Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, a significant mistake. Maybe they should have offered his shirt for sale in the arena shop instead of treating him like a nobody.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really, he's still the same player as he was in SA, only shooting more 3s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a perfect example of how archaic and overrated their player development has become.

The apologists will use his shoulder as an excuse, but plenty of teams have had plenty of minimal - non shooters at least develop into competent ones with modern shot profiles in recent years.

They haven't done it with a single one and it's an organizational failure.

Not to let Murray off the hook, but their allowing DeRozan to play like it's '01 and doing nothing but heaping praise on him while doing so, has inadvertently influenced the former into doing the same.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/g...r-grizz-190424

Same Crack Medical Staff that ed Up Gasols feet

heavily contributed to the alienation of Kawhi

Apparently didn't let Kyle get shoulder surgery for something that was ing with him 3 or 4 years prior to getting it fixed in 2019

You guys suck so much
    I don’t know. His shooting form still looked horrendous to me. But that’s a separate issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be nice to have him now, but his shot got even worse his first 2 seasons in Memphis. Last season looked as though he was just about to be out of the league it was getting so bad. His team defence & quick hands have always been great.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was acceptable at the time because $9/yr for his play back in 2018 didn't make sense. Of course. 20/21 version of Kyle makes sense for this contract.

Hey, maybe he's just playing this good for s contract extension?

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always felt the Spurs kept the wrong young forward when choosing between KA and Bertans.
    Honestly either or both of them would have been a fairly valued asset on this team personally I prefer Bertans because of the better three pointer however it's not particularly a big difference. Burton's being a greater 3-point threat especially on catch and shoot has a little more gravity against defenses for driving Lanes in my opinion however we aren't talking about night and day difference. And I think keldon most likely would have displaced either as a possible starter. What either of them provide is an NBA ready combo forward, which the Spurs desperately need. Gay you could tell had games where he didn't have legs, DeRozen is a 2/3 not a 3/4. I don't disagree with the idea that at this age at this point in his career it makes some sense in some match-ups for him to play at the 4 some but he doesn't feel with contact well enough on either end for it to be natural for him. If the Spurs would have kept Anderson and let Bertans go, you would have seen basically the exact same play out with mealy mouth Morris. In that you have a young player who is unproven as a starter and doesn't have much more than a starter level ceiling, get moved for a veteran that is known to be an above average starter with a level of toughness that is somewhat lacking on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These calls are hard to make. I wouldn't have wanted Julius Randle three years ago, but I'd take him now. This is another reason why building through the draft is more difficult these days. Most of the best players have one year of college, and still need a few years of development, and then it's hard to know if they'll stick around. I think the more modern trick might be identifying players in their second, third, or fourth years who still haven't completely blossomed, but might be on the verge. To be honest, Anderson was maddeningly passive and reluctant to shoot when he was with the Spurs-- he's a different player now, but that would've been a hard thing to predict.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You all made mistake. I said that Anderson was the Spurs best defender outside Leonard, who wasn't playing at the time. Spurs then chose to keep bertans instead to address shooting. Then unfortunately Leonard got traded for DDR who didn't have the D to play along side bertans. They then traded bertans to make room for Morris, and we all know how that went.
    Yeah, KA is the defensive minded combo 3/4 that has been elusive to the Spurs in the DDR era. He was always great at guarding Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These calls are hard to make. I wouldn't have wanted Julius Randle three years ago, but I'd take him now. This is another reason why building through the draft is more difficult these days. Most of the best players have one year of college, and still need a few years of development, and then it's hard to know if they'll stick around. I think the more modern trick might be identifying players in their second, third, or fourth years who still haven't completely blossomed, but might be on the verge. To be honest, Anderson was maddeningly passive and reluctant to shoot when he was with the Spurs-- he's a different player now, but that would've been a hard thing to predict.
    I think that's what they tried to do with Lyles. And now they're trying it with KBD and the guy the Rockets waived.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's what they tried to do with Lyles. And now they're trying it with KBD and the guy the Rockets waived.
    Yeah, agreed-- it's one of those things that is bound to have a low percentage rate of success, but if you strike gold even just once every five years the payoff is great, and with a somewhat minimum risk involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was also talking last night lmao, he blocked KJ on a FB and was turned around and talked big to him I was surprised they didn't T him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couldn't wait for him to leave, can't wait for him to never come back

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are several Anderson's in the current team. As in good, disciplined players that won't set the world on fire. Just good, obedient plug ins. Spurs these days is a team full of plug ins with an outmoded game plan and (un) proven leaders that cannot lead due to lack of skill or leadership qualities or being past their prime or the 3 at the same time. Bottom line, a middle of the road conservative franchise with no true alphas or spark (in the right sense of the word).
    In this scenario, an Anderson type player is inconsequential. In fact, 95% of the roster is inconsequential and the coaching style appears out of the Time Tunnel.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No because when he was on the spurs his only purpose was to be Pops whipping boy. He is playing better cause he doesn't have a coach who takes him out of the game every time he makes a mistake like Pop did. So he plays his brand of basketball in memphis instead of just playing to not make a mistake like he did in San Antonio. Lonnie is probably destined to do the same when he leaves.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No because when he was on the spurs his only purpose was to be Pops whipping boy. He is playing better cause he doesn't have a coach who takes him out of the game every time he makes a mistake like Pop did. So he plays his brand of basketball in memphis instead of just playing to not make a mistake like he did in San Antonio. Lonnie is probably destined to do the same when he leaves.
    Lol he plays exactly the same way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs actually chose morris, who screwed us. morris would have been better than any of them. easily.
    This

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It had come to a natural conclusion for both parties. Happy for him, as I am for others fitting the profile that came before (Joesph, Bertans).

I did find the piece in the game cast about his surgery interesting. Apparently has helped with shooting stroke and handle considerably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I so want Kyle and the Grizzlies to eliminate GSW. Might be fools gold as its only half time.... I don’t want to jinx though. Carry on. Nothing to see here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are guarding Steph extremely well. Maybe we need to give DeMar and Murray some slack for having a poor shooting night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are guarding Steph extremely well. Maybe we need to give DeMar and Murray some slack for having a poor shooting night.
    It would be tremendous if the Grizzlies arrived on the scene so to speak. As much adversity as the Spurs had with both injuries and a super condensed schedule to end the season, the Grizzlies had more. Missing Jackson all but 11 games of the season, he came back super rusty and off with his shooting. Their coach was in mad experimental mode to end the season. Allen a sniper that has started most games for them and shot around 42% on the season from 3 got injured in the stretch when they were trying to secure their 8th seed. Much like the Spurs they lost a few games they should have won bc of the no rest/exhausting condensed schedule. The FO wanting to play rookies and dismissing Dieng (was great for them)... playing combinations for “data ac ulation”... It’s possible they might be better rested and whole (which they are finally) than the record indicates. They are going to have to upset GSW at their arena and send them packing to earn credibility, but I so want that to happen. I can’t stand Draymond’s shenanigans and the reffing help they get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was pretty clear at the time that the Spurs were going to miss Kyle Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Memphis!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This guy is so good. Goes to show your starting SF doesn't have to be 6'8"+.

Thread Information