Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice numbers, still a loser when it counts.
    Against the 2nd seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, in fact I believe they can be the 6th seed barring injuries. With the development of vassell and Walker and white handling the ball more I’m super excited to see what the young guys got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is not what ST was saying. They thought Spurs would be better without DDR.
    Super convenient of you to post like this now and not before COVID started taking away Spurs players. Where were you a couple weeks ago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super convenient of you to post like this now and not before COVID started taking away Spurs players. Where were you a couple weeks ago?
    When the spurs were tied in the 10th seed? I was still here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would be winning the same amount of games if Demar was still here .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game-winning 3 on back to back games

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Don't believe the hype. Same caliber player as he was here, just reverted to more scorer than play maker since they actually have other established players who can create off the dribble and space the floor for him.

Funny how he vacillated between ignored and punch line when he was here, but he was beloved before and is again after.
    It's the Popovich effect. Any player that does well with the Spurs will not be given credit and the credit will go to Pop. I still remember watching the Warriors game and hearing their announcers praise Pop for the win but not give Dejounte Murray any credit for his great play. You don't see announcers say that about other teams when they win considering the praise always goes to the players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the spurs were tied in the 10th seed? I was still here.
    Nah, you were quiet as when DJ and White were starting to lead the team. Now you’re all vocal when COVID wiped out the momentum of the team and after DeMar hit a couple clutch shots in meaningless games. Go root for your boy DeMar til the end, it will surely be worth it. what a pointless pursuit to root for a guy who is no longer a Spur and continue to post on a Spurs board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was a three pointer to boot. You couldn't beg him to shoot a three in SA.

That’s what has me scratching my head. I used to yell at the TV for that fool to please take the open 3 instead of dribbling inside the line into a defender and a harder shot. Now this clown is shooting 3’s like he’s done it his entire career now that he’s in Chicago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, you were quiet as when DJ and White were starting to lead the team. Now you’re all vocal when COVID wiped out the momentum of the team and after DeMar hit a couple clutch shots in meaningless games. Go root for your boy DeMar til the end, it will surely be worth it. what a pointless pursuit to root for a guy who is no longer a Spur and continue to post on a Spurs board.
    I'm not rooting for any other team, never have. I'm calling out the re ed thought process on ST comments about DDR.

And I'm still not on the white/Murray train. Their 7w 5l record in December together, the one your referring too. They shooting 33% from 3. And overall on the season 32% from 3. I said very clearly that backcourt won't work. It must be split up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always said he was an amazing offensive talent but it was better for both sides to move one. This organization seems stuck in neutral with Pop and whomever is in the FO making decisions. If you can't put a talented and balanced team together, the team won't be having too much success. Demar deserves some blame as the star, but the situation in SA has been going downhill since TD retired (Poor FO decisions, bad luck, and poor coaching).

With all that being said, Demar was on the top of the east with TOR for a couple years and flamed out in the POs. I'd still favor the Nets and Bucks over them but we'll see in the POs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad for Derozz he was a true professional when he was in SA no crying no demanding trades etc. I wish him and his family the best of 2022 and hope he gets a ring with Chicago

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always said he was an amazing offensive talent but it was better for both sides to move one. This organization seems stuck in neutral with Pop and whomever is in the FO making decisions. If you can't put a talented and balanced team together, the team won't be having too much success. Demar deserves some blame as the star, but the situation in SA has been going downhill since TD retired (Poor FO decisions, bad luck, and poor coaching).

With all that being said, Demar was on the top of the east with TOR for a couple years and flamed out in the POs. I'd still favor the Nets and Bucks over them but we'll see in the POs.
    Spur's roster construction around Demar was terrible. Demar is a very good basketball player but he's not a Durant, Prime Lebron type of player where he can win 50 or more games with even a crappy roster. He needs help and if you put together a decent roster then you can win a lot of games with him like what happened in Toronto. The Spurs roster had a bunch of defensive holes on the perimeter that couldn't cover up for his bad D. He also had no offensive help on the perimeter that he was forced to be a playmaker just to create offense. Once Lamarcus fell off the roster went from average to mediocre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn man, DeMar is going off!!!

Spurs just didn't have the right team around him. He needs to be surrounded by perimeter defenders and 3-point shooters, including a stretch big. Chicago is the perfect fit for his skillset. I'm happy seeing him succeed there. Those clutch buckets are something else tho, I haven't seen him shoot clutch 3s like that ever before

I make love to pressure. CapitalEmm's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is fools gold. Wait until playoffs when he causes the offense to stagnate due to lack of ball movement and then chokes in iso.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm as anti DeRozan as it gets but back to back game winners. Down 2. With a 3pt. I've never seen that in 30 years watching pro ball

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is a fine player, the issue is just (and has been) Pop thinks he has to play a guard-heavy (DDR ends up at the 4) lineup in order to have some shooting but this just ends up untenable due to lack of defense. If the team swapped out old Rudy Gay for 3 young Rudy Gays then they're a top 4 seed. To to this day, the team continues to lack at the 3, 3/4, and 4 positions. Bringing back Forbes and Eubanks over Aminu and Samanic, however scrubby they are, was always a mistake and DDR as others said would struggle just to get this team to the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't hate Demar, but I never loved him when he was here as I just couldn't get over how he played in the big games (even before he came to the Spurs, I saw that he didn't rise to the occasion in the playoffs in some must win games. The play-in games for the Spurs solidified my stance on him as a playoff performer). I am too used to guys like Tim and Manu and even TP who step it up in the biggest games and have some of their best games in the playoffs. I don't care that Demar averaged more than Manu points per game wise. I care more that Manu was awesome in the higher pressure games and usually came through more often than not in those games. I didn't care that Horry was average in the regular season, as you could count on him in the playoffs, or high pressure games (I really did like him on all teams he was on, so that is why I was upset about his TD comments). Manu and even Horry to a lesser extent (as he wasn't as good as Manu on offense), they both competed in the biggest games even if they were having a bad game. Can't say the same for Demar. I wish him well I suppose, as he is a great guy. I hope he can do something for once in the playoffs and prove me wrong this time and lead a team to at least the ECF or Finals. I'd be happy for him if he did. He's on a team in position to do something this season in the playoffs. If they don't, and he and the team are relatively healthy in the playoffs, a lot of it will fall on him (both the good or bad).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm as anti DeRozan as it gets but back to back game winners. Down 2. With a 3pt. I've never seen that in 30 years watching pro ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm happy for DeMar, and even for Chicago fans.. but still glad the Spurs moved on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs current team wouldn't have brought out his strengths like the Bulls roster has. Vucevic and Lavine are currently better than any player on this current Spurs roster. With Demar this current team probably has a good chance at the 8th seed and nothing else. This break up was good for both parties since they couldn't succeed together.
    Heck Caruso would be Spurs 2nd best player right now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heck Caruso would be Spurs 2nd best player right now
    I wouldn't go that far but he would definitely be getting minutes over Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't go that far but he would definitely be getting minutes over Forbes.
    I’m sorry but Caruso has more dog than any of Spurs player except for DJM.
    White has better skills but so complacent imo
    Keldon is one-dimensional
    Vassell is still too young and lacks the killer insticts, so far
    Poeltl is overrated especially against capable bigs, then he folds
    So who else is better?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 3PT attempts per game at 37%.

Bunch of haters, LOL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Genuinely happy for DDR.

All of these can be true at the same time:
    1. He’s a very good player
    2. He’s not a first option on a championship team
    3. The Spurs are worse without him
    4. Him leaving was a good long term decision for all parties

It’s OK to praise him when he’s playing so well and not be bitter about it and cite his playoff shortcomings. He’s a good dude too.

Thread Information