Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1195
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much does that cost the Dubs if the Wiseman trade doesn't go through?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should of taken sadique bey when offered. too late now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be super awkward if Wiseman was made to return

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GP being injured for 3 months or not even playing this season is still better than Wiseman at 107mil or whatever that nightmare tax was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GP being injured for 3 months or not even playing this season is still better than Wiseman at 107mil or whatever that nightmare tax was.
    Hard agree.

And wtf Portland. Giving dude pain shots and telling him to play thru it. Their med staff has long had an awful reputation. Probably cut Brandon Roy's career short.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard agree.

And wtf Portland. Giving dude pain shots and telling him to play thru it. Their med staff has long had an awful reputation. Probably cut Brandon Roy's career short.
    No, he had some degenerative condition on his knees prior to playing in Portland, in fact that's what caused him to slip on draft day. A shame such a talent went to waste.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...out-his-knees/
    But truth be told, he always knew it would come to this. He just didn’t think it would come so soon.
    His knees have bothered him since high school, when he had the first of his six knee surgeries that eventually left him without the meniscus in either knee, causing bone-on-bone friction when he jumped and cut.
    Swollen knees became as common as blisters, but he was always able to play through it, sometimes heroically, like Game 4 of the 2010 playoffs against Phoenix, when he returned eight days after knee surgery to play and help the Blazers to victory.
    “Even when I felt like my knees were giving me problems, I remember telling my dad that I have to play in every game because I don’t know how many I will get to play,” Roy said. “There were times my knees were swelling up so bad I didn’t know how long they were going to hold up. So I felt I had to go for it, now.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Warrior.
    And knowing his pops... dude is proud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he had some degenerative condition on his knees prior to playing in Portland, in fact that's what caused him to slip on draft day. A shame such a talent went to waste.
    It's widely considered that Portland shortened his career and also did Greg Oden pretty badly, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's widely considered that Portland shortened his career and also did Greg Oden pretty badly, too.
    Oden was pretty much cursed since he stepped foot on an NBA court too. Not saying they received the best care possible, maybe they could have had it a little easier... but they had really, really bad problems to begin with that far exceeded Portland, as I cited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oden was pretty much cursed since he stepped foot on an NBA court too. Not saying they received the best care possible, maybe they could have had it a little easier... but they had really, really bad problems to begin with that far exceeded Portland, as I cited.
    I just literally read some articles about how Portland's medical staff should have handled things much better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ric Bucher
    RicBucher
    11m
    The NBA created a data base, a team exec told me, in which every injury and medical report on every player is kept, accessible by every team, in order to avoid fiascos like this Payton-back-to-GSW deal. Somebody didn’t follow protocol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ric Bucher
    RicBucher
    11m
    The NBA created a data base, a team exec told me, in which every injury and medical report on every player is kept, accessible by every team, in order to avoid fiascos like this Payton-back-to-GSW deal. Somebody didn’t follow protocol.
    If the trade doesn't go thru, owners of ATL and GSW stand to sue POR for voiding the trade -- they stood to save a lot in luxury tax money.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That database sounds surprising…every team can read about every player’s injury history? Never heard of that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That database sounds surprising…every team can read about every player’s injury history? Never heard of that.
    Would certainly be interesting to see it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just literally read some articles about how Portland's medical staff should have handled things much better.
    Links? I'd love to read that , there had to be a reason that team kills so many promising careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland was well known for blowing through medical red flags, and drafting guys anyway. Oden didn’t play at all his rookie season, and played one season’s worth of games, 82 total, over the next two seasons at like 22 minutes per game. That’s not abuse or over use, and speaks much more to pre-existing conditions or a genetic flaw of some kind.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the trade doesn't go thru, owners of ATL and GSW stand to sue POR for voiding the trade -- they stood to save a lot in luxury tax money.
    Doubt it. I think all trade are “subject to passing physicals.” The question is whether there are penalties for not properly reporting to that injury database thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re not saving much at all! Payton only makes $1.3 million less than Wiseman. So savings will be a fraction of that number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Warriors could just waive Wiseman in hopes the Spurs or someone with a TE claims him. They could even call FO's they trust to see if they can make that happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that would be weird, and I don't even know it could technically be possible and correct, not to mention legal issues.
    Last edited by JPB; 02-11-2023 at 04:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ric Bucher
    RicBucher
    11m
    Is that new? I've never heard of that. Sounds like BS from Bucher, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that new? I've never heard of that. Sounds like BS from Bucher, tbh.

It doesn’t sound right, as he stated it. An injury report data base, sure.

But medical reports? A patient waiver (to share info on his medical condition) is required under HIPA, and I’m pretty sure the player’s waiver is only for his own team. I doubt it’s legal for a player’s medical records to be shared with the whole league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wiseman a wasted player due to gsw offensive system...i wonder if he still has improvement in him that can still be develop in the correct system...there are still teams out there still putting out big man frontlines....

if he was still on his rookie contract, wouldve made sense for a trade...

Thread Information