Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one time I want DeMar to take one of his patented iso game-enders and he dumps it off to the last guy who should be taking the shot.

Poeltl should not have touched that ball unless he was wide ing open, and he had three defenders around him.
    Blame the genius for not putting a bona fide shooter (Mills or Walker) in for Murray to provide an ounce of spacing. Of course the lane is going to be clogged (by a giant team, no less) when the closest thing you have to spacers are White and Gay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chin up ers, this was a scheduled b2b loss anyways and this team is young and athletic and finally don’t look like a bunch of pussies

Portland will drop some games

we still control our destiny. Denver, Utah, and New Orleans all winnable games tbh. Memphis schedule is hard as . nothings changed from last night, the 8th seed still within reach
    I disagree with the first part. You should only be feeling ok about this if the team would have lost by 10+ but they were in position to win and made some key mistakes to lose the game so it definitely stings. I’m still optimistic but this one may come back to bite the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree with the first part. You should only be feeling ok about this if the team would have lost by 10+ but they were in position to win and made some key mistakes to lose the game so it definitely stings. I’m still optimistic but this one may come back to bite the Spurs.
    Nothing will sting, not even a playoff sweep loss against Load Management. We make the playoffs, great, we kept the streak alive. We don't make the playoffs, great, we get a lottery pick. We're in a win-win situation no matter what.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    grrrr

1:41 DeMar DeRozan makes 2-foot two point shot 127 - 123
    1:41 76ers Full timeout 127 - 123
    1:33 Rudy Gay personal foul 127 - 123
    1:17 Joel Embiid makes 15-foot two point shot 127 - 125
    1:03 DeMar DeRozan makes 13-foot pullup jump shot 129 - 125
    49.3 Tobias Harris makes dunk (Joel Embiid assists) 129 - 127
    32.5 Dejounte Murray misses 13-foot two point shot 129 - 127
    29.9 Shake Milton defensive rebound 129 - 127
    22.2 Jakob Poeltl shooting foul 129 - 127
    22.2 Joel Embiid makes free throw 1 of 2 129 - 128
    22.2 Matisse Thybulle enters the game for Al Horford 129 - 128
    22.2 Joel Embiid misses free throw 2 of 2 129 - 128
    20.0 Jakob Poeltl defensive rebound 129 - 128
    20.0 Spurs Full timeout 129 - 128
    20.0 Patty Mills enters the game for Jakob Poeltl 129 - 128
    10.4 Tobias Harris personal take foul 129 - 128
    10.4 Derrick White misses free throw 1 of 2 129 - 128
    10.4 Spurs offensive team rebound 129 - 128
    10.4 Jakob Poeltl enters the game for Patty Mills 129 - 128
    10.4 Derrick White makes free throw 2 of 2 130 - 128
    10.4 76ers Full timeout 130 - 128
    10.4 Al Horford enters the game for Matisse Thybulle 130 - 128
    7.2 Shake Milton makes 26-foot three point jumper (Al Horford assists) 130 - 131
    6.1 Spurs Full timeout 130 - 131
    6.1 Matisse Thybulle enters the game for Shake Milton 130 - 131
    2.4 Jakob Poeltl misses layup 130 - 131
    1.1 76ers defensive team rebound 130 - 131
    0.4 Jakob Poeltl personal take foul 130 - 131
    0.4 Keldon Johnson enters the game for Jakob Poeltl 130 - 131
    0.4 Joel Embiid makes free throw 1 of 2 130 - 132
    0.4 Joel Embiid misses free throw 2 of 2 130 - 132
    0.0 DeMar DeRozan defensive rebound 130 - 132
    0.0 DeMar DeRozan misses three point jumper 130 - 132
    0.0 Spurs offensive team rebound 130 - 132
    0.0 End of the 4th Quarter 130 - 132
    0.0 End of Game 130 - 132

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only positive thing I see during this game was Q's coming out party. Dude can be a reliable defensive wing for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good learning for the young spurs
    Folks too hard on Jakob-Embid is a handful and the refs called some BS on Jakob early
    Lonnie needs to join the party-figure out how to get in the action
    Keldon looking good-keep making those open shots. That shot from free throw line was intriguing.
    Murray needs to keep taking and making those off the dribble shots-he can get them when he wants
    Less Patty
    Gay and DDR flat out balled-excellent stuff from those 2

Not bad-build on that game-learn how to win the close games-this was good experience for the young ones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew you got that passion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was hard on Keldon but he is growing on me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is finding his way-he needs to play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew you got that passion
    Drew def has that passion. I like it when he uses it for good (provides content on his fave player, Keldon). Sometimes he can get a little off track though...lol. Drew if you want Keldon to be great, greatness means winning championships. And to win championships you need a team around you. Try to support other players sometimes. Its not all about Keldon

But i agree on a night like tonight, DJ was GARBAGE

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I am h appy with Murray's development but he should never be waving anyone off. That's not who he is, and I doubt that is who he will ever be. That ball needed to be in Demar's hands.
    I was screaming at the tv when I saw Murray do that. Ridiculous. Dude's confidence far exceeds his ability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing will sting, not even a playoff sweep loss against Load Management. We make the playoffs, great, we kept the streak alive. We don't make the playoffs, great, we get a lottery pick. We're in a win-win situation no matter what.
    As long as Forms and Beli don't come back from injury tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Yak is surprisingly athletic when he wants to be. Should've gone for the jam, imo.
    Yak is plenty athletic but he's got a lot of softness in his game, a bit like Tiago in that regards. Eubanks, who's much less talented, plays more physical than him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So people seriously want jak over Aldridge?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KeLDoN, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's ceiling is more Antonio Daniels than Tony Parker. Spurs mistook a journeyman for a starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's ceiling is more Antonio Daniels than Tony Parker. Spurs mistook a journeyman for a starter.
    I swear the similarities are mind boggling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar was looking like Manu out there with the Eurostep! He's really mastered it now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's no one better than this team at choking games or being on the receiving end of bad luck.

Poeltl's more weak than soft. Just doesn't have the strength to bang with Valanciunas, Embiid, Jokic, etc.

Murray is unskilled, low IQ and delusional. Has no business playing crunch time again and should be shopped hard in the off season.
    Mavs might disagree ...they lost a 7 pt lead withbless than 45 seconds left vs Rox...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So people seriously want jak over Aldridge?
    Yeah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am h appy with Murray's development but he should never be waving anyone off. That's not who he is, and I doubt that is who he will ever be. That ball needed to be in Demar's hands.
    This. When I saw him do that I cringed the same way when Duncan was pulled in 2013

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m pretty sure Derozan was being smothered and Dejounte couldn’t safely get it to him. Hence the waving it off. But probably should’ve just improvised with a known regular play to get it in his hands
    Murray doesn’t exactly like DeRozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll say this. If that last shot sequence happened with Aldridge in for Poetl, Aldridge probably gets that shot/finish down.
    Also this. One power dribble, up and in. Something soft Euro bigs don’t really know how to do, and something even undersized American bigs learn early

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yak is plenty athletic but he's got a lot of softness in his game, a bit like Tiago in that regards. Eubanks, who's much less talented, plays more physical than him.
    Eubanks would have powered that home for sure. Only dude I’ve seen concuss a guy with a dunk

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, that's alone on Poeltl. As a 24 year old vet, who got enough trust from Pop in close games over the years, he should have enough experience to make that bucket - especially against a defender like Embid. I hate the excuses that he got fouled. I mean, it doesn't matter how hard they go against him and that he would have got that whistle against him from the refs would it have been the the other way. That's no excuse. Someone who gets 4 shots per game has to be better when it counts. He'll never improve - he's got enough playing-time this season to show what he can do. I also don't understand why Demar passed him the ball. There's no way a guy with a 62% fg-percentage could make the bucket. If we only had had LMA. He would have shut down Embid with his elite defense and I can literally see his dynamic cut to the basket and posterize Embid to get the win for the Spurs. Would even prefer Pop would play Eubanks more. Spurs are much better with him... and he dunked on Antetokounmpo.

The other young guys were great. Ok, White isn't that young, but he will learn to make his free-throws in close situations. Murray made 1-2 little mistakes at the end, but he has a high ceiling and will learn from it. Glad the Spurs got him for cheap for the next years.
    Last edited by ragas; 08-04-2020 at 03:44 AM.

Thread Information