My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump. We have the cap space to get him.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the money the Spurs would spend on him, I'd rather see them go after Tyreke Evans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be ok with it if Chip likes Evans but Re is a better shooter tho so less upside but better fit with TP. Also he's UFA while Evans is RFA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Evans is a reach as a RFA and will simply cost too much for the Spurs for the Kings not to match an offer. Re on the other hand is an interesting FA who just might fit like a glove in the spurs offense and is not a huge defensive liability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re will want close to the same money at Evans as he is 29 and this is probably his last shot at a decent sized contract. For that money I will take the guy that is five years younger and more versatile. Re has become a better defender but it's probably a wash between him and Evans tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Difference is one player is a RFA and can fall back on his current team for a high priced contract in a bidding war and the other cannot. Red in my opinion can be had for 6-8 mil per year. Evans will run 10+ since the kings can counter on any offer and other teams know this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's probably closer to 8 million per year for him...and if that's the case I'll pass. The Spurs are headed to rebuild mode in the next couple seasons and I'd rather not see them with a somewhat limited SG on the roster that is on the wrong side of 30 getting eating valuable cap space with his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no to Re . I thought we all figured out that he's not really that good of a player. Do people realize that he wouldn't have been any better than Neal in the Finals?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he would have been that bad, but I don't think he's worth what he will look to earn this offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no to Re . I thought we all figured out that he's not really that good of a player. Do people realize that he wouldn't have been any better than Neal in the Finals?
    I am by no means a Re fan, but in no way should he be compared to Neal. Re Is a much better all around player than Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am by no means a Re fan, but in no way should he be compared to Neal. Re Is a much better all around player than Neal.
    He's about the same as Neal in the playoffs (13/2/3 per 36 for Re and 15/4/2 for Neal) first off. Second off, I mean that he wasn't going to get any more open in the Finals than Neal was, and he's not any better at hitting contested shots. He's also pretty anti-clutch.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, but I am saying that he's not what the team needs to the point that they should spend a lot of money to bring him in. Having a lack of undersized shooters wasn't the problem against the Heat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not having a good backup point/combo guard was a problem, maybe even the biggest one, but I'm not sure Re is the answer, maybe Leonard simply plays point forward when TP is on the bench but his handles are pretty suspect so Idk. Also he can pass well and that's important on his team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The combination of Tyreke Evans and the current Manu would kinda mess up the spacing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not having a good backup point/combo guard was a problem, maybe even the biggest one, but I'm not sure Re is the answer, maybe Leonard simply plays point forward when TP is on the bench but his handles are pretty suspect so Idk. Also he can pass well and that's important on his team.
    Re is not a combo-guard; he's an undersized two-guard. That's like saying Blair is a combo-forward. The Spurs desperately needed a backup point-guard like TJ Ford. And even though I like Joseph, I'd be for the team trying to find a good vet to take the reigns for next season. But that's not the same thing as paying a lot of money for a short guard who's only strong attributes would have been pretty useless in the Finals.

The combination of Tyreke Evans and the current Manu would kinda mess up the spacing.
    It'd be fine if the Spurs get shooters to play the three and four. Ginobili isn't a bad three-point shooter; he just takes a lot of silly step-back shots. Having Evans to run the offense through would let him spot up more, which would force closeouts, which would let him drive past his man. Evans himself isn't a horrible shooter, either, but he could definitely use some help.

More importantly, his scoring would really help the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need a creator. Sure Evans isn't the shooter Re is, but he's capable of getting his own shot off the drible and facilitating. Issue with Evans is that sactown isn't looking to shred salary in the hopes of selling the team anymore, and I suspect they match an offer upto 10m.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evans himself isn't a horrible shooter, either, but he could definitely use some help. More importantly, his scoring would really help the bench.
    True, in fact in the past three years his fg% has actually gone up each year. He's just shooting less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re would be a good fit.

Now, if Manu is back, which is likely, I really don't want Spurs throwing a lot of money on a perimeter player. They should just sign a cheap backup SF like Casspi. With Parker, Leonard, Green, Ginobili, Jospeh, De Colo and Casspi, Spurs will have way enough quality and quan y on the perimeter.

The money/resources should be spend on getting a bigman.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re would not be a good fit. For a guy who despises Neal and wants the logjam at guard alleviated, I'm not sure why you think he would be. Sure, he's slightly better than a healthy Neal, but he's not worth the difference in what they're likely to command.

Besides, the same problems they have with Neal, they'd have with him. Against the good defensive, that possess elite athleticism, he and Ginobili wouldn't work as PG's in tandem and he obviously can't defend PG's, either.

If they want that type of player, then Dunleavy, who's more cost effective and fills a positional need, makes more sense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red lives in Austin, he might consider a cheaper deal to stay closer to home.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re would be a good fit.

Now, if Manu is back, which is likely, I really don't want Spurs throwing a lot of money on a perimeter player. They should just sign a cheap backup SF like Casspi. With Parker, Leonard, Green, Ginobili, Jospeh, De Colo and Casspi, Spurs will have way enough quality and quan y on the perimeter.

The money/resources should be spend on getting a bigman.
    Bruno what bigman do you think would help the team and do you see any international players at Center or PF that would help us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think Neal with better defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Otherwise known as someone who wouldn't make the Spurs any better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, probably worse.

Neal wasn't that good on offense during the playoffs, either, supposedly his strength.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. no. Thank almighty God you guys aren't general managers.

Thread Information