View Poll Results: Bama at Texas. Who wins and by how much?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bama by 10

0 0%
  • Bama by 15

2 66.67%
  • Bama by 20

1 33.33%
  • Bama by 20+

0 0%
  • Texas wins

0 0%
  • Texas by 5+

0 0%
  • Texas by 10+

0 0%
  • I smoke crack, Texas by 20+

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That blitz was the perfect call. Gotta make that tackle on Young

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    on the play that should have been a safety, why was it not? He never got the ball out of the end zone.

In the first quarter, the refs missed a defensive PI. It should have been 1st and goal at the 2, instead Texas had to kick a FG.

Later, Texas threw a long pass and the defender pulled the WRs arms down so he couldn't catch it, no flag.

There was the facemask at around the 5 that wasn't called midway through the 4th Q. It would have been 1st and goal at the 2 or 3. Texas had to settle for a FG.

On the last long run by Bryce Young, as he escaped the blitzer, #65 held the out of the DE.....absolutely obvious.

Auburn missed an absolute chip shot at the end of the half........I mean he missed it by a huge margin.

Jamison dropped a gimme INT.

All of these plays were critical in the loss today. Bama played the sloppiest game I have ever seen them play. The got some help on some crucial plays from the zebras. Then, in clutch time, they woke up and did just enough to win the game.

I swear when Ewers went down, all I could think of was the Colt video during College Game Day. I felt like he was jinxed. Then Card came in and played well but got hurt. He showed his toughness out there, but I feel the play calling didn't help him. We should have utilized our backs in the flats a lot more, some screens, some slants. We did none of that. Bama is very tough to run on, but their CBs were flag prone today. We should have exploited it more.

This one stings a lot because we were so close. I feel really bad for Bama's next opponent though. If our D can play this way against UTSA, it will be a slaughter. But do not take the runners lightly, their offense has some firepower.

Hook em Horns

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count

Moar Texas phuck ups.
    23 yard line 3rd and 3 1:40 left in game. You have a chance for a 1st down thus icing down the clock for the game winning chip shot FG.

Instead, after the snap your running back #5 runs into your QB and falls down. Thus completely misses a block on that overated phuck #31 on Alabama. Allows #31 to get an easy sack.

Blown op to potentially end the game in effect with a 1st down.

Instead you kicked the nifty 47 yard FG but left Bama too much time on the clock.

On the last long run by Bryce Young, as he escaped the blitzer, #65 held the out of the DE.....absolutely obvious.
    Even held onto the jersey as DE was escaping. You could see it stretch before he released the hold.
    Thought it was very lame of the announcers to say nothing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Alabama Crimson Tide rolls and covers 17.5
    Inspired play by UT
    With everything else very likely a missed tackle on the blitz is the difference in this contest

Or the missed FG
    Or the safety should have been

Or Bama playing terrible

Fun game

Two injured QBs is ominous

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    All American #31 played like ass
    Wonder if he had $ on UT to cover

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Very impressive showing. Bros were making Rose Bowl jokes. Welcome back Longhorns.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That missed chip shot FG was the ultimate difference tbh

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    That missed chip shot FG was the ultimate difference tbh
    Or the safety that should have been called.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    That ut punter today tho. I haven't even seen pros punt like that in a long time.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ewers and the defense looks legit. even card seemed drastically improved once he got some confidence when they let him air it out (although still not great, simply improved from being worthless last year)

barring major injuries, anything short of the big12 le is a huge disappointment imho. this team has very solid talent and speed in every unit. oline is looking like the weakest unit, and even they look at least about average despite all the youth, and should only improve.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah UT looked good against LSU natty champ year
    How did that year end up?

Hopefully the QBs can heal

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah UT looked good against LSU natty champ year
    How did that year end up?

Hopefully the QBs can heal
    completely different situations

the LSU game was Texas being generally mediocre and carried by ehlinger. Texas never controlled the game and never led in the second half.

this game was Texas defense being dominant and the offense moving at will until ewers got hurt. Texas was in control of the game and led most of the second half.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

the LSU game was Texas being generally mediocre and carried by ehlinger. Texas never controlled the game and never led in the second half.

this game was Texas defense being dominant and the offense moving at will until ewers got hurt. Texas was in control of the game and led most of the second half.
    Maybe u right
    But I have seen too many stinkers from UT to be so bold
    UTSA looked good last week agai Houston
    One week at a time

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Maybe u right
    But I have seen too many stinkers from UT to be so bold
    UTSA looked good last week agai Houston
    One week at a time
    I always had high hopes but this is the first time I don't feel too skeptical about it. they look legitimately improved all over the field. those few years there were just ehlinger carrying them despite herman being a moron. Alabama had a lot of odd penalties, but usually that's Texas, which was very different. also, Texas deserves credit for some of those penalties, as bama clearly couldn't stick worthy and their other receivers and kept interfering. that's not been the case even when they had LJH CJ and duv. ik it's early, but just a very different feel from other seasons where they showed promising starts. the speed, tackling fundamentals (when's the last time they made open field tackles like they have been doing these two games?) and general discipline is just on another level from what I have seen from them in over 10 years. and ewers clearly is the most talented QB since vince, and its not even close.

time will tell, I want to not get too excited, but there's just a different feel to me

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Even held onto the jersey as DE was escaping. You could see it stretch before he released the hold.
    Thought it was very lame of the announcers to say nothing.
    they were too busy choking on bryce young's nuts

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I always had high hopes but this is the first time I don't feel too skeptical about it. they look legitimately improved all over the field. those few years there were just ehlinger carrying them despite herman being a moron. Alabama had a lot of odd penalties, but usually that's Texas, which was very different. also, Texas deserves credit for some of those penalties, as bama clearly couldn't stick worthy and their other receivers and kept interfering. that's not been the case even when they had LJH CJ and duv. ik it's early, but just a very different feel from other seasons where they showed promising starts. the speed, tackling fundamentals (when's the last time they made open field tackles like they have been doing these two games?) and general discipline is just on another level from what I have seen from them in over 10 years. and ewers clearly is the most talented QB since vince, and its not even close.

time will tell, I want to not get too excited, but there's just a different feel to me
    what impressed me was how compe ive we were when Ewers went down. They normally crumble. Today they held strong, even when Card played lame for most of the game. To be honest, I haven't seen them play so well after the starter goes down since they lost to Bama in the Colt game. Yes, they lost by 16.....but let's remember it was a 1 score game late in the 4th and Texas had the ball.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    That ut punter today tho. I haven't even seen pros punt like that in a long time.
    his first two were complete ass.....after that, he found his leg

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count

It would have been nice to see Card healthy in a backup role. I am not a fan of Card, but the way he played today on 1 leg against #1 Alabama and that D.......I am a fan of his now.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I was surprised they didn't get pushed around too much up front on either side of the ball. If they are getting the lines fixed then they may be decent again quick.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yeah card showed some guts. even when he was hurt there was a couple times he stayed in the pocket to make a patient throw while taking a shot.

he seems like a capable backup potentially

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    his first two were complete ass.....after that, he found his leg
    He booted the one 60 yard and then the one that dead landed at the 1 yard line

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    He booted the one 60 yard and then the one that dead landed at the 1 yard line
    those were his 3rd and 4th punts

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    those were his 3rd and 4th punts
    Oh ok. I guess you take the two bad punts with the two stellar punts and you get an average punter huh

Thread Information