Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the sequence in slow-motion:At the 16 second mark, he bobbles the ball with both hands, it hits the floor, and then he dribbles the ball to regain possession, which I think might be a double-dribble violation, but I'm not sure.
    I think a freeze frame at :16 would verify double dribble.
    Which of course the refs didn't have but yeah, looks like DD for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter tbh because the refs blew a travel call on Wade that quarter too since he jumped up and landed then wasn't called. He didn't get out of the play though, but they gave the Heat an extra chance that they didn't deserve.

Not to mention the blown call when Wade charged Duncan and they called a block on Duncan, and to make matter worse even gave him free throws when he was passing. More blown calls favored Miami too, but those two were the most obvious.

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Miami gets way with traveling all the time. They also won a le in 06 with bad refs. Why don't Spurs fans take some satisfaction that they got away with a call everyone expected Miami to get?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami gets way with traveling all the time. They also won a le in 06 with bad refs. Why don't Spurs fans take some satisfaction that they got away with a call everyone expected Miami to get?
    Got away with a double-dribble and an over-carry.

But there was no travel. Not trying to be a homer here. There was just no travelling violation committed.

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter tbh because the refs blew a travel call on Wade that quarter too since he jumped up and landed then wasn't called. He didn't get out of the play though, but they gave the Heat an extra chance that they didn't deserve.

Not to mention the blown call when Wade charged Duncan and they called a block on Duncan, and to make matter worse even gave him free throws when he was passing. More blown calls favored Miami too, but those two were the most obvious.
    That's all great and 100% true, but can you admit Parker traveled?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The officials would say Tony didn't have real possession of the ball, that it was a loose ball situation so he cannot have traveled or carried in that instance, but once he regained control he did not travel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can admit Russ did, on crutches.

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    When he gathers the ball after getting up, he takes three steps, which is a travel. then there's the said double dribble, and pushoffs (Bosh and then LeBron) in there as well. It's pretty obvious watching the video there was probably a half dozen times he should have been whistled for something but wasn't.

i'm not saying it won SA the game. I'm not saying Miami and every other NBA team doesn't get away with that constantly in every NBA game of every season. I'm just saying admit he traveled, among other things, Spurs fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he gathers the ball after getting up, he takes three steps, which is a travel. then there's the said double dribble, and pushoffs (Bosh and then LeBron) in there as well. It's pretty obvious watching the video there was probably a half dozen times he should have been whistled for something but wasn't.

i'm not saying it won SA the game. I'm not saying Miami and every other NBA team doesn't get away with that constantly in every NBA game of every season. I'm just saying admit he traveled, among other things, Spurs fans.
    I still don't personally see the travel. He gathers the ball and pivots into an up-and-under move. Not sure where you see Parker taking 3 steps in that sequence. The double-dribble and the over-carry are the more obvious infractions.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't personally see the travel. He gathers the ball and pivots into an up-and-under move. Not sure where you see Parker taking 3 steps in that sequence. The double-dribble and the over-carry are the more obvious infractions.
    This. His pivot foot never leaves the ground.

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    He gets the ball in his hands and steps Right-Left-Right

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did not carry or travel. At 16 seconds of the video, he did lose the ball, but he let it go and regained his dribble. This is called an "interrupted dribble". There is nothing illegal there. He did not carry the ball. His hand was on the side of the ball, not under it...again...all legal. He established a pivot foot when he got the ball and took the shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he traveled unless you're referring to the step through which refs let everyone get away with 95% of the time. He may have double dribbled though if Wade never touched the ball when he lunged for it. Parker touched his left hand with the ball as he was dribbling it down with his right. It was only a split second, but technically it's a double dribble if Wade never touched it.

It's understandable that they missed it imo, I didn't see it until I saw the super slow motion replay angle from the sideline that showed the opposite side of the play. Not exactly a mega blown call, just an understandable oversight. That's why I only mentioned a couple blown calls, not everything I noticed they missed. There were a few more missed calls in Miami's favor, but nothing major like the Duncan charge imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's just slo motion every game in nba history.. Let's find every infraction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gets the ball in his hands and steps Right-Left-Right

I see what you're saying (14 second mark where his right legs buckles and then he pulls it back up). But I'm not sure if picking your leg up to regain your balance is considered a step. He also "steps" with his right leg without having complete possession of the ball at the point. Furthermore, I don't see where he takes a step with his left foot. His toe remained on the floor as he pivoted into the shot. Yes, he does pick it up ever so slightly, though, but no human referee would be able to see that in real time.

And yeah, Parker got away with a couple of pushoffs there.

But so would Wade and James in the same situation, so I ain't sweating it.

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Let's just slo motion every game in nba history.. Let's find every infraction.
    Is that a "yes"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one gives a if he travel or not so the subject is not brought up. But even if he did (Not saying he didn't) it would not have matter.

Sure Heat would have had a different strategy only down 2 but still that's ifs and buts and those dont count for .

Everyone should either not give a or feel indiferrent about the call.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No travel! After he gathered the ball, he took 3 steps with his right foot but kept his left pivot foot planted. You can take as many steps as you want as long as your pivot stays planted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not trying to be a homer either but it looks like Wade poked it away from him. Therefore he never had control during the supposed double dribble and while he was slipping and falling all over the place...pretty sure those things are legal when youre trying to regain control.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I don't think there was a double dribble. Seemed like Parker lost control of the ball just before or right as he "may" have put two hands on the ball. Officials seem to emphasize control on travel and double dribble calls. I see no double dribble call there.

However, there was a legitimate travel. The only video in this thread doesn't give a clear picture of his feet as he shot the ball. Yes, he established his left foot as his pivot. As he went up to shoot the ball, he planted his right foot, then his left foot came off the court with the ball still in his hands, then he shot it. Had he jumped off both feet, no problem. But he picked up his pivot foot before he shot and after planting his right foot. By doing that, he in essence switched his pivot feet. That's a travel. However, I agree with the overall sentiment that it's not egregious enough that it should have been called. That's a really tough call for the officials considering the entire mad dribbling scramble Parker had gone through and the frantic play in general at the time. And it happened so fast. It's not even a split second when he puts his right foot down and lifts his left foot and then also lifts his right foot. It's very, very close and extremely difficult to see in real time.

Here's a clip with a better camera angle to see his feet, right around the 40 second mark:

Also, someone mentioned that the officials reviewed it and didn't call the travel, so he didn't. On reviews to check if he got the shot off on time, officials can't go back and call a violation (foul or travel or things like that) and change it. They can only review whether the shot was released on time. Same thing when they check who the ball hit last. Say Parker and Wade are on the sidelines and they call the ball out on Parker. If they go to review and see that Wade hacked Parker's arm and that's why he lost the ball out of bounds, the officials can't call a foul off of the review. It's still out of bounds on Parker. Even if the officials think Parker walked during the review, they can't call the travel after the fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure that would be considered a change of pivot, Jam. I mean sure his left foot comes off the ground a split second before his right but isnt that common when using a pivot move ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wgas, wgaf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP probably thinks Parker traveled on that play and that OKC committed zero fouls in their 2012 Game 6 against the Spurs

Who ing cares, OP? Make better threads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not traveling, it may be double dribble though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol @ JamStone breaking it down like its the Zapruder..the time some people have on their hands, Good Lord

Thread Information