Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I would like to see Primo win rookie of the year and get minutes with the big team, there are too many unknowns with our current squad. The minutes need to go to who we already have.
    Too many unknowns, not true.

White, for example - he's 27, in his fifth season, we've seen both his highs and lows, he's a known quan y. Seeing more of him won't tell us more about what he can do. We know his range of possibilities, good and bad.

McDermott is in his eighth season in the league, I think, and it's a known fact he's a shoot-first forward. It isn't vital to play him more, to learn more about him. He's a known quan y.

People talk about replacing Forbes. Rightly so. Speaking of known quan ies. I'd rather have somebody's fat grandmother on the roster than Forbes. (She'd never play but she could do postgame interviews and talk about her grandkids. "We are family." It'd be better than having Forbes around. Anyway...)

I'd try Primo in place of McDermott, in some shifts. 2nd or 3rd quarter, the full 6 or 8 minute shift. For one thing, at SF there's much less emphasis on dribbling, more on shooting. Looks to me like SF is the best place to give Primo some extended exposure to the NBA, to start out. It could be done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People talk about replacing Forbes. Rightly so. Speaking of known quan ies. I'd rather have somebody's fat grandmother on the roster than Forbes. (She'd never play but she could do postgame interviews and talk about her grandkids. "We are family." It'd be better than having Forbes around. Anyway...)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many unknowns, not true.

White, for example - he's 27, in his fifth season, we've seen both his highs and lows, he's a known quan y. Seeing more of him won't tell us more about what he can do. We know his range of possibilities, good and bad.

McDermott is in his eighth season in the league, I think, and it's a known fact he's a shoot-first forward. It isn't vital to play him more, to learn more about him. He's a known quan y.

I'd try Primo in place of McDermott, in some shifts. 2nd or 3rd quarter, the full 6 or 8 minute shift. For one thing, at SF there's much less emphasis on dribbling, more on shooting. Looks to me like SF is the best place to give Primo some extended exposure to the NBA, to start out. It could be done.
    I don't consider McDermott, Young, or Forbes as unknowns (they weren't who I was referring to). I would consider Keldon Johnson, Tre Jones, Jock Landale, Devin Vassell, and Lonnie Walker though (and to a lesser extent: Murray and Poeltl to see if they can step up... and White to see if he can stay healthy).

I wouldn't give Young any minutes except to showcase him for a trade. I also wouldn't give Forbes or McDermott any minutes except to facilitate more losses for a better draft pick. I would rather give those minutes to the 5-8 other players I listed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I declared no victory. You didn't want to discuss much of anything beyond your general discontent. There's no way to even argue anything at that point.
    of course there is, unless you just agree with my point

do you think the spurs have wasted time to develop primo so far since the start of the season?

if yes, do you think that is a good or bad thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course there is, unless you just agree with my point

do you think the spurs have wasted time to develop primo so far since the start of the season?

if yes, do you think that is a good or bad thing?
    What you have are feelings and opinions. Those can’t be argued or debated, because they lack specifics. A very simple one is, how much time is enough. That can be discussed, debated, and argued. He’s tried to get the specifics from you, and you refuse to provide them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you have are feelings and opinions. Those can’t be argued or debated, because they lack specifics. A very simple one is, how much time is enough. That can be discussed, debated, and argued. He’s tried to get the specifics from you, and you refuse to provide them.
    nah, he asked me specifics for a claim i never made ("wasted season")

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, he asked me specifics for a claim i never made ("wasted season")

No. He took part in both training camps, got to know his 2 seats of teammates and coaches, played in a couple of NBA games, and the gleague, where most of his training will happen, starts tonight. After tonight, the baby Spurs don’t play again until the 14th in Mexico City, and the big club has a game in OKC, and two home games, so he might come up again in the interim. He’ll be going back and forth, and working with both PD staffs, and when he’s ready, he’s ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. He took part in both training camps, got to know his 2 seats of teammates and coaches, played in a couple of NBA games, and the gleague, where most of his training will happen, starts tonight. After tonight, the baby Spurs don’t play again until the 14th in Mexico City, and the big club has a game in OKC, and two home games, so he might come up again in the interim. He’ll be going back and forth, and working with both PD staffs, and when he’s ready, he’s ready.
    interesting! so my position that they've been wasting time so far this season COULD be argued and debated

and you didnt even have to make up a strawman to engage with it. good on you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting! so my position that they've been wasting time so far this season COULD be argued and debated

and you didnt even have to make up a strawman to engage with it. good on you
    We didn’t debate it. You stated your opinion, and I stated mine. That’s not a debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We didn’t debate it. You stated your opinion, and I stated mine. That’s not a debate.
    not true. i provided points (that he could have gotten regular season minutes to develop some so far), you gave counterarguments re: training camp, etc.

good job!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let the young man develop......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of Spurstalks favorite draft prospect Franz Wagner can get 30 minutes a night on the Magic...
    Last edited by SpurSpike; 11-05-2021 at 05:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray began his career in the g-league, many people wanted him gone...Yet he's now averaging, 18/8/8. He's playing like a Mini Westbrook,And hif he average's 18/8/8 throughout the season, with his solid defense, he's in the All-star Tier to me. But, it all started from the G-league!

White, is averaging 14/3/6 with a really high Efg% . IF he maintains this output, he's has already provided more value from thr 29th spot than most guys that were drafted ahead of him. He also started in the G-league

Keldon Johnson; is one 3 point shot away from taking that next step. He 22 and has about 2 more years before raching his peak. He also started in the G-league

Lonnie Walker, the guy everyone loved, but now hates.... started in the g-league and has shown improvement through his time. He's also only 22 with an extremely high upside, and the growth I've seen from his 1 year to now, he's heading the right way

Kyle Anderson, also started his devel;opment in the G-league, and now he is a solid defensive-minded starter

Corey Jospeh.. Save thing as Anderson, had solid years coming off the bench.

The only guys from the past few draftys that fell off, and not do to injuries, has been Luka and it wasn't about the talent or Development, it was more about the drive with him.

In short, All I'm saying is that the Spurs know better at developeing talent than other might think...which people will probably ignore. Murray probably does developed into this type of player, with how raw he was coming up. Lonnie's bad habits were on full display his first 2 years, something that peeple choice to ignore, now those bad habits have been limited. Its not about one years, it about the overall growth, In phase of a player!

sending Derrick White to the G-League was the dumbest thing ever. In a season where Parker was out with an injury White put up 16 points in a game against the Warriors. He was the same player he is now then and of course Pop had to send him to the G-League so he can get „over himself“

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of Spurstalks favorite draft prospect Franz Wagner can get 30 minutes a night on the Magic...
    They suck ass, and we beat them like a rented mule. We should have won by 25. Rarely have I seen such one sided officiating in a game where the other team wasn’t the Lakers.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think games against RGV will be really good for Primo if they play out like last night. The pace was warp speed and he's being defended really aggressively by their guards, especially Nix who has some size and strength. Looks like he tweaked an ankle after swinging a leg awkwardly in front of him going up for a open three pointer (landing was out of frame). He played for a few minutes after that so it doesn't seem serious. BTW RGV's new arena is big for D-League but looks much better for basketball than the hockey arena down the road which is almost identical to ours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you in that this is a good path for him. The kid's got potential, but not surprising he's got things to work on. I think a lot folks don't realize how little practice time the big club has.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone knows, if you want to develop, you play against lesser opponents. I think we should go all in and get Primo some run against middle schoolers.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone knows, if you want to develop, you play against lesser opponents. I think we should go all in and get Primo some run against middle schoolers.
    He didn't really dominate last night. He played decently mostly against a 19 year old two way player. You think Primo was sandbagging?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    how long until sam dekker is a spur?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    popa method of teaching young rookies... vs other teams throwing their rookies onto nba game with starters minutes in first year....

give me the 2nd since this team aint contending for a playoff spot with the roster currently...fkn wasting primo or showcasing what he has to show

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nix was taking primo off the dribble att the perimeter like prime nash

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information