Page 58 of 82 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2031
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Like that kid. Hope he sticks in Atlanta (who are making some boss moves). Clippers are clearly making another move soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, can we trade Forbes for $$$?
    The only untouchable Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our FO is overrated if they don't see the importance of trading either LMA or DDR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah but you gotta factor in that they need to learn how to play together. Obviously they can just start Clarke or Fathead in place of Crowder, but I still expect them to decline a little
    They're better than the teams behind them so they should be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs

What to watch: The uncertain future of the roster
    If there is going to be a shakeup in San Antonio, head of basketball operations RC Buford will need to do something he is unaccustomed to: make a trade during the regular season.
    The 9-14 Spurs have questions surrounding possible free agent DeMar DeRozan ($27.7 million player option), former All-Star LaMarcus Aldridge, three rotation players with salaries extending into 2020-21 (Rudy Gay $14.5 million, Patty Mills $12.4 million and DeMarre Carroll $6.7 million), expiring contracts (Marco Belinelli $5.8 million, Bryn Forbes $2.9 million and Jakob Poetl $3.8 million) and a young core of four former first-round picks.
    The big question will be what to do with DeRozan. He will be one of the top free agents in 2020 if he does not opt in. However, unless Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland or Memphis is willing to pay up, the market for the former All-Star could be dry. As one league executive told ESPN, "I like DeRozan as my third option, and those type of players are not earning near max-type money."
    The Spurs can elect to do nothing and let the market dictate DeRozan's next deal (if he opts out). However, if DeRozan walks for nothing, San Antonio will be over the cap and unable to replace him in free agency.
    Front-office deadline history: The last time San Antonio made a trade during the regular season was February 2014, when Austin Daye was acquired for Nando De Colo. Since 2012, San Antonio has made only seven trades overall.
    Restrictions/notes

• San Antonio is $13.1 million below the hard cap.
    • LaMarcus Aldridge has a 15% trade bonus.
    • Dejounte Murray has a poison pill restriction. For outgoing salary, Murray will count as $2.3 million, but his incoming salary for an acquiring team will be $13.3 million.
    • Davis Bertans cannot be reacquired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, can we trade Forbes for $$$?
    Flopovich wants 2 1st-round draft picks for Forbesovich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is not being traded with that trade bonus. Only DeMar has any hope of being traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL and Memphis are out. Hornets, Cavs and Knicks will be the only teams that can offer DeRozan max money

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs don't have a single untradable contract on this team. What are you talking about?
    I’ve never said they were untreadeable. I’m just questioning the narrative on this board that those bad contracts become trade assets but what ultimately happens is nothing and they just expire.

No contract is untradeable. If you throw in enough value to sweeten the deal, somebody will take it off your hands. But if you would have to throw in so much that dumping the contract would do more damage than keeping it, you might as well call it untradeable. There were a lot of articles listing DeRozan's contract as one of the worst in the league. (Pretty simple Google search if you doubt it.) Now potential buyers are staring down his player option next year, which could leave the acquiring team hanging. That's a pretty tough contract to move for value. The Spurs tried to move Aldridge last year, and couldn't get any takers - at least none willing to pay the price. When nobody will give a price that would make the deal acceptable, that's pretty much untradeable.

This team is beyond the point where any minor tweaks are going to help. So giving up value to acquire a specific piece would be self-defeating. They have to be looking to future and fit. And they're about three years too late doing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could easily move Aldridge if they didn't fully guarantee his contract. 7 million guaranteed would've been super tradeable, but of course these idiots had to that up too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually PATFO ruined the team some time back. When they didn't move LMA and Dumbmar before LAST season to maximize value, the current end-game was set up.
    actually they ruined spurs when decided to refuse lakers deal for kawhi and took ddr.

i said that months ago that it would end like this and everyone was laughing at me...whos laughing now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is not being traded with that trade bonus. Only DeMar has any hope of being traded
    He can waive it like Anthony Davis did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    actually they ruined spurs when decided to refuse lakers deal for kawhi and took ddr.
    I wasn't saying the team was ruined when they didn't trade LMA and Dumbmar before last season. That was just what set up the current end-game. I think the beginning of the end goes back to signing LMA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody wants to deals with Spurs. They always wants to buy low and sell high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What ! Robbery for Minnesota

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can waive it like Anthony Davis did.

Of course I don't know, but I am surprised that all 3 of our vets didn't request trades. Maybe they did, and the Spurs just managed to keep it quiet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on the pick protections obviously, but a good deal for Minnesotta. Wiggins was never going to work there and this move will supposedly make KAT happy ( for another year probably ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS nabbing picks. They don't even need to rebuild and yet they're already better prepared for the future than the Spurs. FO here in SA...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where it the idiot that said Dubs wouldn't take Wiggins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why aren’t the fish biting the bait we’re casting? Right, you can’t use as bait.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 hours left. Not even smoke coming out...

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on the pick protections obviously, but a good deal for Minnesotta. Wiggins was never going to work there and this move will supposedly make KAT happy ( for another year probably ).
    Yep. But It’ll be harder to get Booker to complete their fantasy trio.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Aldridge's trade kicker is a . Right now, it would be about $5.1M and it would get paid by the Spurs. Aldridge's current salary of $24M would get used for matching purposes, but his new salary including the kicker is what would count against the acquiring team's cap.

There's a reason I keep talking about finding ways to dump him, just to clear the cap space. Paul Milsap is injured, probably for the rest of the year, and is expiring. The Spurs could trade Aldridge for Milsap, getting virtually nothing in return, but clearing Aldridge's $24M in cap space next year. Denver would actually benefit from having Aldridge on the roster instead of Milsap, and the Spurs could start building their future.

Thread Information