Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bringing a gun out late at night when alcohol is likely in the mix is beyond poor judgement and you don't have to be over 20 to know that.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bringing a gun out late at night when alcohol is likely in the mix is beyond poor judgement and you don't have to be over 20 to know that.
    Conservatives say that there isn’t a curfew for having your gun out. In fact the later it gets at night the more these ammosexuals encourage you to be armed. They say you can conceal your weapon or wear it like a sash into a McDonalds. It also makes you look cool.

Miller operated like millions of other gun owners do every single day. He broke no laws. Wasn’t under the influence and had no knowledge that weapon would trade hands a second time.

The problem here isn’t Miller. The problem is gun culture that has opened the door and encouraged this behavior. Along with those that don’t speak out against that gun culture but choose to condemn and attack the character of our youth when they’re influenced by it.

Your issue is the law and gun nutters who have created a world that worships the gun while perverting the second amendment as it’s protector. They’re grooming people from a young age to look at a gun as something just as innocuous as a stick of gum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservatives say that there isn’t a curfew for having your gun out. In fact the later it gets at night the more these ammosexuals encourage you to be armed. They say you can conceal your weapon or wear it like a sash into a McDonalds. It also makes you look cool.

Miller operated like millions of other gun owners do every single day. He broke no laws. Wasn’t under the influence and had no knowledge that weapon would trade hands a second time.

The problem here isn’t Miller. The problem is gun culture that has opened the door and encouraged this behavior and those that don’t speak out against that gun culture but choose to condemn and attack the character of our youth when they’re influenced by it.

Your issue is the law and gun nutters who have created a world where grooming people from a young age to look at a gun as something just as innocuous as a stick of gum.
    ever since the police indicated that Miller was not a suspect, it was never a question of criminality. nor is it even a political issue. it's a question of judgement. and i hasten to make it a cultural issue (although the south is obsessed with guns) because it's a slippery slope and one that makes Blacks even more vulnerable to racist stereotyping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony black looks slow. Like a 6’7 fathead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Cason Wallace pretty badly lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ever since the police indicated that Miller was not a suspect, it was never a question of criminality. nor is it even a political issue. it's a question of judgement. and i hasten to make it a cultural issue (although the south is obsessed with guns) because it's a slippery slope and one that makes Blacks even more vulnerable to racist stereotyping.
    Although I don’t disagree with you I’ll note that he made a “judgement” consistent with what this cultural raises our youth to find acceptable and normal.

When you raise people through the government and social promotion, glamorization and normalizing of guns we shouldn’t question their judgment but the judgment of those that have created the problem in the first place.

Miller treated his gun exactly how conservative gun humpers want guns to be treated.

Personally I think we should have a law restricting the transfer of guns outside of a range or hunting area. There’s no real accountability for gun ownership. But we’ve empowered horrible representation in this area.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although I don’t disagree with you I’ll note that he made a “judgement” consistent with what this cultural raises our youth to find acceptable and normal.

When you raise people through the government and social promotion, glamorization and normalizing of guns we shouldn’t question their judgment but the judgment of those that have created the problem in the first place.

Miller treated his gun exactly how conservative gun humpers want guns to be treated.

Personally I think we should have a law restricting the transfer of guns outside of a range or hunting area. There’s no real accountability for gun ownership. But we’ve empowered horrible representation in this area.
    agreed, and it sucks for young Black men, but there is a lot more at stake for them in this gun culture, on many levels. morant hasn't figured that out yet. i hope that miller does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently he pulled out of his remaining workouts…people thinking he got a promise from either Washington (#8) or Toronto (#13). Think he’d be such a good fit though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the reasons to like wallace and black are pretty similar tbh. i'd be pretty thrilled with either one. wallace comes in as the better shooter of the 2, but black imo is clearly the better passer/playmaker imo. they're both very good defensively. think pound for pound wallace is a better defender, but black's size gives him natural advantages. i think cason could defend most 1's and 2's, but i think black could switch onto even bigger players and hold up.

my preference is black just because i think you have a better chance of him improving as a shooter vs having wallace become a better pg.

while not perfect comps, its like marcus smart and josh giddey (if giddey was a very good defender)
    Last edited by spurraider21; 06-06-2023 at 05:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black man lends someone else a gun: GANGSTER THUG
    -eating cousin- ing cracker brandishes AR-15 at 9-year-old retrieving a soccer ball: PATRIOTIC VIGILANT HERO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the reasons to like wallace and black are pretty similar tbh. i'd be pretty thrilled with either one. wallace comes in as the better shooter of the 2, but black imo is clearly the better passer/playmaker imo. they're both very good defensively. think pound for pound wallace is a better defender, but black's size gives him natural advantages. i think cason could defend most 1's and 2's, but i think black could switch onto even bigger players and hold up.

my preference is black just because i think you have a better chance of him improving as a shooter vs having wallace become a better pg.

while not perfect comps, its like marcus smart and josh giddey (if giddey was a very good defender)
    This is pretty much how I see it. You can’t teach certain things that Black has. He’s an intangibles kinda guy like Sochan. Like Jeremy, Black can influence a game in none statistical ways.

With the right coaching staff he can solve the jumper problem pretty quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think Black > Wallace in a vacuum is a pretty sure thing, but when you factor in the cost of moving up for both of them it becomes a much harder decision and I’d lean towards Wallace. Black seems to be creeping up boards and a lot of mocks now have him comfortably going in the 6-10 range. It’ll likely be pretty damn costly to move up that high…meanwhile getting Wallace in the 12-16 range seems much more feasible without giving up the farm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Black > Wallace in a vacuum is a pretty sure thing, but when you factor in the cost of moving up for both of them it becomes a much harder decision and I’d lean towards Wallace. Black seems to be creeping up boards and a lot of mocks now have him comfortably going in the 6-10 range. It’ll likely be pretty damn costly to move up that high…meanwhile getting Wallace in the 12-16 range seems much more feasible without giving up the farm.
    if you want bang for buck i'd like Bufkin at that point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you want bang for buck i'd like Bufkin at that point
    I don’t disagree…Wallace and Bufkin are both of my “realistic dream” targets where it seems like they can be had for a reasonable price, especially if they fall into that 15-20 range. Would be ecstatic with either of them.

If Black does somehow fall into that 10-12 range though…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t look at Black through scoring goggles. You should look at Black the same way many here view Sochan. He’s that kinda player
    That's exactly the problem. You can live with one of those in your lineup. You can't with two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not as completely broken as Amen's or Ausar's. Not even close.

I mean, it's been said a thousand times: very good perimeter on-ball defense, incredible help defense potential, much bigger and stronger than most guards, strong sense of pace, draws fouls at a high rate, high end ability to manipulate defenses, notably fast processing on both ends of the floor, very high BBIQ, high intangibles, makes plays on both ends of the court.

I don't know where I place him, but ignoring the above is senseless.
    I just don't see the fit with Wemby and Sochan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly the problem. You can live with one of those in your lineup. You can't with two.
    Exactly. This is the last team that has any business expending significant assets for this archetype.

They need an advantage creator on the perimeter in the worst way. Either a dynamic pull-up three-point shooter or slasher/finisher with a high free throw rate.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keep your political opinions to the political forum, please.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty much how I see it. You can’t teach certain things that Black has. He’s an intangibles kinda guy like Sochan. Like Jeremy, Black can influence a game in none statistical ways.

With the right coaching staff he can solve the jumper problem pretty quickly.
    And to the previous point, I don't see Black and Scoot as the same player due to what you mention above. Given a choice between elite athleticism and elite basketball IQ one is justified in choosing IQ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep your political opinions to the political forum, please.
    Go yourself. It’s pertinent to the discussion. I didn’t randomly inject politics. Facts matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. This is the last team that has any business expending significant assets for this archetype.

They need an advantage creator on the perimeter in the worst way. Either a dynamic pull-up three-point shooter or slasher/finisher with a high free throw rate.
    I don’t look at Black as an offensive liability. That’s not to be dismissive of your point that we’d benefit from a dynamic pull up three point shooter. Black is a tremendous off ball player. He can slash and finishes well around the basket. He would fit just fine around Sochan.

Black will be okay offensively.

I’m not advocating to draft him because he’s a future number 1 scorer. I think he’d be a great fit and has a team first mentality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t look at Black as an offensive liability. That’s not to be dismissive of your point that we’d benefit from a dynamic pull up three point shooter. Black is a tremendous off ball player. He can slash and finishes well around the basket. He would fit just fine around Sochan.

Black will be okay offensively.

I’m not advocating to draft him because he’s a future number 1 scorer. I think he’d be a great fit and has a team first mentality.
    No, he wouldn't. There's only so much slashing, cutting and basketball IQ can do for you. At some point you gotta make shots.

I dread the thought of having Sochan and Black both killing the spacing for Wemby. If you can plan from scratch, why plan it with a huge shooting handicap from the get go?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he wouldn't. There's only so much slashing, cutting and basketball IQ can do for you. At some point you gotta make shots.

I dread the thought of having Sochan and Black both killing the spacing for Wemby. If you can plan from scratch, why plan it with a huge shooting handicap from the get go?
    I don’t have the same fears you do. I don’t view him as an offensive liability. Black would work for this roster the same way Giddey would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t have the same fears you do. I don’t view him as an offensive liability. Black would work for this roster the same way Giddey would.
    Sure. While we are at it, we should sign Draymond too and play a lineup of Tre, Black, Sochan, Draymond and Wemby. All high IQ players, with great defense, playmaking and finishing. I'm sure it would work just fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. While we are at it, we should sign Draymond too and play a lineup of Tre, Black, Sochan, Draymond and Wemby. All high IQ players, with great defense, playmaking and finishing. I'm sure it would work just fine.
    You act as if one move lives in an all consuming vacuum. This team isn’t going to stop shaping the roster when the draft is over. Black has the kinda game that fits well with a bunch of types of rosters. He’s not the final piece or anything like that.

The Spurs are traditionally shrewd with draft picks. I don’t see them moving up anyway.

Thread Information