confirm college is still looking expensive AF. Even if this is a permanent change a subsidy doesn't ever lower costs long term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so long as the money got spent on keeping businesses open and payrolls paid, fine. given how badly off economically we were in 2020, neither the graft nor the size of it bother me as much as it would otherwise -- it might even have been beneficial in the aggregate.

wonder how many J6 rioters paid for the trip with PPP funds?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1279664
    That number has to be way higher than 10%. The people that I know of taking the money (that didn't need it) didn't spend it on luxuries. They just took the free money. I doubt there's any real way to do ent who needed the money and who didn't. My point is that some businesses that needed the money probably didn't get it because of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yay! Yippee! Lord lord!

wgaf?

will this make your life complete?
    If it's even a fraction of that for a wall you yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10K student loan forgiveness meant something 30 years ago. Today it might not cover books. Seems like a political move for midterms. Even 20K isn't much. I don't see anyone ing about solar subsidies. Same basic premise. I know people who are getting 30K or more back because of the solar thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did any of you aunti loan forgiveness assholes and whine and complain about the 2017 Trump tax cut scam which cost America trillions and revenue?

Or the Repug 2001 scam tax cut rammed through witg reconciliation?

$800B every ing year for the ing corrupt loser military and wealthy MIC investors?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10K student loan forgiveness meant something 30 years ago. Today it might not cover books. Seems like a political move for midterms. Even 20K isn't much. I don't see anyone ing about solar subsidies. Same basic premise. I know people who are getting 30K or more back because of the solar thing.
    the 10k/20k is the headliner... but the bigger deal is the lack of interest accrual on income based repayment plans and the doubling of the threshold for what is considered non-discretionary income

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's even a fraction of that for a wall you yourself.

a wall is another white supremacist propaganda tactic to divide people and promote their hate agenda

yes i am on the opposite side of nazis like you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yay! Yippee! Lord lord!

wgaf?

will this make your life complete?
    a wall is another white supremacist propaganda tactic to divide people and promote their hate agenda

yes i am on the opposite side of nazis like you
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...zona-rcna40567

You voted for a white supremist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 10k/20k is the headliner... but the bigger deal is the lack of interest accrual on income based repayment plans and the doubling of the threshold for what is considered non-discretionary income
    It doesn't bother me. These student loan agencies are suckers. THEM ALL I HOPE THE ALL DIE!!!!! IDGAF... really I have no love for them in case you cannot tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, a 4 year degree plan is basically a waste the first two years because of all the unnecessary "required" crap you have to take before getting into the meat of your degree plan.
    I'll also add that now (as opposed to back in the day), there are a lot of high school programs where kids are graduating with almost two years of college credits. I'm not sure if that's nationwide but it's pretty common here. A lot of off campus stuff with junior colleges. And the AP classes. I'm not sure if all that transfers to the more selective universities.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Them alert disaster in November and maybe even take the Senate

I expect there will be another round of loan forgiveness in 2024

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean are the people who paid their loans off yesterday and people who will get a new student loan tomorrow outof luck????
    If you paid off your student loans yesterday, then you went to school a longer time ago and probably saved way more than $10,000 during the period of your loan than most of the people who haven't paid them off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden voter here. My question is is this a 1 point in time band aid? Or Im missing something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did any of you aunti loan forgiveness assholes and whine and complain about the 2017 Trump tax cut scam which cost America trillions and revenue?

Or the Repug 2001 scam tax cut rammed through witg reconciliation?

$800B every ing year for the ing corrupt loser military and wealthy MIC investors?
    Them alert disaster in November and maybe even take the Senate

I expect there will be another round of loan forgiveness in 2024

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    You forgot the many more people farther down the tracks that are getting murdered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot the many more people farther down the tracks that are getting murdered.
    do you propose that we preemptively forgive debts that dont exist?

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    That number has to be way higher than 10%. The people that I know of taking the money (that didn't need it) didn't spend it on luxuries. They just took the free money. I doubt there's any real way to do ent who needed the money and who didn't. My point is that some businesses that needed the money probably didn't get it because of this.
    No successful business NEEDS a ppp loan. Sorry I took one and bought some equipment that I could have done without. I did however not bat an eye when my employee had multiple weeks where he had to stay home because of fruitcake COVID policies at school. His payroll was protected and the money was the least of my concern.

Your mind is going to be blown when you realize the amount of people who don't really need a deduction on their taxes for dependents.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    do you propose that we preemptively forgive debts that dont exist?
    the kids. Amirite? Pro forgiveness people always talk about helping others that have it worse but are addressing symptoms instead of the cause.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the kids. Amirite? Pro forgiveness people always talk about helping others that have it worse but are addressing symptoms instead of the cause.
    i mean i supported candidates in the primaries who ran on making college tuition free

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No successful business NEEDS a ppp loan. Sorry I took one and bought some equipment that I could have done without. I did however not bat an eye when my employee had multiple weeks where he had to stay home because of fruitcake COVID policies at school. His payroll was protected and the money was the least of my concern.

Your mind is going to be blown when you realize the amount of people who don't really need a deduction on their taxes for dependents.
    It's all relative I guess but that wasn't the intent of the ppp. I'm not going to judge you. Maybe that equipment makes your business more efficient and more healthy in the long run. That's different that just looking at it as free money to put in the bank. The guy I know that had me fill out his forms was (and is) netting around $10,000,000 per year. I think he got a ppp of around $60,000. It totally meant nothing to the success of his business but that would have made a huge difference to a small business than needed it and might have been the difference between them staying in business or closing down. That's the most extreme example I am personally aware of. But also know of several self employed people that didn't need it but took it anyway just because it was free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole system is antiquated. Sure it's beneficial at times to be in a class in front of a good professor. And some degrees require the labwork and physical interaction. But everything in the world is on the internet. For many degrees, you can learn the same stuff for free. You just can't get the piece of paper.
    Preaching to the choir with that response tbh. But tell that to all the dip s who dug a hole for themselves, who are arrogant af thinking they're intellectuals, but they can't accept they got into debt by their own volition and should pay for it on their own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Homer is a re . He not only voted for a racist but the last Dixiecrat there is and those aren't my words either but Biden's & HRC's mentor Robert KKK face Byrd.

I can't wait until SH goes the way of Mouse and the rest of them that are long gone. I'd take Mouse back in a heartbeat if we could get rid of dumb SH.

Thread Information