Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was also carrying a groin injury most of last season.
    yes but his 3-point % went down the seasons before already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes but his 3-point % went down the seasons before already
    Exactly. It wasn't one season, it was three, which is why his fate was sealed (the trade) when he opted into his contract last summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy for Danny playing so well this season

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. It wasn't one season, it was three, which is why his fate was sealed (the trade) when he opted into his contract last summer.

That was because he spent so much time learning how to score off the dribble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 2nd in the league in 3-point shooting, didn't realize he was that high..46%, Jesus Spurs would be the 3rd best in the West with this year's version of Green IMO, but too bad he couldn't play the same way in this system anymore..
    he only plays like this cause of kawhi on the floor same time as him, same with simmons

when these guys are on the floor with no other defensive perimeter player, they get exposed trying to defend or gamble defensively

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smh still can't believe we threw him in like he was just some random trade filler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smh still can't believe we threw him in like he was just some random trade filler.
    It’s exactly what he was. The level of revisionist history around here is astounding. Danny was roundly despised on this forum...right up until the moment he was traded. If you want to blame someone for him being included in the trade blame him. If he hadn’t opted in, it would have been Patty or Pau.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s exactly what he was. The level of revisionist history around here is astounding. Danny was roundly despised on this forum...right up until the moment he was traded. If you want to blame someone for him being included in the trade blame him. If he hadn’t opted in, it would have been Patty or Pau.
    Danny did not "opt in." He was traded. He found out when he was told. His reaction was that he was "shocked."

You complain about revisionist history. Go look in the mirror.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny did not "opt in." He was traded. He found out when he was told. His reaction was that he was "shocked."

He means opted into the final year of his contract. Danny opted in and the Spurs used his contract to make salaries work.

Pop would never trade his guy Patty and Masai wasn't stupid enough to touch Pau with a 100 foot pole. Masai really bent RC over a barrel with that trade, that really isn't debatable IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He did opt into his final year. His name was out there at last year’s trade deadline. Spurs probably wanted to much for him. If he was “shocked” Danny needs to get better situation awareness. His buddy Nephew was demanding a trade. Usually other players have to be included for the trade to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... Masai really bent RC over a barrel with that trade, that really isn't debatable IMO.
    Yes, it's debatable. Everything now is hindsight. At the time, the Raps had no guarantee Leonard would ever play a minute for them, no matter what any agreement said on paper. It looks better for them now because we know how it turned out.

If Green had continued the decline he was showing in SA, and Leonard had said screw Toronto, the Raps would have been talked about forever as the dumbest suckers in sports. But they got lucky.

You think Masai was clever. The truth is that he was lucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny and his Defense would be nice to have tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did opt into his final year. His name was out there at last year’s trade deadline. Spurs probably wanted to much for him. If he was “shocked” Danny needs to get better situation awareness. His buddy Nephew was demanding a trade. Usually other players have to be included for the trade to happen.
    So your argument is that the Spurs wouldn't have included Danny in the deal if he was already gone. You're a whiz.

Yeah, the Spurs would not have traded a player they didn't have. That's right.

Geez.

The reason Danny opted in is because he expected to stay with the Spurs. You're the one who needs situational awareness.

"Buddy??" You're also a lying dumpwad. When were they buddies? Did Leonard go out to clubs with Danny? Not that I ever heard. I don't think Leonard was buddies with any of the Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and I think realistically since he's the only one that really got along with Kawhi, it would have been him to be included in the trade. I can't imagine them including anyone else that he wasn't on good terms with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs looked at Danny and assumed he'd opt out and get $$$$. They obviously always liked him but had to cut $$ and were bringing in a SG in Derozan back. The FO made a decision to play young guys like lonnie, white and murray, then the injuries happened. It isn't rocket science that sometimes you have to let veterans go to develop players. If it weren't for the injuries and having to play Mills so much the strategy would be clearer. But we had injuries, Derozan had his ups and downs, and now we are here, with a a so-so backcourt.

We aren't a win now team obviously and can't afford to overpay role players. Mills is the last holdout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green wasn't despised by any but his very dedicated haters. But I do think we all saw the limits of him in this current roster and were content to try something else. I was like the priest of Green's church on here, but I was cool with letting him walk this summer so Lonnie could move up. I also believe that White can do a lot of Danny's job on D while having a bit more potential on O (the shooting needs to be fixed). That said, I do believe most didn't like his inclusion in the trade at jump street. Saying that isn't revisionist history. The Spurs should have been able to get OG, Siakam and DeRozan for Leonard and Mills. That's just how much better Leonard was than DeRozan.

The trade as it happened has worked out okay, and it can be better if the pick ends up doing something helpful. But everything from including Poeltl instead of the other prospects, to taking Green over Mills or Pau to heavily protecting the pick to PATFO having to give the Raptors $5 Million just feels like Masai got everything he wanted during negotiations. You don't normally see superstar trades where the other team has to give up that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So your argument is that the Spurs wouldn't have included Danny in the deal if he was already gone. You're a whiz.

Yeah, the Spurs would not have traded a player they didn't have. That's right.

Geez.

The reason Danny opted in is because he expected to stay with the Spurs. You're the one who needs situational awareness.

"Buddy??" You're also a lying dumpwad. When were they buddies? Did Leonard go out to clubs with Danny? Not that I ever heard. I don't think Leonard was buddies with any of the Spurs.
    Jefe, this post belongs on the curb with the rest of the garbage. I don’t debate nonsense, you win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got completely obliterated by DJ Augustin of all people... where are the Danny fluffers now?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the long fellow needs vigras to hardon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got completely obliterated by DJ Augustin of all people... where are the Danny fluffers now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Revisionist history"? Most of the well educated people on this board were angry as the Spurs traded Danny away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that since Manu retired,ElNono is basically a troll but even trolling has it's limits.Meaning you can troll when you actually know what you're talking about.When you don't know ,your trolling is unsuccessful.

Augustin was guarded by Lowry and Vanvleet for the entire first half.He had 19 points.

Danny Green had to leave guarding TRoss and Fournier in the second half and focus on Augustin.

Augustin had 6 points in the 2nd half-that's including the game winning 3 on NEPHEW's head.He finished with 25.

Know your before trolling next time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Revisionist history"? Most of the well educated people on this board were angry as the Spurs traded Danny away.
    this

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that since Manu retired,ElNono is basically a troll but even trolling has it's limits.Meaning you can troll when you actually know what you're talking about.When you don't know ,your trolling is unsuccessful.

Augustin was guarded by Lowry and Vanvleet for the entire first half.He had 19 points.

Danny Green had to leave guarding TRoss and Fournier in the second half and focus on Augustin.

Augustin had 6 points in the 2nd half-that's including the game winning 3 on NEPHEW's head.He finished with 25.

how did he bait you so easily?..Nono probably didn't even watch a second of that game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's not about trolling. They just didn't watch the games.

Thread Information