Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Spurs are trend setters. They set (bad) trends

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC didn’t do it, because HE’S NOT THE ING COACH. Silver is probably scuurred to call out Pop.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    RC didn’t do it, because HE’S NOT THE ING COACH. Silver is probably scuurred to call out Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver’s right tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having Timmy (and for that matter Tony and Manu) played longer with managed minutes with bad knee, instead of shorter career. Fans got to watch and enjoy watching them play longer. Wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs didn't sit stars for the whole season to contend for another season. They sat stars in back-to-backs/ or what poundingtherock.com calls SEGABABAs or THIGAFONIs. And that too stars in the 30s, in the late/ mid-late years of their career. It turned out well. Their star trio (TD, TP, MG) played 19, 19 and 17 years in the league and were productive in the later years of their careers (they never missed the playoffs when they played for the Spurs). Adam Silver is conflating what is effective load management with wilful shirking of work by the likes of Irving, Durant, Leonard etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like there’s an Adam silver sniffer in the group

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spur fans are getting upset about this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spur fans are getting upset about this?
    Not at all. Spurs did everything within the rules (with the exception of the incident in Miami where they "didn't report in time" and got fined). And even that, I think Pop was trying to make a point because the Spurs had played like 4 games in 7 days with the last game being a nationally broadcast, high profile game against the Heat.

I'm not a huge fan of "load management" especially since it is now basically synonymous with the likes of Nephew, but if the NBA doesn't want teams resting players without reason, change the rules or otherwise STFU.

Teams have been resting players in the final games of the season for years, and the Spurs know all to well what can happen if you play your stars in a meaningless game (Manu breaking his arm just before the 2011 playoffs)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The prima donna superstars of the league run the front offices now, dictate trades, sink franchises, determine their playing time, shift the balance of power heavily into the hands of major markets.

Maybe Silver should be calling out Lebron, KD, Kawhi and some of execs of major market teams while he's at it.

WGAF about the Silver comment, but it's honestly kind of move with everything else that's fvcked up about the league these days.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm interesting u bring up miami game n now we get like no national games...silver wins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goddamn, Adam Silver doesn't know who the coach of the Spurs is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goddamn, Adam Silver doesn't know who the coach of the Spurs is.
    I think Ex called it. He's afraid to call out Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The prima donna superstars of the league run the front offices now, dictate trades, sink franchises, determine their playing time, shift the balance of power heavily into the hands of major markets.

Maybe Silver should be calling out Lebron, KD, Kawhi and some of execs of major market teams while he's at it.

WGAF about the Silver comment, but it's honestly kind of move with everything else that's fvcked up about the league these days.
    The game is faster and more athletic today and given the brutal schedule and the amount of back to backs, followed by the playoffs, it’s hard to blame the playets

back in the good old days, NBA’ stars could play a full season because the pace wasn’t the same and they faced unathletic YMCA janitors which wasn’t very energy draining tbh. I’m sure Hakeem didn’t break a sweat when he was matched up against Joe Wolf one night and Olliver Miller 2 days later

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most frustrating thing for the fans is how incompetent, and corrupt, the officiating is in the NBA. The incompetence, and corruption, detract from every game that’s played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver needs to grow a pair of balls

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, we had that 2012-2015 Indian summer of a run because of "load management" of our geriatric players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver showing how weak and inept of a leader he is like always by not taking accountability for creating this load management environment we have today. Silver set a bad precedent when he allowed Kawhi to pull his holdout stunt on the Spur which paved the way for other players to pull the same type of stunts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver showing how weak and inept of a leader he is like always by not taking accountability for creating this load management environment we have today. Silver set a bad precedent when he allowed Kawhi to pull his holdout stunt on the Spur which paved the way for other players to pull the same type of stunts.
    But that's not even Load Management. That's just Kawhi playing a bag. Load management allows team, if properly used, to rest their players enough to get them in maximum performance and allow them to have longevity. Silver should know the difference

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are trend setters. They set (bad) trends

Maybe if the laker would have load managed kobe he wouldn’t have ended up splattered on the side of a mountain.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that's not even Load Management. That's just Kawhi playing a bag. Load management allows team, if properly used, to rest their players enough to get them in maximum performance and allow them to have longevity. Silver should know the difference
    I know what load management is when it it's being used for good like what the Spurs did with Duncan and Manu from '12-'17. What Kawhi did with the hold out broke the system when it comes to load management. After he came back the Raptors took it to the next level with him by allowing him to sit out games whenever he wanted and other teams and players started copying it. Silver set the precedent for this bs to happen by not cracking down on Kawhi's hold out and then Kawhi got brazen enough to sit out games whenever he wanted to with the Raptors and Clippers in which the rest of the star players in the league copied.

This is all on Silver to me he is playing the typical deflection game weak leaders play when they don't want to man up and admit they were wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know what load management is when it it's being used for good like what the Spurs did with Duncan and Manu from '12-'17. What Kawhi did with the hold out broke the system when it comes to load management. After he came back the Raptors took it to the next level with him by allowing him to sit out games whenever he wanted and other teams and players started copying it. Silver set the precedent for this bs to happen by not cracking down on Kawhi's hold out and then Kawhi got brazen enough to sit out games whenever he wanted to with the Raptors and Clippers in which the rest of the star players in the league copied.

This is all on Silver to me he is playing the typical deflection game weak leaders play when they don't want to man up and admit they were wrong.
    Yeah but you mentioned Kawhi did it with the Spurs. That wasn't load management. Wrong team bruh.

Anyways, Silver should see the difference between what players are abusing as load management, with what teams are trying to rest their players. And it's an a-hole move to point on RC (and the Spurs) who's always finding ways to make teams and players better, no wonder everybody's copying the Spurs and recruiting their coaches and personnel. That was dumb of Silver there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what? These players get paid millions and should be out there grinding there bodys for us to watch. There should be fines for not playing and give that money back to the workers at the arena. If Spurs feel its worth sitting a SUPERSTAR out then pay a fee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a link to what he said. I haven't seen it. TIA

Thread Information