Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any translations of what he said about his folks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did mention "Patty" but he slips it in really quickly right at the very beginning of that segment.

Sorry I didn't mean to sound insensitive about Karl...cancer took both my parents. Just hard seeing him in that state when he was so lively on the sidelines as a coach.
    Yeah it's a miracle he was able to get up there and speak. Cancer got my Mom and is an insidious horror.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu’s speech was great… can tell retirement is doing him well.

Is it just me or does his one kid look like a mini RC?
    Yeah the speech and ceremony was wonderful. Looks like RC? Haha....I dunno.

This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what he said, but it made me tear up, lol. You could really feel the emotions when he talked about his papa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the best I could find:

Although the most emotional moment was when Asked for “a minute” to speak in Spanish and decided to address his family in his native language. ,Seppo and Lee, my brothers, thank you for clearing the way for me, thank you for the inspiration, They pushed me when I was little because I wanted to be like you”, he began before showing a lump in his throat and tears in his eyes.

“Dad, I wish you were here, that you could understand what was happening today. My first faithful and biggest follower, I miss you so much old man, I miss you…”They told yuyo, his father who is going through a delicate health problem. ,Mom: I know you’re looking over there, It took me three sons to understand the sacrifices you made for us for so long. Effort, dedication, love in acts, freedom to choose, thank you mom”, he added enthusiastically.
    https://nationworldnews.com/manu-gin...-his-children/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget any mathematical model. From 2001 to 2008 he an incredible run.

2001 Euroleage le
    2003 NBA le
    2004 Olympic gold medalist*
    2005 NBA le
    2007 NBA le
    2008 Olympic bronze medal

That Olympic gold should count extra as it was a team that was not a traditional power nor loaded as USA was with hall of famers.
    Through in a le 2014 where at nearing 37 he was the 3rd leading scorer for the team (albeit by a smidgen)
    Uh...you're shorting him an NBA le.
    Edit...sorry...just saw your date parameters.
    Here's a decent list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh...you're shorting him an NBA le.
    Edit...sorry...just saw your date parameters.
    Here's a decent list.

[/LIST]
    You forgot
    First NBA player to swat a bat out of the air during a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot
    First NBA player to swat a bat out of the air during a game
    First to sacrifice a bat and a ball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Each of those goes in under a different team, or at least (will have) played more seasons with another team.

Neph goes in as a Clipper, nor would I accept him as a Spur. DDR as a Raptor. LMA, while I'd love him as a Spur, he spent more time and probably had his best YEARS as a Blazer. He had a great couple of years as a Spur but had 3 or more seasons in Portland.

And to the folks with the laughing emoji on Nono's post, it's quite clear he means after the Big 3 are in...
    True, but if DeRozan so much as receives serious consideration, the entire thing loses all credibility.

Aldridge, if the standards were what they should be, would just miss but given what they are, should just make.

S bag will obviously get in, but has among the thinnest bodies of work and the majority of his accolades are dubious and tainted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And to the folks with the laughing emoji on Nono's post, it's quite clear he means after the Big 3 are in...
    Nah, 'twas just a subtle troll job by him to rankle the likes of ducks and a couple others prolly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that brings tears to my eyes. That right there is beautiful. Manu is just all heart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu’s speech was great… can tell retirement is doing him well.

Is it just me or does his one kid look like a mini RC?
    Muchisimas gracias Dex! Beautiful stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Manu doesn't end up on NBA on TNT it will be a travesty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Manu doesn't end up on NBA on TNT it will be a travesty.
    He has interests outside of basketball. He’s a family man with relatively young kids, and way too smart for that crew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has interests outside of basketball. He’s a family man with relatively young kids, and way too smart for that crew.
    Yup. I don't see it happening until he and the Mrs. have an empty nest.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see Manu joining TNT full time, but as a guest for one or two nights per season maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see Manu joining TNT full time, but as a guest for one or two nights per season maybe.
    Lol he won’t get an invite and probably doesn’t want to be there anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol he won’t get an invite and probably doesn’t want to be there anyways.
    I should have said once or twice in his life, not per season. That was unrealistic.

I can also understand why he might not want to be there, but why would they never invite him ever? I'd think they would want one appearance with Barkley just so he can yell "GINOBILI!" to him on the set in person.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should have said once or twice in his life, not per season. That was unrealistic.

I can also understand why he might not want to be there, but why would they never invite him ever? I'd think they would want one appearance with Barkley just so he can yell "GINOBILI!" to him on the set in person.
    It’s not an open invite for great basketball players and Manu has no experience doing this. Why would they invite him? DWade, Candace Parker and Draymond all have deals with TNT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not an open invite for great basketball players and Manu has no experience doing this. Why would they invite him? DWade, Candace Parker and Draymond all have deals with TNT.
    I thought they had done one-time invites with big name players in the past, but the fact that I can't remember any one-offs means my point is even weaker. KG had his own segment at some point but that wasn't a one-off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People like Manu who have immense likeability, peer respect, compe ive nature, ability to build camaraderie, smartness and verve are generally good coaching material. Except that Manu is extraordinarily compe ive and doesn't like to lose. Which is perhaps why he hasn't chosen to be a full time coach. But if he does, he would be a great one if he gets the right team built for him. One guy who could prosper with Manu at the helm would be Keldon, who seems to be as passionate as Manu was, if not as talented or as natural.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People like Manu who have immense likeability, peer respect, compe ive nature, ability to build camaraderie, smartness and verve are generally good coaching material. Except that Manu is extraordinarily compe ive and doesn't like to lose. Which is perhaps why he hasn't chosen to be a full time coach. But if he does, he would be a great one if he gets the right team built for him. One guy who could prosper with Manu at the helm would be Keldon, who seems to be as passionate as Manu was, if not as talented or as natural.
    I haven't seen anything that indicates that Manu WANTS to go into coaching, nor has he really shown any interest in going into the media.

Yes, he is very personable and probably could succeed at whatever he puts his mind to, but he seems content to just be with his family, travel, and enjoy retirement right now...especially given the health issues with his father.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that crew could change if Ernie retires, and the honest goofiness of Chuck can't be reverse engineered. He had young kids before he turned 40. People said the same about Tim, and he tried to be an assistant coach but found out he had to actually be at the arena.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen anything that indicates that Manu WANTS to go into coaching, nor has he really shown any interest in going into the media.

Yes, he is very personable and probably could succeed at whatever he puts his mind to, but he seems content to just be with his family, travel, and enjoy retirement right now...especially given the health issues with his father.
    Great players are driven, they might go on a hiatus for a year or two but they seem to stay involved in something somewhat challenging.

Thread Information