Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no policy being put forth to ruin BLM.

My quote was from the article and on topic and doesn't represent the entirety of my position. I never implied that we rule solely based on polls.
    To what extent should they be? I’d rather ask medical professionals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t say that.

Most men tend to be male, most women tend to be female. The physical advantages of the male sex tends to manifest men
    Now you tie male to man. So you support cisgender policies?

When the man decides hes a woman do those advantages no longer matter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet you seem to want to take the micro percentage of anomalies as the norm and say man and woman do not represent male and female.
    im saying the micro percentage exists.

Ive read some interesting opinions on how you can actually accommodate, such as:

trans women must compete with men until they have undergone at least 12 consecutive months of hormone therapy, at which point they must compete with women

trans men have the option of competing with either until they have undergone at least 12 consecutive months... at which point they can only compete with men.

I don’t mind having similar standards on a sport by sport basis. We are just just talking about schools here.

Do you think doctors say congrats its a male?
    They don’t. It’s technically incorrect but i don’t think it’s harmful enough to worry about, and given our understanding of the numbers it’s pretty damn reasonable to assume the kid is cis gendered until further notice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To what extent should they be? I’d rather ask medical professionals
    Its not a medical issue. Its an ethics issue. Would you let a boy who claims to be a girl sleep with your daughter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now you tie male to man. So you support cisgender policies?

When the man decides hes a woman do those advantages no longer matter?
    People don’t just up and decide. I also recognize that the biology doesn’t disappear. see my post above

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not a medical issue. Its an ethics issue. Would you let a boy who claims to be a girl sleep with your daughter?
    Do parents typically consent to their kids sex choices?

the degree to which somebody is psychologically harmed is a medical question. The degree to which hormone therapy can offset previous differences is inherently medical

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ive read some interesting opinions on how you can actually accommodate, such as:

trans women must compete with men until they have undergone at least 12 consecutive months of hormone therapy, at which point they must compete with women

trans men have the option of competing with either until they have undergone at least 12 consecutive months... at which point they can only compete with men.

I don’t mind having similar standards on a sport by sport basis. We are just just talking about schools here.

They don’t. It’s technically incorrect but i don’t think it’s harmful enough to worry about, and given our understanding of the numbers it’s pretty damn reasonable to assume the kid is cis gendered until further notice
    Whats reasonable changes when you get skin in the game. Assuming cisgender as normal is the new racism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do parents typically consent to their kids sex choices?

the degree to which somebody is psychologically harmed is a medical question. The degree to which hormone therapy can offset previous differences is inherently medical
    I didnt mention sex. Daughter is 12. Boy/girl is 13.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fearmongering scenario of dude suddenely deciding I’m a girl is absurd.

Certainly a school would be able to inquire about the child’s history. Have they seen psychologists? Have they been presenting themselves as being of the particular gender for any significant period of time? Are the undergoing hormone therapy or on puberty blockers, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didnt mention sex. Daughter is 12. Boy/girl is 13.
    You said sleep with, which is often a euphemism for sex.

If you are referring to a sleepover situation for kids, see my previous post

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I self identify as African American and I support President Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I self identify as African American and I support President Trump
    Don’t think there’s any significant psychologic or medical backing for a condition of trans-racial identification but sure, go along with your strawman

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Don’t think there’s any significant psychologic or medical backing for a condition of trans-racial identification but sure, go along with your strawman
    What if I told you I'm a trans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if I told you I'm a trans
    Id say the same exact thing as my previous post but also call you a probable racist

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are women being thrown under the bus
    Are you really being serious? Even top women tennis players can be beaten by some high school/college male players. I suspect your tune might change if ever a daughter of yours competes/tries her very best and gets nowhere against males - especially where scholarship/prize money is concerned.
    Last edited by rmt; 08-13-2020 at 06:46 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    63% of Americans support BLM
    Source: Madeupmonkey .com

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    plus, if you want to be a trans MTF and play basketball, your American salary in the WNBA is less than a corporate level programmer. Need to move to the USSR to make the big bucks.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you identify as trans racial (on a census or otherwise) if your wife/kids are a different race than you? Even if you don't take those melanin shots, lol.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lite's sperm shielding in this thread off the charts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how people always tout youth sports as important because they build character and solid values, but the moment character and values are needed in youth sports, the adults are the ones acting the most childish.
    total bull , same myth around military service.

Neither is guaranteed, or even probable, to "build (male) character" which usually means MachoMan "toxic masculinity" devoid of morals, ethics, fair play, respect for others.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This kind of stuff is where Dems need to drop it (assuming the OP is actually true). Most Kids grow up without going to an all girls or all boys school, I don’t see why trannies having to do the same is such a big deal.

As for sports, sorry but it’s not fair to girls if they have to compete against a 6’3” 250 lbs. behemoth even if the person is legit trans. There are plenty of people with disabilities who can’t participate in sports at all, it’s not some grave injustice if trans people (a tiny portion of the population) are in the same boat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "University of Montana runner June Eastwood, a biologically male athlete who identifies as a transgender woman, was named the Big Sky Conference’s female athlete of the week in October 2019."

any relation?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So, are they gonna shrink x (average difference between men and women) inches and weigh x pounds less after 12 consecutive months of this hormone therapy?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "University of Montana runner June Eastwood, a biologically male athlete who identifies as a transgender woman, was named the Big Sky Conference’s female athlete of the week in October 2019."

any relation?
    OMGosh - all my good thoughts of Dirty Harry just became like thoughts of Bruce Jenner winning the decathalon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kind of stuff is where Dems need to drop it (assuming the OP is actually true). Most Kids grow up without going to an all girls or all boys school, I don’t see why trannies having to do the same is such a big deal.

As for sports, sorry but it’s not fair to girls if they have to compete against a 6’3” 250 lbs. behemoth even if the person is legit trans. There are plenty of people with disabilities who can’t participate in sports at all, it’s not some grave injustice if trans people (a tiny portion of the population) are in the same boat.
    How many 6’3 250 pound trans college athletes are there?

This isn’t remotely the most important issue to me (I’ve already told you what i think priority issues for the election should be, and the two biggest issues for me personally besides those are climate change and healthcare)... but the fearmongering over Lebron just up and deciding he’s a girl so he can dominate girls basketball in junior high is made up

Thread Information