Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if you keep buying out players, it sets the wrong expectation, which is that other teams can lowball us in trade offers or wait to get the player for free. We need to trade or do nothing in my opinion at this moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes to much sense for the spurs and suns to find a deal for Thad Young TBH the Suns just humiliated the lakers on TNT, suns are the real deal and I could totally see them wanting to add depth to their bench with Thad young and maybe Forbes as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes to much sense for the spurs and suns to find a deal for Thad Young TBH the Suns just humiliated the lakers on TNT, suns are the real deal and I could totally see them wanting to add depth to their bench with Thad young and maybe Forbes as well.
    Thad simply is not worth a FRP. Aldridge wasn’t. DDR wasn’t. Thad, despite a smaller and easier contract for matching purposes simply isn’t. The dumb-assess who make trade scenarios on BR are dumber than your
    local IG haul girl or sports aficionado tiktoker. The last few teams who have traded firsts over the last 3-4 years to bulk up would probably want those back. Beyond that, a buyout has always been imminent to anyone with the slightest sense of player value. Suns are likely offering Jalen Smith (a free agent we could easily sign in the offseason) and Saric who is on of the shelf and also on the books for 2 yrs. Why not just buy him out and sign Jalen Smith if you are at all interested?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

Actually, DDR was…

And your caveats/hedges are key: Thad is a more manageable deal to move, and Sarics long term money is part of the consideration for Suns adding the pick.

Btw, we’re talking about the 27-30th pick here, not some potential top 14 situation like what spurs wanted LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if you keep buying out players, it sets the wrong expectation, which is that other teams can lowball us in trade offers or wait to get the player for free. We need to trade or do nothing in my opinion at this moment.
    A Spurs play that earned it yes not someone like Thad. Can’t set the expectation that everyone will get that treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every time I see there is a new comment in this thread I am thinking Thad has done another interview asking out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every time I see there is a new comment in this thread I am thinking Thad has done another interview asking out
    You will know it has reached it's peak when Matt Bonner does a special on Philly Cheesesteaks and Thad is a guest on the show...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

Actually, DDR was…

And your caveats/hedges are key: Thad is a more manageable deal to move, and Sarics long term money is part of the consideration for Suns adding the pick.

Btw, we’re talking about the 27-30th pick here, not some potential top 14 situation like what spurs wanted LMA
    The Sun’s 22 FRP is spoken for fyi so it’d be a 23 FRP or later. DDR not being worth a FRP was an exaggeration on my part.

Phoenix needs their 23 FRP as it is cheap labour after they likely are forced to maxout Ayton. Between Ayton, Paul, Bridges and Booker they are going to have over 120mm locked up through 2025. Wasting a FRP on renting Thad is just dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sun’s 22 FRP is spoken for fyi so it’d be a 23 FRP or later. DDR not being worth a FRP was an exaggeration on my part.

Phoenix needs their 23 FRP as it is cheap labour after they likely are forced to maxout Ayton. Between Ayton, Paul, Bridges and Booker they are going to have over 120mm locked up through 2025. Wasting a FRP on renting Thad is just dumb.
    If they’ve already traded their 22, they cannot trade their 23.

Also, if you want a championship, you go all in. Look at the Lakers. Their 22 FRP is out going to NO. NO has swap rights for 23. Their 24 FRP pick is outgoing to NO. Personally, I think they’re totally ed, but they did push all of their chips to the middle of the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’ll eventually be traded for a SRP imo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably. I could see the Suns willing to do the 2024 1st but only with Lonnie included otherwise they'll gamble on Thad getting bought out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also, if you want a championship, you go all in. Look at the Lakers. Their 22 FRP is out going to NO. NO has swap rights for 23. Their 24 FRP pick is outgoing to NO. Personally, I think they’re totally ed, but they did push all of their chips to the middle of the table.
    This. Suns need to see that they have a window open right now. But it will only last for so long. They need to take advantage and make the most of their current team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see that but doesn't near matching salary have to come back as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol. same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah you are right. Read on BR 23 was earliest pick they could trade as OKC owns their 22 pick so long as it is 13-30. Given you need to draft in the first round every other year, 24 is the next available pick. It is going to be a balancing act for them for sure as Chris Paul's health and ability holds the keys to their future. My argument is that first will provide the opportunity for a possible cheap ready to contribute role player or could be packaged to add a better win now asset than a 6 month rental of Thad.

If PHX wants to offer Smith, Saric, and a future FRP for Thad i'm all for it just doin't see it happening. take Walker or Brynny to get to done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ho Hum.... as much as us Spurs fans would like a trade, to, let's say, the Suns, as it has been widely reported, so that we can get something back for him, I can see that at the end of the day, when the opportunity to trade comes & goes, Thad will be brought out to be free to choose as to what team he would like to go to, instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ho Hum.... as much as us Spurs fans would like a trade, to, let's say, the Suns, as it has been widely reported, so that we can get something back for him, I can see that at the end of the day, when the opportunity to trade comes & goes, Thad will be brought out to be free to choose as to what team he would like to go to, instead.
    I’ll be glad to see the backside of this whiney, complaining a-hole, whether by trade or waiver. If we get something? Fine. If not, it becomes addition by subtraction. During the flurry of waivers before the playoff roster deadline, something may drop through the cracks. The end of summer waivers were how we got Cacok.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buy out is probably where it’s headed, but what makes the Suns deal interesting for Suns is also getting off Sarics money next year. I think spurs will have to eat some long term money, in addition to sending Thad (and Forbes) out, to gain a FRP for either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if we should fault Thad too much for whining. Imagine if your current employer prevented you from looking for jobs online even though your time is up with them in six months. And the longer you wait, the longer the “blank spot” on your resume will be. Your current employer is controlling your future earnings and there’s nothing you can do about it, meanwhile you have a mortgage to pay, car debt to pay off, and kids to feed. I would be ing upset too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he just stated facts it's not like he said anything bad about Sa/Team/Coaching - I think people are putting way to much into his one comment. I still think he will get traded what we get I have no idea but hopefully you can package him and Forbes and get something................?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if we should fault Thad too much for whining. Imagine if your current employer prevented you from looking for jobs online even though your time is up with them in six months. And the longer you wait, the longer the “blank spot” on your resume will be. Your current employer is controlling your future earnings and there’s nothing you can do about it, meanwhile you have a mortgage to pay, car debt to pay off, and kids to feed. I would be ing upset too.
    If I’m making $14M, and my health is good, I’m not complaining about .

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah poor Thaddeus Young. Can't go look for a new contract for next year when literally no other upcoming free agent can either. Poor Thaddeus Young, the Spurs owe it to him to build up his value instead of working on the team's rebuild which Young obviously doesn't fit. Poor Thaddeus Young, wants his $14 million and the choice where to play and what role, the goals of the team paying him be damned.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ obviously to compare a multimillionaire to us mere mortals is always tough, but the fundamentals are the same once you dispense with the populist stuff:

Dude is looking for his last big deal, he feels his value was really high after a good season in CHI, and now he’s at risk of losing millions because of a trade to rebuild team. Honestly he’s probably not wrong that the trade cost will have him a few million here and there, but that’s not on the Spurs.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ obviously to compare a multimillionaire to us mere mortals is always tough, but the fundamentals are the same once you dispense with the populist stuff:

Dude is looking for his last big deal, he feels his value was really high after a good season in CHI, and now he’s at risk of losing millions because of a trade to rebuild team. Honestly he’s probably not wrong that the trade cost will have him a few million here and there, but that’s not on the Spurs.
    If he wants to choose his role he can always leave money on the table and negotiate a cheap buyout. Can't have the money and the free agency, gotta pick one or the other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude is ON his last big deal. He’ll be 34 before he’ll reach summer free agency.

Thread Information