Page 127 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    1st look at Namor in Black Panther 2

I always thought marvel did a pretty good job at explaining the physics behind all the characters that have flight powers to the point of making them at least somewhat believable.

But then there's Namor.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Love and Thunder was a step back from Ragnarok, imo.

It was basically a rom-com with Marvel clothing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can see why people didn't like Love and Thunder, but I actually did, was messy but still fun. Maybe they went too overboard with Thor being an idiot but at least they've gave him a distinct personality.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Love and Thunder was a step back from Ragnarok, imo.

It was basically a rom-com with Marvel clothing.
    Not as good as Ragnarok but a pretty good continuation of the story and the franchise. Referenced the first two heavily instead of ignoring them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Doubt that people here are keeping up with Ms. Marvel started off with a lot of promise but episode 5 is a disaster. Worst episode of any of the Disney + Marvel shows.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    L&T gets a 6.5/10 for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is Ms Marvel worth a watch? Haven't had the time yet and haven't heard/read very promising things about it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is Ms Marvel worth a watch? Haven't had the time yet and haven't heard/read very promising things about it.
    Overall, I really liked it. Terrible villain that sidetracks the story but other than that it has a lot of Spider-Man Homecoming vibes. The ending also has huge MCU implications.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Overall, I really liked it. Terrible villain that sidetracks the story but other than that it has a lot of Spider-Man Homecoming vibes. The ending also has huge MCU implications.
    I'm on a business trip right now and had some time to kill, so I watched thesix episodes. I didn't really like it. It had some good visuals, I liked what they did with the text messages, the murals on the walls etc. The FX were ok for a relativve low budget TV series, but the story didn't catch me at all.
    I have to admit, I'm not realy familiar with modern day muslim life, so please don't take this question the wrong way. They way they portrayed life in the family, the community and even in Pakistan seemed (very?) unrealistic to me. Is it (close to) reality that women have that much freedom? Or is this more like the typical Disney white washing and pushing the women empowering thing?

Anyway, I'd give the show a 4.5/10. Wasn't a complete waste of time, but average at best. Typical Marvel show with a "big" reveal at the end, so they hope everybody will watch it because of that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Ms Marvel was all right. Definitely enjoyed the Jersey City episodes more. Also would've liked actually visiting the Noor dimension, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    So basically just watch the last 30 minutes of the last episode, right?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ms Marvel was all right. Definitely enjoyed the Jersey City episodes more. Also would've liked actually visiting the Noor dimension, tbh.
    The first two episodes, parts of episode 3 and episode 6 were all good. They took a bad turn with the Djinn stuff. Either don't or go in really in-depth. They should've been saved as the season 2 villain.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm on a business trip right now and had some time to kill, so I watched thesix episodes. I didn't really like it. It had some good visuals, I liked what they did with the text messages, the murals on the walls etc. The FX were ok for a relativve low budget TV series, but the story didn't catch me at all.
    I have to admit, I'm not realy familiar with modern day muslim life, so please don't take this question the wrong way. They way they portrayed life in the family, the community and even in Pakistan seemed (very?) unrealistic to me. Is it (close to) reality that women have that much freedom? Or is this more like the typical Disney white washing and pushing the women empowering thing?

Anyway, I'd give the show a 4.5/10. Wasn't a complete waste of time, but average at best. Typical Marvel show with a "big" reveal at the end, so they hope everybody will watch it because of that.
    Based on everything I've seen and heard; the Muslim stuff is pretty accurate. I personally liked the series but the trip Karachi and the Djinn stuff in general should've been left off. The New Jersey stuff was really good imo. The ends were a bit bigger than the normal teases though. One basically changes the MCU going forward and the other essentially links Ms. Marvel to Shang Chi and Captain Marvel. They're at least using the shows to impact the MCU as opposed to Agent of Shield and the old MCU TV.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Based on everything I've seen and heard; the Muslim stuff is pretty accurate. I personally liked the series but the trip Karachi and the Djinn stuff in general should've been left off. The New Jersey stuff was really good imo. The ends were a bit bigger than the normal teases though. One basically changes the MCU going forward and the other essentially links Ms. Marvel to Shang Chi and Captain Marvel. They're at least using the shows to impact the MCU as opposed to Agent of Shield and the old MCU TV.
    OK, thanks for clearing that up.

I think Disney using the shows to impact the MCU is not much more than them wnating to gain as many D+ subscribers as posssible. Luckily my two nieces are 5 years old and I can use their account to watch the shows.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns

gotdamn

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    SDCC was crazy:

Captain America 4

Blade

Daredevil (18-episode first season)

[Fantastic 4

Avenger: Kang Dynasty

Avengers: Secret Wars

all in less than a year. Spider-Man 4 might come out in between the Avengers movies too.]
    Last edited by cd021; 07-24-2022 at 06:50 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Russo brother have to be back for Averngers, right? I mean they are on record saying that Secret Wars would be the only story they want come back for.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Russo brother have to be back for Averngers, right? I mean they are on record saying that Secret Wars would be the only story they want come back for.

I think it was stated that the Russo's are not involved with the next Avengers movies at this time.

Also, I've watched that Wakanda Forever trailer several times and I'm not sure that the new Black Panther is female as has been theorized.
    Last edited by steak n eggs; 07-24-2022 at 10:55 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I think it was stated that the Russo's are not involved with the next Avengers movies at this time.

Also, I've watched that Wakanda Forever trailer several times and I'm not sure that the new Black Panther is female as has been theorized. I actually hope they resurrect Killmonger to be the new Black Panther.
    Damn. Curious to hear who they've got in mind to helm that project then.

Same here. Giving Killmonger a redemption arc is exactly what I want from Marvel. It'd even make sense thematically that T'Challa saved him instead of letting him die after dealing that fatal wound. I mean he did call out his dad for what went down with his brother and abandoning KM as kid.

That being said, it's almost certainly gonna be Shuri. There's a still shot from the final clip where Black Panther's forearms are equipped with a modified version of the panther gauntlets that Shuri wore in the first movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fiege got interviewed on the red carpet afterwards and he was asked directly about the Russo's, and he said directly that they wouldn't.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Also, I've watched that Wakanda Forever trailer several times and I'm not sure that the new Black Panther is female as has been theorized.
    Damn. Curious to hear who they've got in mind to helm that project then.

Same here. Giving Killmonger a redemption arc is exactly what I want from Marvel. It'd even make sense thematically that T'Challa saved him instead of letting him die after dealing that fatal wound. I mean he did call out his dad for what went down with his brother and abandoning KM as kid.

That being said, it's almost certainly gonna be Shuri. There's a still shot from the final clip where Black Panther's forearms are equipped with a modified version of the panther gauntlets that Shuri wore in the first movie.
    Rumor have said that its Shuri for BP2 and M'Baku going forward. I'd definitely prefer M'Baku of the available options.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    SDCC was crazy:

Captain America 4

Blade

Daredevil (18-episode first season)

[Fantastic 4

Avenger: Kang Dynasty

Avengers: Secret Wars

all in less than a year. Spider-Man 4 might come out in between the Avengers movies too.]
    I hope they do Secret Wars as close as possible to the comics but I don't see how

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Fiege got interviewed on the red carpet afterwards and he was asked directly about the Russo's, and he said directly that they wouldn't.
    Before ‘Endgame’ premiered last year, the brothers were asked what it would take to come back to Marvel Studios. The only thing they could think of would be “Secret Wars.” Now, speaking to BroBible, the filmmaking duo explained why “Secret Wars” is really the only story that would suffice.
    https://theplaylist.net/russo-brothe...wars-20200720/

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

pretty ed up

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

pretty ed up
    Disney thanked a concentration camp while they were working on Mulan, so i dont think they have any morals.

Thread Information