Page 33 of 108 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, what do you think the REAL numbers are?
    The false dilemma again?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The false dilemma again?

I know you won't even try.

Why are Finland's numbers so much lower than Sweden's?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole point of the lockdown was to flatten the curve, but the cases are just stretched out over time. So you're picking a point along the timeline and saying "ah ha! You have more deaths!" but Sweden's medical system wasn't overwhelmed. They did not need to flatten the curve.

It doesn't matter why random country A is different than random country B, but you'll cherry pick to suit your narrative as always. It's just as relevant to ask why NY is so much higher than Texas. Unless you can show Sweden locked down vs Sweden not locked down, and stretch that out over time to see the actual numbers instead of a cherry picked moment on the timeline, then you're comparing apples to Volvos.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole point of the lockdown was to flatten the curve, but the cases are just stretched out over time. So you're picking a point along the timeline and saying "ah ha! You have more deaths!" but Sweden's medical system wasn't overwhelmed. They did not need to flatten the curve.

It doesn't matter why random country A is different than random country B, but you'll cherry pick to suit your narrative as always. It's just as relevant to ask why NY is so much higher than Texas.
    Oh, your argument is that over time the same percentage of people will die no matter what any government does as long as the hospitals aren't overwhelmed?

Is that it? Nothing matters?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, your argument is that over time the same percentage of people will die no matter what any government does as long as the hospitals aren't overwhelmed?

Weekly all cause death rates say yes for usa and sweden. But you already knew that because I told you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've been talking about the country right next door.

I also brought up the one on its other side and the one about a mile across a body of water away.

We can stick with Finland though, if you're not afraid.

Why are Finland's numbers so much lower?
    You still haven't addressed finlands difference in counting death.

1. You divided by 2 for the ltc facilities although bad math.

But

You didn't address

2. Finland requires deaths to test pos AND die from a complication.

This is different than sweden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol large variances from the average. You can't get a daily average from this. You can only get a reported average lol. Swing and a miss.....
    "this" being? If you are referring to bookkeeping/reporting lags, you most definitely can. Your denial of this would surprise a lot of controllers and actuaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol see it all the time in published science. No. You see limitations based on irbs decision to exclude irrelevant data. Again this is not an insurance scam.

What are the time periods reflected by the bars in that graph? i.e. how long of a time period does that data represent and when is the cutoff?

(ignoring the obvious typo in his X axis labels)-RG

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "this" being? If you are referring to bookkeeping/reporting lags, you most definitely can. Your denial of this would surprise a lot of controllers and actuaries.
    Lol. Try this:
    Open an account at the bank
    Put 0 dollars in the account
    Try to take out 20 dollars.
    Then go back tomorrow deposit 40 dollars and ask why you couldn't take out 20 yesterday since you have a 20 dollar per day balance.

Or better yet put in 10 dollars and count the 10 dollars twice and ask why you don't have 20 dollars to take out of the account.

Similar manipulation with this data. Lagging and backlogged data only extends the impression that the virus is ongoing at x level.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the time periods reflected by the bars in that graph? i.e. how long of a time period does that data represent and when is the cutoff?

(ignoring the obvious typo in his X axis labels)-RG
    Annually weeks 40 through 18 just like he said in the tweet, October to may.. you couldn't understand that? Never would have guessed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweden admits it ed up but sees no need to change,aka, insanity

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...NK~FIN~NOR~SWE

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweden admits it ed up but see no need to change,aka, insanity

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...NK~FIN~NOR~SWE
    They didn't. They're just admitting what everyone should, they could have done better with ltc. Norway admits they lockdown over fear not science.. sorry you're wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The point of the lockdown was to flatten the curve in the US so the medical care system wasn't overwhelmed which would have led to more deaths. If Sweden's medical care system wasn't overwhelmed, what would be the point of their lockdown?

another narrative hijack attempt thwarted

tick tock...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Early on, as I stated back then, the process moved from scientific method to political virus death count world olympics. Posts even on this forum are an excellent example of how the narrative moved from collective efforts to use science to combat the disease to finger pointing across the isle and across seas at numbers, and how data collection and reporting was adversely affected in the process due to political pressure. Reporting schemes that best suit individual governments and parties should not be compared to others, and they know this. If this was a scientific study with controlled standard reporting schemes from non-biased agents, the results could be compared more reasonably. Right now they are talking points. Deaths are now scores. China saw this early on as they were harshly being judged by the world due to numbers alone, and they simply stopped reporting accurate numbers and flat lined. As a result they dropped out of the discussion and over a billion people were dismissed with the wave of a virtual hand as if it was a tournament they dropped out of. The WHO was complicit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the point of the slowdown and social-distancing is to reduce disease and deaths.

typical rightwingnutjob assholes, who value $$$ over life, say

"let's just keep disease and deaths at a rate that the hospitals can handle" until ... ?

Business is much more important than deaths of 100Ks of humans
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-04-2020 at 01:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the point of the lowdown and social-distancing is to reduce disease and deaths.

"let's just keep disease and deaths at a rate that the hospitals can handle" until ... ?

The term “flatten the curve,” originating from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (26), has been used widely to describe the effects of social distancing interventions. Our results highlight how the timing of social distancing interventions can affect the epidemic curve. In our model, interventions put in place and lifted early in the epidemic only delayed the epidemic and did not flatten the epidemic curve. When an intervention was put in place later, we noted a flattening of the epidemic curve. Our results showed that the effectiveness of the intervention will depend on the ratio of susceptible, infected, and recovered persons in the population at the beginning of the intervention. Therefore, an accurate estimate of the number of current and recovered cases is crucial for evaluating possible interventions. As of April 2, 2020, the United States had performed 3,825 tests for SARS-CoV-2 per 1 million population (27). By comparison, Italy had performed 9,829 tests/1 million population (27). Expanding testing capabilities in all affected countries is critical to slowing and controlling the pandemic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the point of the lowdown and social-distancing is to reduce disease and deaths.

The original modeler admitted that these deaths would happen quickly regardless of covid. I.e. this is not a concern of fatality for those who are not experiencing end of life health issues. That sums it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boutons, es about the acts taken to recover economically then posts incessantly about the economy. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying South Korea is hiding say 7700 COVID-19 deaths?
    Didn't seem believable about another country did it? Suddenly is believable about our own.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't seem believable about another country did it? Suddenly is believable about our own.
    Because there is no ing difference from aggressive testing and contact tracing vs doing nothing and saying it's a Democratic hoax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because there is no ing difference from aggressive testing and contact tracing vs doing nothing and saying it's a Democratic hoax.
    And you just took their word for it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you just took their word for it.
    No one could have handled the pandemic better than Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bush lied the economy died tbh

Thread Information