Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No specifics, probably just hypothesizing. The reasons are obvious: Cap space, positional/skillset need, international player . . .

Will Chicago's Bold Move Keep Zach LaVine, Lauri Markkanen in Town? | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs are going to throw money at a big like that that can't defend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very interesting. The Spurs had to do something with their money, I guess. Does this mean DeMar is a goner?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    23 years old and has averaged 19 and 9 before. Is there untapped potential here? Chicago is pretty awful with player development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leave it to the Spurs to have the most cap space available.... during the worst free agency market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leave it to the Spurs to have the most cap space available.... during the worst free agency market.
    I mean, before players started opted in / signing extensions, it looked like one of the best FA pool ever. Just like 2022 looks like it now, but could instantly flip just like it did for this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All for using $$ to bully teams on their RFAs, but is this guy really better value than continuing to develop Luka?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure the Spurs will pursue Markannen, european guy, can shoot .... yes the D is a work on progress but he could be special imo ( also disappointing lol)

Same with Collins but imo he'll stay in ATL.

Very interesting. The Spurs had to do something with their money, I guess. Does this mean DeMar is a goner?
    I think they can sign both with their cap space.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San antonio will not sign a Lebron , Durant ... so even in one year or two they will target players ala Markannen, Collins...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, before players started opted in / signing extensions, it looked like one of the best FA pool ever. Just like 2022 looks like it now, but could instantly flip just like it did for this year.
    This. Trying to predict the NBA landscape 2-3 years from now is like trying to predict if it is going to rain in Texas.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - People too high on Markkanen.
    - He is not that great. There is a reason why he is not having a good career, even playing for multiple coaches.
    - Markkanen is not strong enough to defend the 5 nor agile enough to defend the 4.
    - He is not consistent nor have a special talent offensively.
    - For 2+1 contract at 13m per year, he could be a decent bet.
    - I would sign him over Rudy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that this is being publicized makes me believe this will never happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Brian Wrong is high on him then I can definitely see this being a terrible move for the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another player who can’t defend. I do like his offensive skill set though — 7-footers who stretch the flow l are always nice to have — but he’s definitely a liability on defense. Still only 23 though and showed a lot of promise his Rookie season. Could see the Spurs making a hard push tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that this is being publicized makes me believe this will never happen.
    Exactly.

And it's not like the Spurs have really been focused on foreign players the last couple of years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next season is going to be wild
    Murray
    White
    Keldon
    Lonnie
    Vassell
    Giddey
    Luka
    Lauri
    Jakob
    Oubre Jr
    McDermott
    Tre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s definitely not the answer the team needs but imo Lauri Markkanen probably becomes the best young player on the team if we had him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Earlier in the year I was higher on Lauri...as of late, not so much. The offensive fit is obvious as a starting 4 and small ball 5. I don't think it would effect our resigning ddr that much because I think he is moving on for a longer contract than we will offer.

A SL of Murray, LW, KJ, Lauri, and Poeltl has more shooting/spacing than what we have now and a 2nd unit of White, Vassell, Free Agent/ draft pick (Wagner), Luka, and Lauri would score alot of points.

My concern is the amount of money we'd have to pay to get Chicago to balk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of teams saved caproom for 2021, and it wasn’t a bad FA market until COVID caused a lot of players to extend instead of seeing what the market will bear, like most years. Greek freak was in this class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another player who can’t defend. I do like his offensive skill set though — 7-footers who stretch the flow l are always nice to have — but he’s definitely a liability on defense. Still only 23 though and showed a lot of promise his Rookie season. Could see the Spurs making a hard push tbh.
    His OBPM is surprisingly meh. His DBPM is unsurprisingly negative to the point that it drives his overall BPM into the negative. Isn’t he also restricted? If I’m going down that road, I’m going to drop that offer on John Collins. He has a chance to move the needle.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great! Pop can bury two talented white boys on the bench and play Gay and Patty over them for two more seasons!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes been comming off the bench for the last few games and has not even been getting 20 min. I dont think Chicago is that high on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the interest in Vucevic was a bluff by the Spurs to fool the Bulls into thinking Vucevic + DeMar would have worked because the Spurs were "interested". The Spurs could work a DeMar for Lauri kind of deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the interest in Vucevic was a bluff by the Spurs to fool the Bulls into thinking Vucevic + DeMar would have worked because the Spurs were "interested". The Spurs could work a DeMar for Lauri kind of deal.
    Something like Lauri + Aminu for DDR?

Im assuming $30M for DDR...$20M Lauri and $10M for Aminu's expiring deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like his agent doing work.

Thread Information