Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My posting on this hasn’t been ACL out the accusation itself, but has been to point out the hypocrisy of the left and their reaction to the allegation, yourself included. I’m not a hypocrite, and it’s really pissing you off.
    You know I like you TSA, but off with this heads I win, tails you lose bull .

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's revisit Reade's initial story.

A Nevada County woman has added her voice to a recent spate of allegations that former vice president and possible presidential candidate Joe Biden touched her when she worked in his U.S. Senate office.

Alexandra Tara Reade said that in 1993 she was in her mid-20s when Biden, then a senator from Delaware, touched her several times making her feel uncomfortable. Reade said her responsibilities in the senator’s office were reduced after she refused to serve drinks at an event — what she called a desire of Biden’s because he liked her legs. Reade said she felt pushed out and left Biden’s employ in August 1993 after some nine months.

A spokesman for Biden couldn’t be reached for comment.

“He used to put his hand on my shoulder and run his finger up my neck,” Reade said. “I would just kind of freeze and wait for him to stop doing that.”

A confidant of Reade’s at the time, granted anonymity by The Union, confirmed that Reade relayed the story shortly after the events occurred.

“Back then, back there, things just happened,” the friend said.

Reade is the most recent woman to publicly share her story about uncomfortable encounters with Biden. Time.com states former Nevada State Assemblywoman Lucy Flores told her story last week. Flores said Biden approached her at a 2014 campaign rally and kissed the back of her head. A second woman, Amy Lappos, said Biden touched her face and rubbed noses with her at a 2009 fundraiser.

Caitlyn Caruso said Biden put his hand on her thigh and hugged her at a university event. D.J. Hill said Biden in 2012 touched her shoulder before moving his hand down her back.

Other women have defended Biden in the wake of recent allegations against him. Stephanie Carter, wife of former Defense Secretary Ash Carter, appeared in a photo used in a misinformation campaign against Biden. She called the former vice president a close friend in a USA Today story.

Biden in a Wednesday tweet said he understands social norms are changing.

“And I’ve heard what these women are saying,” Biden’s tweet states. “Politics to me has always been about making connections, but I will be more mindful about respecting personal space in the future. That’s my responsibility and I will meet it.”

ALLEGATIONS

Employment do ents provided by Reade show that she worked in Biden’s office from December 1992 to August 1993.

Reade recalled a handful of times Biden touched her. On one occasion they were before a group of interns when he put his finger on her neck. She doesn’t remember how many times Biden touched her in that manner, she said.

“I was trying to be seen as a professional,” Reade added.

Reade said her expulsion from Biden’s office stemmed from an early 1993 staff argument over the suggestion she serve drinks at an event. According to Reade, Biden wanted her to serve because he liked her legs. Reade didn’t hear Biden make that suggestion, instead learning of it through his staff’s argument. Reade opted against serving drinks, a move she believes sidelined her career.

The friend in whom Reade confided at the time said they discussed Biden. Reade asked her friend if she should take any action. Being young and relatively new to D.C., she wondered if anything was wrong with Biden’s behavior.

The confidant said she asked if Reade would let her younger sister work in the office. When Reade said “no” to the hypothetical question, her friend said Biden’s actions weren’t appropriate.

Reade said she spoke to U.S. Senate personnel about her concerns. Word got back to Biden’s office.

“My life was ,” Reade said. “This was about power and control.”

“I couldn’t get a job on the Hill,” she added.

In June 1993 Reade found herself in an office without windows. Two months later she left Biden’s office, she said.

Reade said Biden’s senior staff protected the senator. She was considered a distraction. Reade said she didn’t consider the acts toward her sexualization. She instead compared her experience to being a lamp.

“It’s pretty. Set it over there,” she said. “Then when it’s too bright, you throw it away.”

Reade said she tried to share her story when she worked for Biden, but was told to say nothing. Then Biden ran on Barack Obama’s ticket. Reade thought he may have changed.

Reade said she rethought her years-long role as a foot solider for the Democratic Party when she learned of Flores’ disclosure.

She wants more than “Sorry” from Biden.

“‘I changed the trajectory of your life,’” she wants to hear him say. “‘I’m sorry.’

https://www.theunion.com/news/nevada...senate-office/

I don't see anything about finger banging.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“‘I changed the trajectory of your life,’” she wants to hear him say. “‘I’m sorry.’
    This is such a woman thing to pull. YOU DIDN'T SAY SORRY SO I'M GOING TO SAY YOU RAPED!

If all she was looking was a sorry, then she could have probably gone an entirely different route. But let's involve the press, police and possibly the presidency on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Non applicable gif. Try the captcha again, bot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is such a woman thing to pull. YOU DIDN'T SAY SORRY SO I'M GOING TO SAY YOU RAPED!

If all she was looking was a sorry, then she could have probably gone an entirely different route. But let's involve the press, police and possibly the presidency on it.

I totally believe the legs and drinks story, especially since she admits she didn't hear any of it from Biden himself.

That would also explain why Reade has no record of her complaint to the Senate, or at least claims she doesn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean she's a lawyer and a victims' rights advocate. It's just odd that she kept all her senate employment records but not any record of her written complaint to the senate personnel office. Now 27 years later she makes a complaint to the DC police but doesn't name Biden as her attacker in it? Just weird.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You're good peeps too Bum...but what did you expect to hear after the bull Kavanaugh went through. And I'm not even calling Biden a finger blasting rapist as I don't believe Reade's claim. I'm not claiming any moral high ground either but with the position I've taken on both accusations (liars) I sure as am going to rub your face in this one for the blatant hypocrisy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden got his pinky wetPERIOD

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    MAGA got their marching orders.
    As if the Biden s aren’t following their own

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Some would call you a sexist for comments like that. Welcome to the right, Reck.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She got mad when she was asked to serve drinks at a function and quit.
    That's just the tipping point after she had been relegated.

"first version"
    Psychopav

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's sort of how it goes when you bet on losers, Blakeline bum.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This looks like a comment pulled right out of the playbook of ways Republicans defended Kavanaugh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe just financial. Like banker Mellon-Scaife financing Paula Jones sueing Clinton.

I think also paid for her cosmetic surgery make over

I expect the Repugs, experts in the black arts politics of personal destruction, are behind, to some extent, Tara Reade.

At very least it's a distraction from the Trump-made Trump Pandemic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just the tipping point after she had been relegated.
    OK, I believe that too.

Now what?

Do you believe her story she was sexually assaulted by Biden?

Yes or no.

derp folds

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're good peeps too Bum...but what did you expect to hear after the bull Kavanaugh went through. And I'm not even calling Biden a finger blasting rapist as I don't believe Reade's claim. I'm not claiming any moral high ground either but with the position I've taken on both accusations (liars) I sure as am going to rub your face in this one for the blatant hypocrisy
    how was baseline bum hypocritical?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's revisit Reade's initial story.

A Nevada County woman has added her voice to a recent spate of allegations that former vice president and possible presidential candidate Joe Biden touched her when she worked in his U.S. Senate office.

Alexandra Tara Reade said that in 1993 she was in her mid-20s when Biden, then a senator from Delaware, touched her several times making her feel uncomfortable. Reade said her responsibilities in the senator’s office were reduced after she refused to serve drinks at an event — what she called a desire of Biden’s because he liked her legs. Reade said she felt pushed out and left Biden’s employ in August 1993 after some nine months.

A spokesman for Biden couldn’t be reached for comment.

“He used to put his hand on my shoulder and run his finger up my neck,” Reade said. “I would just kind of freeze and wait for him to stop doing that.”

A confidant of Reade’s at the time, granted anonymity by The Union, confirmed that Reade relayed the story shortly after the events occurred.

“Back then, back there, things just happened,” the friend said.

Reade is the most recent woman to publicly share her story about uncomfortable encounters with Biden. Time.com states former Nevada State Assemblywoman Lucy Flores told her story last week. Flores said Biden approached her at a 2014 campaign rally and kissed the back of her head. A second woman, Amy Lappos, said Biden touched her face and rubbed noses with her at a 2009 fundraiser.

Caitlyn Caruso said Biden put his hand on her thigh and hugged her at a university event. D.J. Hill said Biden in 2012 touched her shoulder before moving his hand down her back.

Other women have defended Biden in the wake of recent allegations against him. Stephanie Carter, wife of former Defense Secretary Ash Carter, appeared in a photo used in a misinformation campaign against Biden. She called the former vice president a close friend in a USA Today story.

Biden in a Wednesday tweet said he understands social norms are changing.

“And I’ve heard what these women are saying,” Biden’s tweet states. “Politics to me has always been about making connections, but I will be more mindful about respecting personal space in the future. That’s my responsibility and I will meet it.”

ALLEGATIONS

Employment do ents provided by Reade show that she worked in Biden’s office from December 1992 to August 1993.

Reade recalled a handful of times Biden touched her. On one occasion they were before a group of interns when he put his finger on her neck. She doesn’t remember how many times Biden touched her in that manner, she said.

“I was trying to be seen as a professional,” Reade added.

Reade said her expulsion from Biden’s office stemmed from an early 1993 staff argument over the suggestion she serve drinks at an event. According to Reade, Biden wanted her to serve because he liked her legs. Reade didn’t hear Biden make that suggestion, instead learning of it through his staff’s argument. Reade opted against serving drinks, a move she believes sidelined her career.

The friend in whom Reade confided at the time said they discussed Biden. Reade asked her friend if she should take any action. Being young and relatively new to D.C., she wondered if anything was wrong with Biden’s behavior.

The confidant said she asked if Reade would let her younger sister work in the office. When Reade said “no” to the hypothetical question, her friend said Biden’s actions weren’t appropriate.

Reade said she spoke to U.S. Senate personnel about her concerns. Word got back to Biden’s office.

“My life was ,” Reade said. “This was about power and control.”

“I couldn’t get a job on the Hill,” she added.

In June 1993 Reade found herself in an office without windows. Two months later she left Biden’s office, she said.

Reade said Biden’s senior staff protected the senator. She was considered a distraction. Reade said she didn’t consider the acts toward her sexualization. She instead compared her experience to being a lamp.

“It’s pretty. Set it over there,” she said. “Then when it’s too bright, you throw it away.”

Reade said she tried to share her story when she worked for Biden, but was told to say nothing. Then Biden ran on Barack Obama’s ticket. Reade thought he may have changed.

Reade said she rethought her years-long role as a foot solider for the Democratic Party when she learned of Flores’ disclosure.

She wants more than “Sorry” from Biden.

https://www.theunion.com/news/nevada...senate-office/

I don't see anything about finger banging.
    Why are you qualifying this random article as the first version?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    how was baseline bum hypocritical?
    Ask him when he’s not so salty.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, I believe that too.

Now what?

Do you believe her story she was sexually assaulted by Biden?

Yes or no.

derp folds

lol
    There's a lot of noise out there. People like you trying to confuse matters.
    I'm waiting until I've determined the veracity of matters before arriving at a judgment.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This looks like a comment pulled right out of the playbook of ways Republicans defended Kavanaugh.
    I don't remember any Repub lashing out against women that hard, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask him when he’s not so salty.
    As so oft, an excuse, I asked you.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't remember any Repub lashing out against women that hard, tbh.

Thread Information