Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the info. Surprised the Spurs wouldn't be interested in Hunter. Is it because he's untouchable or because he's injury prone? Perhaps he wants a very lofty contract extension?

I'm not too enamored with Atlanta's picks, because they're unlikely to be very good. So even 3 or 4 of them or swaps don't make too much sense. In a Murray deal I'd want a centerpiece - a good young player - and then talk about picks. Just contract ballast + picks is meh, you'd have to hope that in 3 or 4 years Atlanta implode to have a chance at something great.

I thought once the three-way with Sacramento including pick 4 was off the table then this would be dead, but apparently not. I would have taken Ivey + a couple of picks for DJ I guess, but what seems to be offered now seems worse to me. I hope they could find a third team in order to get that trade centerpiece. I'd be more interested in Minnesota or even NY picks than Atlanta's.

Above all, I hope Spurs keep Murray and keep building, but that extension he'll be seeking is an important part of the whole situation. If they're getting so much interest they should use their leverage and get a great deal out of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised teams are offering that much. 4-5 draft pics can be crippling for a franchise to cough up even for a team with decent draft capital.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely seems nothing is eminent yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they manage to get 3 picks and 2 swaps.

That would be a massive haul.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jrue package if you take out the Bledsoe dump part of the equation is 2 unprotected and 2 pick swaps. That is comparable maybe more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks for the intel

I'm not for rushing things, i think Dejounte value will be the same during next season.

Imo without Okongwu or Hunter there will be no offer i will accept from ATL.
    We'll see i'm torn on the idea of trading DJ , because if you do that even for a good package, if you're not in next draft top 3 it did not worth it imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jrue package if you take out the Bledsoe dump part of the equation is 2 unprotected and 2 pick swaps. That is comparable maybe more.
    It was a 2020 first round pick (#24 RJ Hampton, traded to Denver), then picks in 2025 (protected 1-4), unprotected in 2027 and pickswaps in 2024 and 2026.

Part of it was playing the chance that Giannis wouldn't re-sign and these picks would be great. Didn't work well for NO, so they could easily end up with just 3 picks in the 20s. Not a great haul tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No interest in the Hawks' draft picks, even if they are minimally protected. Interesting that there are other teams willing to throw the kitchen sink in a deal for Murray though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they are considering trading Murray for a load of picks.. the Spurs should seriously be in the free agency market for Tyus Jones, methinks. Otherwise it makes no sense to let a seasoned point guard go for just picks without a capable replacement. For all the talent that Primo, Branham have, not to mention Jones' younger brother.. they aren't capable of running a team on their own. Tyus is a good playmaker/orchestrator, does not turn the ball over at all, can shoot the three (at least recently) and while he is a slight minus on defense, he holds his own there. And he won't cost much in the FA market either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs dont want to pay Murray 40 million a year when his contract is up. He’s gonna walk in two years, maybe we’ll get a late first round draft pick for him with a sign & trade, he’s only going to sign with a team that can compete for a championship when he leaves. If he’s stays we’re a first round exit team and we continue drafting in the mid teens for a few more years. If he stays, i think ill root for the Spurs to sign Ayton since he would be helpfull against teams like Denver & Utah. If Keldon/Vassell/Primo have improved their 3 stroke even more the Spurs could easily make some noise in the playoffs. Either way, its good to have options. Ayton is 23 and is a tad better than Purtle with room to get better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While 4 first round picks sound appealing on paper, 4 first round picks from the Hawks, who are likely to be a playoff team in the years to come, isn’t really that valuable. What does it matter if the picks are unprotected if they’re going to be in the 20’s anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These talks remind me of when the Spurs almost traded Tony Parker to Toronto for the #5 pick (which would have been Ed Davis). That trade would have been a big mistake in hindsight, and we’re all glad of course they didn’t end up doing it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the asking price seems about right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shall we speculate on the other EC team?

Knicks? Wizards?

One thing we can feel pretty comfortable in saying, Spurs want no part of John Collins.

When a team has re-signed Bryn Forbes twice and offered a contract to a namesake with an explosive foot, that tells you everything you need to know…Actually, not sure who that’s an indictment of tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shall we speculate on the other EC team?

Knicks? Wizards?

One thing we can feel pretty comfortable in saying, Spurs want no part of John Collins.

When a team has re-signed Bryn Forbes twice and offered a contract to a namesake with an explosive foot, that tells you everything you need to know…Actually, not sure who that’s an indictment of tbh
    One of them is definitely the Wizards tbh. Doubt the Spurs and Knicks would do business with each other these days. Other EC teams are prolly Charlotte and Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless they materially upgrade the rest of the roster in free agency (which would be hard) replacing Murray with Primo in the starting lineup is a surefire bottom 3 team. At that point cash in on Jak and let Zollins start and you are firmly in the VW sweepstakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. I wonder who this is referring to…

One Eastern Conference team, he says, is offering three first round draft picks and a desirable young player in a proposed swap.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One Eastern Conference team, he says, is offering three first round draft picks and a desirable young player in a proposed swap.”
    My bet is the Wizards with Rui Hachimura.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's got to be a team thatis on the edge of being a contender
    Either that or the Knicks, or the Hornets
    Never mind who knows- there are a lot of teams that are delusional about their future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ------------------------------

do it Spurs FO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the info. Surprised the Spurs wouldn't be interested in Hunter. Is it because he's untouchable or because he's injury prone? Perhaps he wants a very lofty contract extension?

I'm not too enamored with Atlanta's picks, because they're unlikely to be very good. So even 3 or 4 of them or swaps don't make too much sense. In a Murray deal I'd want a centerpiece - a good young player - and then talk about picks. Just contract ballast + picks is meh, you'd have to hope that in 3 or 4 years Atlanta implode to have a chance at something great.

I thought once the three-way with Sacramento including pick 4 was off the table then this would be dead, but apparently not. I would have taken Ivey + a couple of picks for DJ I guess, but what seems to be offered now seems worse to me. I hope they could find a third team in order to get that trade centerpiece. I'd be more interested in Minnesota or even NY picks than Atlanta's.

Above all, I hope Spurs keep Murray and keep building, but that extension he'll be seeking is an important part of the whole situation. If they're getting so much interest they should use their leverage and get a great deal out of it.
    I asked in another thread, but did the Spurs try and get the 4th pick to get Jaden Ivey? Were they interested in Ivey?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I say Wizards. They have Davis, Deni who’ve we’ve liked in the past, and Pop favorite Kuzma.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shop has sailed on Rui

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked in another thread, but did the Spurs try and get the 4th pick to get Jaden Ivey? Were they interested in Ivey?
    I'm not sure, apparently they were interested in Keegan Murray but I don't buy it, certainly not over Ivey and especially if they're trading DJ for the pick.

Thread Information