Page 34 of 176 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to this graph constructed using data provided by the CDC from the last 6 years, total deaths have remained relatively constant and increases can be explained by various factors such as a larger population. The es in deaths in 2020 are consistent with historical trends, only topping 2018 by 11,292 deaths. There have been over 262,000 deaths attributed to Covid-19 in the United States, yet total deaths have not increased in any alarming capacity; they have only mirrored existing trends. In short, according to 6 years of data collected by the CDC, Covid-19 has not led to any significant increase in deaths
    What is even more interesting if not more alarming is that the e in recorded Covid-19 deaths seen in 2020 has coincided with a proportional decrease in death from other diseases.

Yanni Gu writes

“This suggests, according to Briand, that the COVID-19 death toll is misleading. Briand believes that deaths due to heart diseases, respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia may instead be recategorized as being due to COVID-19.”

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is even more interesting if not more alarming is that the e in recorded Covid-19 deaths seen in 2020 has coincided with a proportional decrease in death from other diseases.

Yanni Gu writes

“This suggests, according to Briand, that the COVID-19 death toll is misleading. Briand believes that deaths due to heart diseases, respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia may instead be recategorized as being due to COVID-19.”
    Chumpdump wrong the whole time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chumpdump wrong the whole time

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yanni Gu writes

Chumpdump answer to science.... a picture.

Lolooookllooo

What a s bag

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Randy Quaid let himself go, like foldren.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yanni Gu writes

Chumpdump crying like TimDunkem hate to see it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chumpdump crying like TimDunkem hate to see it
    Foldren coming to terms with 260,000 covid deaths.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yanni Gu writes

This aligns with many other well-established facts about the virus, such as those with comorbidities are the most at risk. According to the CDC, about 94% of Covid deaths occur with comorbidities. This suggests that it could be possible that a large number of deaths could have been mainly due to more serious ailments such as heart disease but categorized as a Covid-19 death, a far less lethal disease

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Furthermore, Briand’s research notes that the percentage of death has remained relatively constant through all age groups. Covid death statistics seem to mirror the normal distribution of death amongst age groups, further lending credence to the argument that many Covid deaths are recategorized deaths

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totals deaths over period suggest otherwise you dumb .

Repugs always using ratios and never totals.
    Lol wrong.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look man if we average 30k people dying a month for 60 years and then this one year we start seeing 60k a month for 6 months. That tells you everything you dumb .
    Lol. Look man. You're not only wrong. Your example is ignorant

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Furthermore, Briand’s research notes that the percentage of death has remained relatively constant through all age groups. Covid death statistics seem to mirror the normal distribution of death amongst age groups, further lending credence to the argument that many Covid deaths are recategorized deaths
    an 0 math iq read this, then tried to belligerently argue

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look man if we average 30k people dying a month for 60 years and then this one year we start seeing 60k a month for 6 months. That tells you everything you dumb .
    He actually used this

Lolololool

Det math

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elwrongwrong doing his crybois dirty work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to see cryboi trying to one up TimDunkem with his lies.

Now he's basing science on authors appearances

Lolooollooooll

You cant make this up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to see cryboi trying to one up TimDunkem with his lies.

Now he's basing science on authors appearances

Lolooollooooll

You cant make this up.
    He needs a mask.and vax to feel safe!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19
    By YANNI GU | November 27, 2020

Editor’s Note: After The News-Letter published this article on Nov. 22, it was brought to our attention that our coverage of Genevieve Briand’s presentation “COVID-19 Deaths: A Look at U.S. Data” has been used to support dangerous inaccuracies that minimize the impact of the pandemic.

We decided on Nov. 26 to retract this article to stop the spread of misinformation, as we noted on social media. However, it is our responsibility as journalists to provide a historical record. We have chosen to take down the article from our website, but it is available here as a PDF.

In accordance with our standards for transparency, we are sharing with our readers how we came to this decision. The News-Letter is an editorially and financially independent, student-run publication. Our articles and content are not endorsed by the University or the School of Medicine, and our decision to retract this article was made independently.

Briand’s study should not be used exclusively in understanding the impact of COVID-19, but should be taken in context with the countless other data published by Hopkins, the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

As assistant director for the Master’s in Applied Economics program at Hopkins, Briand is neither a medical professional nor a disease researcher. At her talk, she herself stated that more research and data are needed to understand the effects of COVID-19 in the U.S.

Briand was quoted in the article as saying, “All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers.” This claim is incorrect and does not take into account the e in raw death count from all causes compared to previous years. According to the CDC, there have been almost 300,000 excess deaths due to COVID-19. Additionally, Briand presented data of total U.S. deaths in comparison to COVID-19-related deaths as a proportion percentage, which trivializes the repercussions of the pandemic. This evidence does not disprove the severity of COVID-19; an increase in excess deaths is not represented in these proportionalities because they are offered as percentages, not raw numbers.

Briand also claimed in her analysis that deaths due to heart diseases, respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia may be incorrectly categorized as COVID-19-related deaths. However, COVID-19 disproportionately affects those with preexisting conditions, so those with those underlying conditions are statistically more likely to be severely affected and die from the virus.

Because of these inaccuracies and our failure to provide additional information about the effects of COVID-19, The News-Letter decided to retract this article. It is our duty as a publication to combat the spread of misinformation and to enhance our fact-checking process. We apologize to our readers.

https://www.jhunewsletter.com/articl...ue-to-covid-19

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder:

What about us?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/11/27/nurses-athletes-sports-coronavirus-tests

because in Capitalism, athletes are money sources, nurses are money sinks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19
    By YANNI GU | November 27, 2020

Editor’s Note: After The News-Letter published this article on Nov. 22, it was brought to our attention that our coverage of Genevieve Briand’s presentation “COVID-19 Deaths: A Look at U.S. Data” has been used to support dangerous inaccuracies that minimize the impact of the pandemic.

We decided on Nov. 26 to retract this article to stop the spread of misinformation, as we noted on social media. However, it is our responsibility as journalists to provide a historical record. We have chosen to take down the article from our website, but it is available here as a PDF.

In accordance with our standards for transparency, we are sharing with our readers how we came to this decision. The News-Letter is an editorially and financially independent, student-run publication. Our articles and content are not endorsed by the University or the School of Medicine, and our decision to retract this article was made independently.

Briand’s study should not be used exclusively in understanding the impact of COVID-19, but should be taken in context with the countless other data published by Hopkins, the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

As assistant director for the Master’s in Applied Economics program at Hopkins, Briand is neither a medical professional nor a disease researcher. At her talk, she herself stated that more research and data are needed to understand the effects of COVID-19 in the U.S.

Briand was quoted in the article as saying, “All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers.” This claim is incorrect and does not take into account the e in raw death count from all causes compared to previous years. According to the CDC, there have been almost 300,000 excess deaths due to COVID-19. Additionally, Briand presented data of total U.S. deaths in comparison to COVID-19-related deaths as a proportion percentage, which trivializes the repercussions of the pandemic. This evidence does not disprove the severity of COVID-19; an increase in excess deaths is not represented in these proportionalities because they are offered as percentages, not raw numbers.

Briand also claimed in her analysis that deaths due to heart diseases, respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia may be incorrectly categorized as COVID-19-related deaths. However, COVID-19 disproportionately affects those with preexisting conditions, so those with those underlying conditions are statistically more likely to be severely affected and die from the virus.

Because of these inaccuracies and our failure to provide additional information about the effects of COVID-19, The News-Letter decided to retract this article. It is our duty as a publication to combat the spread of misinformation and to enhance our fact-checking process. We apologize to our readers.

https://www.jhunewsletter.com/articl...ue-to-covid-19

BwahahahhahHHHH

Chumpdump sad that norms don't equal raw numbers. Even your post says, use this data in context. = no one healthy is dying from covid. Vast majority elderly and ill.

Thanks for proving the point

Thread Information