Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    We're going to offer Jabari Parker a one-year contract, aren't we?
    Any pittance the Spurs can offer I'm sure Milwaukee will match considering it won't be much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm Nikola is a Center and Hanga is a SF/SG so if added they would not replace him but I would add both are better then Anderson. The bottom line in basketball if you have to outscore your opponent and as many people have mentioned Anderson was scarred to shot the ball even with second left on shot clock he would pass the ball to a team mate at the last second making them take difficult shots.........He No Bueno......
    We’re talking about guys who never played in the league, they won’t be efficient contributors so quickly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does losing Anderson have to do with that? Losing Leonard is why this team is going back into the lottery.
    We weren't a lottery team without Leonard. That's what I find so funny. People act like let's just get this rebuild over with like it's only going to take a year or two. I'd rather have the somewhat compe ive team we had last year instead of racing to the bottom in hopes of being saved by another DRob/TD type lottery pick. The odds of that happening are slim and none. And once we're down at the bottom the chance of attracting a game changing FA are even less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any pittance the Spurs can offer I'm sure Milwaukee will match considering it won't be much
    Oh , he's a RFA? Didn't know that. My bad.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    considering they signed Lopez though, it seems the writing is on the wall that they don't intend to match an offer for Parker if he gets a decent one. just dont think he would take the BAE for 1 season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    considering they signed Lopez though, it seems the writing is on the wall that they don't intend to match an offer for Parker if he gets a decent one. just dont think he would take the BAE for 1 season
    Bucks would just match the BAE since it’s cheap right?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We weren't a lottery team without Leonard. That's what I find so funny. People act like let's just get this rebuild over with like it's only going to take a year or two. I'd rather have the somewhat compe ive team we had last year instead of racing to the bottom in hopes of being saved by another DRob/TD type lottery pick. The odds of that happening are slim and none. And once we're down at the bottom the chance of attracting a game changing FA are even less.
    The Spurs were one game out of the lottery. If Aldridge doesn't have another career year or gets hurt for any stretch of more than a few games they're probably a lottery team this upcoming season, especially if Manu retires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were one game out of the lottery. If Aldridge doesn't have another career year or gets hurt for any stretch of more than a few games they're probably a lottery team this upcoming season, especially if Manu retires.
    Yes, the rebuild has begun.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Anderson was blocking the development of a younger player I could understand not wanting him matched. But there's no youth behind him. , I think he's actually a few days younger than Blossomgame.

Pay Mills and Gasol, but let Anderson walk?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Anderson was blocking the development of a younger player I could understand not wanting him matched. But there's no youth behind him. , I think he's actually a few days younger than Blossomgame.

Pay Mills and Gasol, but let Anderson walk?
    Fathead sucks. You dumb .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fathead sucks. You dumb .
    You’re such a smart guy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well atleast we have gasol/mills

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well what if all you want, the Spurs will be worse this year without KA than they would have been with him.

Edit: Seems like most are still having a championship or bust mentality. I'm just saying get used to an awful lot of bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of other injuries caused out decline towards the end. If we had a healthy Rudy and LMA all year we wouldve been the 3rd werd. When those two went down we lost almost 10 straight or something like that around January.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides not liking Anderson, I don't want him locked up for 4 years at that number. If you tread water this year, you're looking at coming into a bunch of cap space next summer. People will argue that cap space doesn't matter b/c FAs don't come to SA... but even if that is correct... cap space = flexibility. I will take the flexibility over Fathead any day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of other injuries caused out decline towards the end. If we had a healthy Rudy and LMA all year we wouldve been the 3rd werd. When those two went down we lost almost 10 straight or something like that around January.
    The schedule evening out was the biggest factor in the decline towards the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The schedule evening out was the biggest factor in the decline towards the end.
    True. That last month and half was brutal but the decline hit the fan when LMA had to miss his 10 or so games at a time Gay was still easing his way back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not happy with this either, he was my favorite player in the team.
    Pile kyle was ur favorite player.. Lol wtf

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he goes to Memphis, it's better for his career..his impact is undeniable, his metrics are elite for a low-usage player, but he's just a weird fit with the way the Spurs are trying to build this team..

It's a great opportunity for him and he will be much more comfortable in a role where he has the ball more often..using him as a spot shooting role player was stupid, but he also didn't help himself by playing scared(which seems to happen to many with the Spurs for whatever reason)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well what if all you want, the Spurs will be worse this year without KA than they would have been with him.

Edit: Seems like most are still having a championship or bust mentality. I'm just saying get used to an awful lot of bust.
    Anderson would be a nice glue guy on a talented team with lots of shooting around him. That ain't the Spurs. Anderson isn't a talented enough player to build around and this is a team in desperate need of being blown up. This Spurs team was built to win now but the franchise deciding to sit out the season and force a trade completely wrecked that plan. Now the roster makes no sense. I don't see the point of trying to barely hold on to a low seed when all the talent is on the down slope of their careers and thus there is nothing to build upon. Unless they're planning to hold onto Kawhi and dare him to walk away from $219 million this team should probably tank to replenish the talent pool, because it's not coming here in free agency. Maybe in ten years if the team moves to Austin they'll pull free agents but right now it's draft or bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pile kyle was ur favorite player.. Lol wtf
    I probably know more about basketball than you do, kid. This player is good cause he can do almost anything on a court. But like many others around here you’re just too focused on trashing him for no reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's a bad move from the Spurs. And Anderson is one of my least favorite Spurs of the last 10 years.

But it's only a mid level deal. For someone as versatile as him, as healthy and dependable, it's a fair deal. He could play 3, 4, maybe some smallball 5 even. And while I've never bought the whole 'Kyle as point guard' narrative, he's a of a lot better equipped to do a lite-Manu role than Marco or Green.

It's only MLE, justified. It's not like the Kings offered him 3/33.

He would be worth his deal much more than Mills on his.

Spurs making a mistake.

Their wing depth and rotation of the future, Anderson and Simmons, lost for nothing
    The TRUTH!!! Both guys were let go on very moderate deals too, for nothing back.

Never been an Anderson fan, but like I said yesterday, I just hope they're doing it for the right reasons (money and/or fit) and not because they want to grant him his wish or maximize cap space. They're not getting anyone of significance to come here and because they want to attempt to remain as compe ive as possible, they're not going to weaponize the space by eating dead money for draft picks.

If they don't either retain Leonard or trade for Covington, they'll be without a big wing defender and with Green most likely gone in at most a year, they won't have a wing defender period.
    ---------
    What you both said is true. That contract is really moderate even in this tight market and will probably be great by the end of it. But the worst aspect is that the Spurs are still in cap and can't add anyone else outside of deals so small that guys who can play in Europe may not even be interested in them. (Milutinov, Bertans saying he will also consider play in in Europe if the offers aren't interesting.)

They have some young guys who are intriguing but most of them are guards anyways.

What the guys celebrating his departure don't understand is that he was let go for nothing back. And that what they are getting instead is perhaps a paper tiger with a team whose previous advantage was size being undersized and playing midget lineups.

Perhaps a trade will be worked out to balance this put.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson would be a nice glue guy on a talented team with lots of shooting around him. That ain't the Spurs. Anderson isn't a talented enough player to build around and this is a team in desperate need of being blown up. This Spurs team was built to win now but the franchise deciding to sit out the season and force a trade completely wrecked that plan. Now the roster makes no sense. I don't see the point of trying to barely hold on to a low seed when all the talent is on the down slope of their careers and thus there is nothing to build upon. Unless they're planning to hold onto Kawhi and dare him to walk away from $219 million this team should probably tank to replenish the talent pool, because it's not coming here in free agency. Maybe in ten years if the team moves to Austin they'll pull free agents but right now it's draft or bust.
    That's kind of my point. We are losing the stars and giving up the glue. We're going to suck for a long time, there's nothing to celebrate here.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I probably know more about basketball than you do, kid. This player is good cause he can do almost anything on a court. But like many others around here you’re just too focused on trashing him for no reason.
    You dont know got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson will have a breakout season his first year in Memphis. Just watch.

Thread Information