Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    i love horror and suspense films and i admit the colorful trailer had me thinking it was going to be trash so i skipped the theater release. But I was bored with Mrs. Clinton so I convinced her to watch it with me. It was as slow buildup but it didn't take long for me to dislike Dani

Needy ass girlfriend who guilts her boyfriend, Christian into staying with her even though he is ready to break up with her. I won't spoiler it but something happens that further guilts him into staying with her while she is a depressed s of herself for days. He decides to go on a summer vacay with his college buddies to Sweden and she invites herself...and he lets her come

The colorfulness and beautiful scenery actually adds to the demonic that comes after they arrive. Something about gruesome deaths with people singing and dancing with flower crowns in perfect 80 degree sunny weather is eerie tbh.

Anyways, I thought the movie was pretty good and look forward to the director cut. In summary, white people crazy. I give this movie 3.5 black n milds out of 5.
    SpursforSix

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i love horror and suspense films and i admit the colorful trailer had me thinking it was going to be trash so i skipped the theater release. But I was bored with Mrs. Clinton so I convinced her to watch it with me. It was as slow buildup but it didn't take long for me to dislike Dani

Needy ass girlfriend who guilts her boyfriend, Christian into staying with her even though he is ready to break up with her. I won't spoiler it but something happens that further guilts him into staying with her while she is a depressed s of herself for days. He decides to go on a summer vacay with his college buddies to Sweden and she invites herself...and he lets her come

The colorfulness and beautiful scenery actually adds to the demonic that comes after they arrive. Something about gruesome deaths with people singing and dancing with flower crowns in perfect 80 degree sunny weather is eerie tbh.

Anyways, I thought the movie was pretty good and look forward to the director cut. In summary, white people crazy. I give this movie 3.5 black n milds out of 5.
    SpursforSix
    Thanks for posting.

I enjoy horror/suspense movies but the ones worth watching are pretty few and far between. This one has been on my radar. Will check it out for sure.

Speaking of white people crazy, did you see Hereditary? It wasn't as good as some of the reviews said but it was still worth watching.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Speaking of white people crazy, did you see Hereditary? It wasn't as good as some of the reviews said but it was still worth watching.
    I think people went a bit too crazy over it. I thought it was actually quite good but every second person saying "Oh ITS THE SCARIEST EVER" ruined it a bit in a way.

I love the absurdity of both films. Midsommar took it to another level. It's almost a black comedy. You'll find yourself laughing at some pretty odd times. On the other hand, there's also some pretty confronting too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Thanks for posting.

I enjoy horror/suspense movies but the ones worth watching are pretty few and far between. This one has been on my radar. Will check it out for sure.

No I haven't but I will. I heard the witch was good too. I'll def be watching Hereditary and Revenge this weekend.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No I haven't but I will. I heard the witch was good too. I'll def be watching Hereditary and Revenge this weekend.
    The Witch was pretty solid. The dude who made that has a new one coming out... The Lighthouse (https://www.imdb.com/ le/tt7984734).. looks good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Witch was pretty solid. The dude who made that has a new one coming out... The Lighthouse (https://www.imdb.com/ le/tt7984734).. looks good.
    x2 on The Witch.

And your comment about the reviewers calling Heredity, "scariest movie ever". I liked the movie as well but had way too high hopes.
    Since then, I think I've seen "scariest movie ever" used on about 10 different movies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    x2 on The Witch.

And your comment about the reviewers calling Heredity, "scariest movie ever". I liked the movie as well but had way too high hopes.
    Since then, I think I've seen "scariest movie ever" used on about 10 different movies.
    My expectations weren't heightened by the hype but I'm really curious why the movie tried to market itself as a horror when it was more of a psychological thriller with some horror elements. All they did was set people up for disappointment doing that

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    The same guy didn't make Hereditary and Midsommar? They all look similar.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The same guy didn't make Hereditary and Midsommar? They all look similar.
    Hereditary and Midsommar are the same director.

The Witch and the Lighthouse are a different one

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

SpursforSix
    it was as expected and i'd probably throw it the same amount of blunts as you did minus the wood filters.

want some real cult insight? watch holy and wild country on netflix. 's crazy and you can also see the commie influence within most all cults which is odd too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    if you haven't seen terrifier(netflix) yet go for it even though i wasn't impressed by it. it was def a "scary" movie but the gore is was sickened me to the point of not liking the film.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My expectations weren't heightened by the hype but I'm really curious why the movie tried to market itself as a horror when it was more of a psychological thriller with some horror elements. All they did was set people up for disappointment doing that
    I knew it wasn't a straight up horror movie which is why I was pretty excited by the "scariest movie" tag. I thought it was going to be one of those creepy af movies that sticks in your mind. Those are far scarier to me that hack and slash horror moves.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Glad this movie is getting some love. I didn't like Hereditary, but for me Midsommar is brilliant. One of the most beautifully shot films I have ever seen. I agree that it is a black comedy, just a very very dark black comedy.

Don't give Christian any credit though he is a coward and selfish.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Glad this movie is getting some love. I didn't like Hereditary, but for me Midsommar is brilliant. One of the most beautifully shot films I have ever seen. I agree that it is a black comedy, just a very very dark black comedy.

I don't want to give spoilers but

I liked the power switch between the two

It's rare to come across a really good black comedy. Happiness is the one that comes to mind immediately when I think of peak dark humour but this is up there now. I felt like a piece of but I (and half the cinema) were smiling and laughing through all the ed up . I guess thats the point

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I give this movie 3.5 black n milds out of 5.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes

I agree with the coward part but how was he selfish?

Thread Information