Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    lefty we need to strop the hipster slander, tbh..Dude is legit..

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    lefty we need to strop the hipster slander, tbh..Dude is legit..
    *Jurgen Klopp has left the chat*

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Valverde is the number one ranked coach on the World, tbh. Although everyone that knows ( Canyonero and me) knows Gallardo is the best.

I don't know how can Valverde survive another embarrassment like this, tbh. It is your responsability as a coach to have your players mentally engaged to not let mistakes of the past repeat themselves.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Valverde is the number one ranked coach on the World, tbh. Although everyone that knows ( Canyonero and me) knows Gallardo is the best.

I don't know how can Valverde survive another embarrassment like this, tbh. It is your responsability as a coach to have your players mentally engaged to not let mistakes of the past repeat themselves.
    I'm afraid Bartomeu will call GallarGOD as soon as he arrives at Barcelona.

He was never rated, tbh..

This is the coach of FC Barcelona not some random message board poster trying to explain away last night ..

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    He was never rated, tbh..

This is the coach of FC Barcelona not some random message board poster trying to explain away last night ..

He was rated by FIFA apparently, since they have him at 1.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    Well, not even Steve Kerr and the Golden State Warriors could stop the refs from handing the Cleveland Cavaliers the championship in 2016. Let's see if Tottenham can finish the job.

Also, I'm surprised Pellegrini is getting credit for parking 10 men in the box for 90 minutes and waiting for the opponent to make a catastrophic mistake like a bottom of the table team who just won the European lottery to represent English football in champions league.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Well, not even Steve Kerr and the Golden State Warriors could stop the refs from handing the Cleveland Cavaliers the championship in 2016. Let's see if Tottenham can finish the job.

Also, I'm surprised Pellegrini is getting credit for parking 10 men in the box for 90 minutes and waiting for the opponent to make a catastrophic mistake like a bottom of the table team who just won the European lottery to represent English football in champions league.
    Don't be bitter, it's already been shown it wasn't a handball as per current rule. City should do better by not ing up the first leg then allowing 3 goals to a shorthanded Spurs team at home tbh.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    Don't be bitter, it's already been shown it wasn't a handball as per current rule. City should do better by not ing up the first leg then allowing 3 goals to a shorthanded Spurs team at home tbh.
    There's little doubt it was handball. No, that type of handball wouldn't have resulted in a penalty kick but the rule is pretty clear when it comes to balls being knocked in off the hands. The goal would not have stood if the bush league VAR assistant gave the head referee the behind the net view of the ball hitting the arm and bouncing off the thigh into the back of the net. The head ref had no choice but to award the goal based on the replays he was given. The point of VAR was to get the call right and in that given instance, it failed.

Sure, the first goal Ederson should have saved with ease, the second was a giveaway and the third was a handball. City's defense has never been their strong suit. The only reason they get so many clean sheets is because they have so much ball possession. In the first leg, Pep went with an out of for Mahrez and a seldom used Delph and they managed only one shot on goal. Pep tried to play it safe but he would bave been better off losing the game 2-1 or 3-2 than playing for a 0-0 draw or 1-0 win. Cityvshould do better but, at the end of the day, it came down to a handball goal that should have been disallowed.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    There's little doubt it was handball. No, that type of handball wouldn't have resulted in a penalty kick but the rule is pretty clear when it comes to balls being knocked in off the hands. The goal would not have stood if the bush league VAR assistant gave the head referee the behind the net view of the ball hitting the arm and bouncing off the thigh into the back of the net. The head ref had no choice but to award the goal based on the replays he was given. The point of VAR was to get the call right and in that given instance, it failed.
    As posted before, this has been debunked HERE.

Sure, the first goal Ederson should have saved with ease, the second was a giveaway and the third was a handball. City's defense has never been their strong suit. The only reason they get so many clean sheets is because they have so much ball possession. In the first leg, Pep went with an out of for Mahrez and a seldom used Delph and they managed only one shot on goal. Pep tried to play it safe but he would bave been better off losing the game 2-1 or 3-2 than playing for a 0-0 draw or 1-0 win. Cityvshould do better but, at the end of the day, it came down to a handball goal that should have been disallowed.
    No for me - all of it mattered as you just mentioned. This is like the Rockets complaining about FTs they didn't get at the end of the game, not going 0-27 from three throughout. Pep continues to overthink things in CL for some strange reason. And City has a great defense...they don't give up goals. If that's due to possession...so be it.

How many times in the last 2 seasons have City given up 3 goals at home? I can only think of the CL matches vs Liverpool last year and vs Spurs this year. From someone that was hoping City would knock out Spurs...City can only blame themselves.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    As posted before, this has been debunked HERE.
    Except the article is wrong. The arm wasn't by his side. It was in front of his body. The ball hit his forearm which was lying against his stomach, bounced off his thigh, not hip like the article claims and into the back of the net. I wouldn't have had a problem with the goal if the arm was by his side because the arm becomes part of the body. That's like saying Danny Rose shouldn't have been charged with a penalty on Raheem Sterling's shot in leg one because it was natural for the hand to come up slightly when a player goes to the ground to block a shot. It was purely accidental.

No for me - all of it mattered as you just mentioned. This is like the Rockets complaining about FTs they didn't get at the end of the game, not going 0-27 from three throughout. Pep continues to overthink things in CL for some strange reason. And City has a great defense...they don't give up goals. If that's due to possession...so be it.

How many times in the last 2 seasons have City given up 3 goals at home? I can only think of the CL matches vs Liverpool last year and vs Spurs this year. From someone that was hoping City would knock out Spurs...City can only blame themselves.
    They only gave up two goals to Liverpool at home last year but when you average 70% possession in games, it doesn't leave many opportunities for your opponents to score. what they do well is winning the ball back after they lose it but it's hold your breathe time whenever an opponent breaks through the City press. Sometimes the best defense is to have a great offense. With that said, Laporte is , Otamendi is , and Stones is the closest thing to without actually being . Kyle walker isn't anything special either.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Will say this though. If Guardiola can implement his tiki-taka in England he should run circles around those dumb kick and run lovers, tbh.
    B2b les and counting.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    B2b les and counting.
    Having the most stacked team helps tbh

Having the most stacked team helps tbh
    Acting like it is impressive..

Sir Alex Ferguson won his last few les with the likes of John Oshea, Fletcher, Park and a bunch of other plug-and-play nobodies..

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    1 billion pound budget, several CL choke jobs, open investigations for financial doping which might result in a 1 year ban from the CL

FAP stroking his own

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I couldn't give less of a about Guardiola, tbh, but it's fair to give credit where credit is due.

City had millions and millions to spend way before Guardiola got there and they never were b2b champions before.

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    1 billion pound budget, several CL choke jobs, open investigations for financial doping which might result in a 1 year ban from the CL

FAP stroking his own
    United has deeper pockets than City and with Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial and Lingard, they can't even beat the likes of relegated Huddersfield Town or Cardiff City. If the the season was 42 games instead of 38, they probably finish 7th behind wolves. Heck, they literally signed two City targets (Fred, Sanchez) to massive contracts just to play keep away not even knowing how to implement them into their own starting eleven.

What does the financial doping have to do with Guardiola? That's like blaming Luke Walton for the Lakers dysfunction.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 05-15-2019 at 10:24 PM.

"It's the coach we want, it's a medium and long term project. He has a contract and we are very happy with him."

Madrid and the rest of Europe are their asses off..

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    No coach can fix Messi’s choking tbh

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    No coach can fix Messi’s choking tbh

Thread Information