Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol PATFO is stupid enough to attach two future FRPs and JRich for Tobias Harris to try and make the play-in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recent ESPN article suggested a 4 way trade.

Nets get Ayton, Mikal Bridges, Josh Richardson, ‘23 1st from Cha via Spurs, ‘25 1st from Phx top 4 protected, ‘27 1st from Phx top 14 protected.

Lakers get Irving

Phoenix gets Durant

Spurs get Russ and two unprotected 1sts from LAL
    Saw this but from the Spurs point of view it's totally rubbish. RW contract is already worth that 2 FRP, doesn't make sense to throw in JRich and another FRP.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nets get Ayton, Mikal Bridges, Josh Richardson, ‘23 1st from Cha via Spurs, ‘25 1st from Phx top 4 protected, ‘27 1st from Phx top 14 protected.

Lakers get Irving

Phoenix gets Durant

Nets don't seem to want Ayton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw this but from the Spurs point of view it's totally rubbish. RW contract is already worth that 2 FRP, doesn't make sense to throw in JRich and another FRP.
    haha wow so everyone gets better and we net an FRP for eating Russ’ contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lakers get Irving

Phoenix gets Durant

Nix the CHA 2023 FRP, or swap out Richardson for Doug.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lakers get Irving

Phoenix gets Durant

Interesting. Some of the moves the Suns have made in the last few hours seem to point to somethin being in the works. Traded for Landale and signed Biyombo (big man depth), signed Josh Okogie (good perimeter defender to replace bridges).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I’d want another 1st if I’m the Spurs in addition to the two LAL ones. Or the Spurs remove the Charlotte pick from the trade and the Suns give another top 14 protected pick to Brooklyn to make up for it. They’re the ers getting Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume the two Lakers FRP would be their next two available which are 2025 and 2027. Those could be pretty valuable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, but two considerations:

1. That CHA pick looks less appealing after that asshole Bridges beat his wife. He was a key cog they probably can’t replace for a while. In some ways it could be useful to “upgrade” that pick now.

2. I’d like to hold on to Richardson personally, but if Nets want him I’d try to get LAL to eat Doug. The net impact is that we’d be renting ~20M of space as opposed to ~32M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need more assets .jrich needs to gtfo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only ESPN could cook up such an idiotic trade from the Spurs perspective, thereby continuing their outright hatred of the Spurs going on 3 decades now!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nix the CHA 2023 FRP, or swap out Richardson for Doug.
    And

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Some of the moves the Suns have made in the last few hours seem to point to somethin being in the works. Traded for Landale and signed Biyombo (big man depth), signed Josh Okogie (good perimeter defender to replace bridges).
    Even if they move auton and land KD, Bismack and Jock aren't enough in the middle .. they'll still need a Myles Turner or Jak..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, but two considerations:

1. That CHA pick looks less appealing after that asshole Bridges beat his wife. He was a key cog they probably can’t replace for a while. In some ways it could be useful to “upgrade” that pick now.

2. I’d like to hold on to Richardson personally, but if Nets want him I’d try to get LAL to eat Doug. The net impact is that we’d be renting ~20M of space as opposed to ~32M.
    Charlotte will replace Bridges with someone...maybe John Collins...I could also see them loading up and trying to get is to package Poeltl along with KJ with KJ as the bridges replacement. It's let's them put off paying that spot for another year and they would need to dump Hayward this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okogie can't replace Bridges because he can't shoot, but Richardson could.

I know the Suns will desperately try to retain Bridges, but I don't see how they pull it off if he's not included and the Jazz aren't pulled in with Mitc going to the Nets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte will replace Bridges with someone...maybe John Collins...I could also see them loading up and trying to get is to package Poeltl along with KJ with KJ as the bridges replacement. It's let's them put off paying that spot for another year and they would need to dump Hayward this summer.
    does that mean the Blazers will now sign Bridges?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does that mean the Blazers will now sign Bridges?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I was thinking if we have to throw the CHA pick into the pot, they’re taking McD, and we can monetize JRich elsewhere for another FRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs shouldn't be taking on any players that take them out of the sweepstakes for a generational talent and potential face of the league.

Westbrook would likely not alter that dynamic for us, but Tobias is too consistent a shooter/player to not change at least a few games to the win column. Unless they give you a haul which they can't do.

Unless another generational talent shows up in the 2024 draft, you start adding players via FA after next year's draft. By that point your base will consist of Wembanyama, or at least ideally a top 3 pick, Branham, Wesley, Sochan, Primo, Vassell, Johnson, Jones, Langford, (Poeltl), etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Spurs did complete tear down and they get their own pick next season, and then 3 years later more picks start becoming available. I have bad feelings about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I was thinking if we have to throw the CHA pick into the pot, they’re taking McD, and we can monetize JRich elsewhere for another FRP.
    PATFO frustrates the out of me for shooting themselves in foot in these type of potential deals in the name of their prideful nature but if we are going to be the lubricant that facilitates a trade of this magnitude to help the Lakers, Suns and Nets PATFO better be the ones doing the ing.

For me to eat Russ’ deal just for him to be waived and sign to another contender the asking price is the Lakers 2 FRP’s with little to no protection and someone needs to find use for McDermott or I walk. I’m all for getting a lesser return for this cap space versus providing the lube for all 3-4 parties to us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO frustrates the out of me for shooting themselves in foot in these type of potential deals in the name of their prideful nature but if we are going to be the lubricant that facilitates a trade of this magnitude to help the Lakers, Suns and Nets PATFO better be the ones doing the ing.

For me to eat Russ’ deal just for him to be waived and sign to another contender the asking price is the Lakers 2 FRP’s with little to no protection and someone needs to find use for McDermott or I walk. I’m all for getting a lesser return for this cap space versus providing the lube for all 3-4 parties to us.
    I'm in total agreement with this...we stood firm on our asking price for DJ with Atl...there's no need to waffle with the Lakers... if they don't wanna give the 2 1st's and take Doug let them find a deal elsewhere...we cab keep our space and see what happens at the trade deadline when some team gets desperate..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10774098[/URL]]does that mean the Blazers will now sign Bridges?
    I’m calling vet min deal with Philly. Morey and Doc Rivers have no shame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be nice if UTA wanted space and SA ate all of the players coming from MINNY for one of those picks…

Then could flip Beasley and Bev for more picks too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m calling vet min deal with Philly. Morey and Doc Rivers have no shame.
    I’m racking my brain for precedence in recent NBA history but coming up blank.

Innocent till proven guilty but those are some damning details and it’s not like he just he lost his cool and gave her a little shake, appears he went off.

there are certain fan bases who won’t give AF though and Philly is def one of them. Blazers did some heavy due diligence on Billups after his rape allegations before they hired him for coach so I don’t buy they would.

I think he stays in Charlotte on a short term, extreme discount as he is talented enough to be given a chance to rejuvenate himself with Lakers, Philly the only ones licking their chops.

NBA is pribably the hardest league to come back from something like that though.

Thread Information