My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaVar is GONE! Te Gustaaaaaaaaa!!
    No mames guey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's tough to evaluate the potential of this team since the West is so wide open where a 50-55 win team will probably be enough to reach the Finals, so I can't say that this move doesn't make the Lakers into a contender. They are obviously are just by having Lebron and Davis, but so are all the other top 4 West teams aside from a depleted Golden State. However, if Golden State were still 100 percent plus Durant, the Lakers as-is wouldn't have a chance. Nor do I think this Lakers as-is team has a chance against a potential Raptors (provided Kawhi stays), Bucks, or Sixers team.

This isn't a big man league anymore. With how statistically dominant Davis was per raw stats, he "only" ranked 7th in RPM. If Lebron is still in retirement mode going into next season, I don't think the Lakers have a better chance than Denver, Houston, Portland of reaching the Finals. West playoffs will be a crapshoot. You need efficient volume 3 point shooting to win les. Davis doesn't help with that.

Lakers need to add at least two efficient volume 3 ball shooters. Kemba is probably their target now. Then you add some VanVleet like microwave player, and their only compe ion in the league will be the Kiwi Raptors or a Bucks team that has reach the next level.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But spurfans and other resident Laker haters led me to believe the Lakers couldn't attract free agents

2 top 15 players in back to back seasons. Eat a bag of baby s, gots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But spurfans and other resident Laker haters led me to believe the Lakers couldn't attract free agents

2 top 15 players in back to back seasons. Eat a bag of baby s, gots
    This wasn't a free agent signing. He was traded for. .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This wasn't a free agent signing. He was traded for. .
    He still wanted to be a Laker, other teams would simply be renting for a season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what they said about Kiwi. He's probably staying now after the le win. It's a bad look to bolt.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of doubt LeBron would have been on board with hoarding capspace another year, especially with the West there for the taking with Golden State decimated.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    No ing way Danny Green is playing for a minimum contract. Not when he can get one more payday.
    Danny is about to turn 32 and despite game 3 and an elite regular season shooting, he just finished the post season averaging 7 points on 33% three point shooting. What kind of “payday” are you expecting him to get? If I were the Raps, I’d let him walk without even offering him anything. What team is giving him a significant contract offer? I don’t think he’s worth even the MLE.

Oh wait. I know. Maybe Pop will give him a Patty Mills deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what they said about Kiwi. He's probably staying now after the le win. It's a bad look to bolt.
    dont forget paul george

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh wait. I know. Maybe Pop will give him a Patty Mills deal.
    Someone will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont forget paul george
    Yep. Another destined to be a Laker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exiling Big Baller Brand = huge win

Having to include 3 1sts = huge mortgage of the future

Wonder what it’s going to be like when AD gets his first 20 game injury

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The trade kicker just means he won't demand $4 million on top of the salary he is due. I ran the numbers and it's about $28 million after cap holds for empty roster spots, but you can clear another nearly $2 million by salary dumping a couple of scrubs. Probably wouldn't be enough of a difference to hold up signing a 30% max free agent like Leonard, Walker, or Butler though. You should build a ing statue outside of Staples of Pelinka for this deal. They got Davis, gave up not much of value other than the #4 pick in a two player draft, and kept a nearly max slot open too. Easily the best trade the Lakers have made since getting Abdul-Jabbar from Milwaukee.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If he's not gonna sign with the Lakers, I'd rather he stay deported. Keeps him out of Clipperland and Boston won't sniff the Finals. Win win tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Gotdayum

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    This is the picks the Pelicans get:

No. 4 pick in 2019,
    Top-8 protected in 2021, becomes unprotected in ‘22
    Unprotected swap in ‘23
    Unprotected first in ‘24
    Unprotected swap in ‘25

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Gotdayum
    Yawn. Still cheaper than 53 year old CP0 contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gotdayum
    This is the picks the Pelicans get:

No. 4 pick in 2019Top-8 protected in 2021, becomes unprotected in ‘22Unprotected swap in ‘23Unprotected first in ‘24Unprotected swap in ‘25
    Wait, so how many picks in total do they get?

And do the pick swaps really matter when more than likely NO's own pick will be higher than LA's every single year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First round exit ceiling.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

And do the pick swaps really matter when more than likely NO's own pick will be higher than LA's every single year?
    An old LeBron and Injury prone AD with NO in control of their picks for years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah those pick swaps don't seem all that useful unless NO thinks Davis crashes and burns there. So a good pick in 2019, a likely crap pick in 2021, a ??? pick in 2024, and two pick swaps they probably won't end up using. The Lakers got Davis cheap.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yawn. Still cheaper than 53 year old CP0 contract
    No assets left to trade.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yeah those pick swaps don't seem all that useful unless NO thinks Davis crashes and burns there. So a good pick in 2019, a likely crap pick in 2021, and ??? pick in 2024, and two pick swaps they probably won't end up using. The Lakers got Davis cheap.
    Davis has to stay healthy. Which is a stretch. And LeBron will damn near be 40

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still cheaper than 53 year old CP0 contract

Thread Information