Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NBA season gonna be woke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because its one step away from calling civil rights activists of the 60's racists

it argues that people who are seeking to eliminate racial injustice are equal to those seeking to create or maintain racial injustice because both of their views/approaches have to do with race
    But it's not about eliminating racial injustice, only moving the shoe to the other foot. Balance or level playing field doesn't equate to quotas and iden y politics. Joe Biden must select a black female. If that's not racial injustice for all other minorities and whites (face it, whites get no consideration as a race, until racism is mentioned) what is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is BLM purported mostly by the whitest of white people. Why do you almost never see a major Black celebrity or athlete spouting Black Lives Matter. They are usually saying something else like I can't breathe, etc. That's all I want to know, is it guilt or something else.

As a minority myself it's funny how all the "woke" people are just now seeing minorities have experienced since they were kids.
    The difference here is that these two are saying the same thing but one is poorly wording what we believe his opinion to be. KKK believes the white man deserves to have an advantage, BLM believes the white man has an advantage without deserving it. Just stating it exists doesn't really show the truth, as "advantage" is not a bad thing if you earned it which is impossible as a race. Iden y politics just creates the same outcome as racism but for a different set of racial characteristics. Both sides believe they are right.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real deal is we may be in the middle of a second civil rights movement but people dont want to acknowledge it.
    The 60s civil rights movement was in no way perfect, there were groups that went extremely violent, not just the police.

I completely understand the sentiment as when I first came on this board, I asked the question of people on this board:

Who would you rather be born as and now getting ready to make a life for yourself in the US?

1. A black female
    2. A white male.

Explain your reasoning. Thats when I found out some people NEVER leave their computer and dont experience the world around them in this country.
    I live in South Texas. I have personally seen all kinds of actions other people are subject to that I never had thrown at me because I am an in shape, white male. That includes all the fat comments I "used" to hear at salad bars when fat people got up to eat. When you personally get a perfectly innocent black colleague and his family out of trouble with the police solely because you are white... and all the other ... Ive seen too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stupid video but definitely has its target audience
    Disagree. The point of the video, as I understood it, is that the wokes and racists actually agree on a certain conception of or way of understanding race. The conclusions they draw are radically different -- but the point of the joke is that both sides view race the same. There's validity in pointing out that shared assumption.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. The point of the video, as I understood it, is that the wokes and racists actually agree on a certain conception of or way of understanding race. The conclusions they draw are radically different -- but the point of the joke is that both sides view race the same. There's validity in pointing out that shared assumption.
    so both sides agree that race is a thing and that people of different races are subject to different treatment, either historically or systemically. that's the critique?

thats getting into "only racists talk about race" territory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it's not about eliminating racial injustice, only moving the shoe to the other foot. Balance or level playing field doesn't equate to quotas and iden y politics. Joe Biden must select a black female. If that's not racial injustice for all other minorities and whites (face it, whites get no consideration as a race, until racism is mentioned) what is?
    Tu quoque

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference here is that these two are saying the same thing but one is poorly wording what we believe his opinion to be. KKK believes the white man deserves to have an advantage, BLM believes the white man has an advantage without deserving it. Just stating it exists doesn't really show the truth, as "advantage" is not a bad thing if you earned it which is impossible as a race. Iden y politics just creates the same outcome as racism but for a different set of racial characteristics. Both sides believe they are right.
    False equivalence

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yeah sure.
    There are such a high % of college educated black females compared to white males.
    Thats just the point you fckn buffo toad.

Remember, black females just dont cut making it to college because they are female and black, two genetic predispositions that lead them to be dumb.
    You said it . And you are a church goer... Good lord...
    I think you confused me with someone else. I believe lower college attendance is a cultural issue. African-Americans tend to be distrustful of the system and attending College is a Western social norm. They choose to not sit in classrooms crunching math equations

I do believe black females have it worse than black males, possibly even significantly.

Thread Information