Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook question I guess, could we ask the Lakers for the money to buy out Westbrook if we did do a trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj reports the Lakers number one priority is still Kyrie Irving and that the Spurs could help facilitate a 3-team deal.
    San Antonio would be incentivized to take on Russell Westbrook with multiple first round picks.

Multiple first round picks, yes, that’s a reasonable incentive. To get involved in the Kyrie-Westbrook soap opera, I’d say, oh, just speaking from my personal point of view, I’d want 20 frps. Others might be more hard headed, and demand 25, but I’m generous and I like round numbers, so I’d do it for 20.

Has it been mentioned recently that the Fakers were into the luxury tax last season? They had to pay the rest of the league for the privilege of fielding a team that didn’t even make the playin. No relevance here, I just like thinking about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only works if we receive draft compensation for taking him on. That said, don't expect him to suit up in a Spurs uniform ever. He would either sit or more likely get bought out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj reports the Lakers number one priority is still Kyrie Irving and that the Spurs could help facilitate a 3-team deal.
    San Antonio would be incentivized to take on Russell Westbrook with multiple first round picks.
    I like the implication is the Lakers could possibly have any other priorities than the Nets saving their dumb, overleveraged asses. What's their priority #2, sending out more social media on Lonnie Walker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook question I guess, could we ask the Lakers for the money to buy out Westbrook if we did do a trade?

It’s legal to do that kind of thing. When the Spurs took Chriss off the Warriors’ hands, the Warriors sent along enough cash to pay Chriss, and a bit more. Of course the numbers were much smaller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s legal to do that kind of thing. When the Spurs took Chriss off the Warriors’ hands, the Warriors sent along enough cash to pay Chriss, and a bit more. Of course the numbers were much smaller.
    but does it count against the cap?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you guys hear that KD wants out?
    I’m waiting on my free 50 hours of AOL world wide web but I entered KD in Encarta 95 and they just showed me a box of Kraft Dinner.

HELP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but does it count against the cap?

What counts against the salary cap is the player’s contract. How the players are paid is a different issue. And where the team gets the money to pay the players is a different issue. But there’s no rule that I know of to prevent one team from giving another team money as a gift. That’s basically what the luxury tax is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this Spurstalk or slowtalk?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can send $5M total for all trades in a league year, July-June. Since it’s early, you could push them up against the wall and demand all of it, but I still think LA doesnot have the resources to get a deal done with two teams. They have the assets to move Russ OR the assets to get Kyrie, but not both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can send $5M total for all trades in a league year, July-June. Since it’s early, you could push them up against the wall and demand all of it, but I still think LA doesnot have the resources to get a deal done with two teams. They have the assets to move Russ OR the assets to get Kyrie, but not both.

Oh yeah, that $5M number came up when Leonard and Green were traded to the Raps, didn’t it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allan Rowe vs Wade

Low intellect conversation in this thread. Perfect place for you to be stimulated. Chime in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make it a 4-team trade with OKC, and get a few of their 1sts, the two Lakers' 1sts, and a 1st or two from the Nets.....we can take that horrible Westbrook contract. We can trade away Richardson (as much as I really want to keep him), Poeltl, and McDermott, KBD (if still on the roster), and Langford.

try to get the picks as unprotected as possible. Let's go full on rebuild. Near the trade deadline, trade Russ to a team that is fighting for the postseason and get even more draft assets, and expiring contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make it a 4-team trade with OKC, and get a few of their 1sts, the two Lakers' 1sts, and a 1st or two from the Nets.....we can take that horrible Westbrook contract. We can trade away Richardson (as much as I really want to keep him), Poeltl, and McDermott, KBD (if still on the roster), and Langford.

try to get the picks as unprotected as possible. Let's go full on rebuild. Near the trade deadline, trade Russ to a team that is fighting for the postseason and get even more draft assets, and expiring contracts.
    1. If anyone thought Russ was an asset, they wouldn’t wait until the deadline.

2. He’ll never play here, not 1 minute.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't this why we are holding all this cap space open right now, to eventually absorb westbrook contract for picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. If anyone thought Russ was an asset, they wouldn’t wait until the deadline.

2. He’ll never play here, not 1 minute.
    I doubt the Holts have the stomach for buying out his contract. Hes owed 47M. I bet a buyout would be in the mid 20s at minimum. I just dont see ownership doing that. But maybe you're right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess people here haven't understood yet that regardless of how much cap space you got, you have to spend at least 90% of your salary cap, so you might as well take on a bad contract

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess people here haven't understood yet that regardless of how much cap space you got, you have to spend at least 90% of your salary cap, so you might as well take on a bad contract
    As long as we don't get a contract that lasts for more than one season, though, right? I am guessing the Spurs wouldn't want anything that takes away cap space from next year unless it's a really good player, and there aren't any of those around.

Do you guys think someone like Colin Sexton would be willing to sign a one year deal? Would the Spurs even go for something like that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who needs Westbrook when you have Wesley tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as we don't get a contract that lasts for more than one season, though, right? I am guessing the Spurs wouldn't want anything that takes away cap space from next year unless it's a really good player, and there aren't any of those around.

Do you guys think someone like Colin Sexton would be willing to sign a one year deal? Would the Spurs even go for something like that?
    a 1 year deal would be the best case, but if you get significant assets for a player on a 2 year deal I think the Spurs would bite too. Ain't like they got any expensive players under contract anyway. Since we're tanking, I wouldn't want Sexton

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allan Rowe vs Wade

Low intellect conversation in this thread. Perfect place for you to be stimulated. Chime in.
    Thanks I'll consider it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't serious... These writers make up scenarios that they want to happen and put it out there as if it's actually in talks... I'm sure the Spurs front office read this and laughed their asses off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt the Holts have the stomach for buying out his contract. Hes owed 47M. I bet a buyout would be in the mid 20s at minimum. I just dont see ownership doing that. But maybe you're right.
    The later in the season you go, the less that is still owed on his contract. Waiting until the trade deadline saves you what you'd need to buy him out. Mid-20s would be a max buyout at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't see the Spurs buying FRPs at $25 million a pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A buyout for Westbrook would be in the 40s... he'll give up only what he can make from another team... and certainly that won't be much, so...

Thread Information