Page 76 of 164 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 4088
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CHA seems to be the best chance. Jakob + pick 23 for pick 13
    I don't know about the specifics, but it's undeniable there are a lot of mutually interesting options that would point to a deal with Charlotte.
    Charlotte badly needs a C, defense, and veteran leadership. Has PJ Washington, Kai Jones, 13 + 15 picks
    SA badly needs frontcourt athleticism, potential and depth. Has Poeltl, Josh Richardson, Toronto (20/21), Boston (23/24/25) & LA (38) picks.
    I'm not suggesting to deal everything for everything, there could be multiple scenarios that would be beneficial for both without compromising too much. What I am saying is that there is too much common ground for a trade not to explore it further.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about the specifics, but it's undeniable there are a lot of mutually interesting options that would point to a deal with Charlotte.
    Charlotte badly needs a C, defense, and veteran leadership. Has PJ Washington, Kai Jones, 13 + 15 picks
    SA badly needs frontcourt athleticism, potential and depth. Has Poeltl, Josh Richardson, Toronto (20/21), Boston (23/24/25) & LA (38) picks.
    I'm not suggesting to deal everything for everything, there could be multiple scenarios that would be beneficial for both without compromising too much. What I am saying is that there is too much common ground for a trade not to explore it further.
    If they don’t recognize that their bad deadline choice caused their fall to road play in team, and ultimate elimination, that’s on them. There are other suitors, Toronto for one, and probably GS, too.

Jak for #15, PJ, Kai. That’s the deal, the one they rejected at the deadline, and we hold the cards. They can have #38 if their pick becomes #13.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

R. DeMurre couldn’t find your original post on Jake but you were the first post to have mentioned him. Kudos!

I'll look for the original article that scouted him thoroughly, but I know one thing they emphasized were stocks (steals + blocks), which I think is something that tends to be a strong indicator of success. I was on Stat Muse the other day looking at the NBA leaders in stocks, and something like 22 of the top 25 guys all had positive seasonal +/- numbers... that's a much better ratio than, say, the top 25 rebounders or even the top 25 scorers.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=2...cks+stocks+nba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a lighter note, LaRavia kinda looks like he could be on that horrible Jersey Shore show, so it took a lot to overlook that and start rooting for him!

One thing to note though: I think tankathon has his age wrong. I wrote to the tankathon guy to let him know. Jake isn't younger than Tari Eason, like that one tweet claims.

EDIT: apparently Tankathon was right, and the other sites were wrong. LaRavia is only 20 even though he's a Junior. Wow, I like him even more now.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 04-18-2022 at 09:09 PM.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll look for the original article that scouted him thoroughly, but I know one thing they emphasized were stocks (steals + blocks), which I think is something that tends to be a strong indicator of success. I was on Stat Muse the other day looking at the NBA leaders in stocks, and something like 22 of the top 25 guys all had positive seasonal +/- numbers... that's a much better ratio than, say, the top 25 rebounders or even the top 25 scorers.

I like the idea. If I had a Basketball Reference premium membership I could probably look up something I would find more instructive: some on/off stat (or something like WS/48) for the leaders in BLK% + STL% with some minimum MPG threshold. That would adjust the numbers by pace while not allowing low-MPG outliers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they don’t recognize that their bad deadline choice caused their fall to road play in team, and ultimate elimination, that’s on them. There are other suitors, Toronto for one, and probably GS, too.

Jak for #15, PJ, Kai. That’s the deal, the one they rejected at the deadline, and we hold the cards. They can have #38 if their pick becomes #13.
    I'd be willing to throw in the Boston pick if that would do it. Jak + Boston's pìck for #13, PJ, Kai... that would sound fair to me. Or something along those lines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s interesting. I’ve also seen a scout or two that likes to look at assist/TO ratio as an indicator of basketball IQ I when scouting for offensive potential and star potential. His philosophy is interesting, there’s guys who develop late that you could miss but OTOH you will be able to identify precocious BBIQ early.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be willing to throw in the Boston pick if that would do it. Jak + Boston's pìck for #13, PJ, Kai... that would sound fair to me. Or something along those lines.
    I'd love that. Getting a pick at around 9 (hopefully better) and #13. Then you could take a swing at two players with offensive potential. Or even Duren or Mark Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F that. That #15 pick is house money. They didn’t have it, but because the Pels made the playoffs, they now had it drop into their laps. That is the price for Jak, with Kai and PJ as salary and secondary assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F that. That #15 pick is house money. They didn’t have it, but because the Pels made the playoffs, they now had it drop into their laps. That is the price for Jak, with Kai and PJ as salary and secondary assets.
    Hey, if they go for it, all the better. I would not be complaining.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the Spurs can make a deal with Charlotte with the 20th pick and jump to 13 or 15.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the Spurs can make a deal with Charlotte with the 20th pick and jump to 13 or 15.
    Possibly... one scenario is the one I posted above. The other is they're set on picking a center, and they may be willing to deal the other pick. In any case, the Charlotte FO phone would be at the top of my priorities.
    Also, Chicago was interested in Poeltl and I believe they are owed a future 1st by Portland... if so, a collapse in this years' playoffs may push them to deal 2 first rounders for Poeltl (or maybe a future first + going up from 25 to 18)
    Last edited by Ariel; 04-18-2022 at 04:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Sharpe is going to stay in school….bummer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been on this for a while. In addition to Richardson, Langford and Plumlee (partial guarantee) are other names that could be involved, though they'd obviously be for salary matching purposes.

If it's Richardson, then no Celtics pick. With the Hornets now having 15 in addition to 13, they might be more amendable to moving a 1st without getting one back.

Obviously, this would be step 1 of 2 for the Spurs. They'd be well positioned to trade up as high as 5 for whoever.

Possibly... one scenario is the one I posted above. The other is they're set on picking a center, and they may be willing to deal the other pick. In any case, the Charlotte FO phone would be at the top of my priorities.
    Also, Chicago was interested in Poeltl and I believe they are owed a future 1st by Portland... if so, a collapse in this years' playoffs may push them to deal 2 first rounders for Poeltl (or maybe a future first + going up from 25 to 18)
    Trail Blazers '22 1st is lottery protected and therefore won't convey this season. I don't think they can move 18 because their '23 1st is owed to the Magic, so the Trail Blazers 1st and White appear the only expendable assets.

Not really a White fan, but he's basically a less athletic, closer to actualized version of what people want Walker IV to be or think he is.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs can move the 20th pick for 13 or 15 that would give them a higher tier player. Looks to be a drop off in talent/potential from 13 or 15 to 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s interesting. I’ve also seen a scout or two that likes to look at assist/TO ratio as an indicator of basketball IQ I when scouting for offensive potential and star potential. His philosophy is interesting, there’s guys who develop late that you could miss but OTOH you will be able to identify precocious BBIQ early.

Yeah, and it's the same with rim protectors. Blocks per game or per 36 minutes will give you an idea of a certain ability, but block to foul ratio is a much better indicator of defensive IQ. Duncan was always among the leaders in block/foul ratio, even late in his career.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and it's the same with rim protectors. Blocks per game or per 36 minutes will give you an idea of a certain ability, but block to foul ratio is a much better indicator of defensive IQ. Duncan was always among the leaders in block/foul ratio, even late in his career.

Daaang, that's a higher order of thinking than I usually read here. And you're right. Guys who get blocks at the expense of playing out of control aren't a net positive over the course of a season.

I actually defended Poeltl - a lot of that was because he got a lot of blocks, and a decent amount of rebounds, compared to the number of fouls he commits. But I missed how few defensive boards he gets, compared to his total. I don't totally hate him now, but I'm pretty lukewarm. You can't look at stats in a vacuum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daaang, that's a higher order of thinking than I usually read here. And you're right. Guys who get blocks at the expense of playing out of control aren't a net positive over the course of a season.

I actually defended Poeltl - a lot of that was because he got a lot of blocks, and a decent amount of rebounds, compared to the number of fouls he commits. But I missed how few defensive boards he gets, compared to his total. I don't totally hate him now, but I'm pretty lukewarm. You can't look at stats in a vacuum.
    Absolutely tradeable. And, with his contract and rawer numbers, should draw something decent if the Spurs are on the smart hunt for a good trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all think 9+20 could move the spurs up to say pick 6 or 7? If someone like Keegan Murray fell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all think 9+20 could move the spurs up to say pick 6 or 7? If someone like Keegan Murray fell.
    No chance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? That’s silly of him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is playing it smart he is going to go through out all the evaluations and get feedback from NBA teams so he will know if he is going to go in top 12 then he will probably jump into the NBA - If he doesn't like what he hears then he will stay in but I would jump in as your just one injury away from being a millionaire to working a 8-5 job making peanuts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, seems like Keegan specifically has a lot of hype around him. I see him solidly at 5.

Thread Information