Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some here still doesn't want Cousins even if the price is right but no one in the Spurs roster can do what Cousins did to Jokic - I'm referring to their one-on-one match-up:

We get this for minimum??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So can you point me to your Pau Gasol is a cancer post? Cause that dude didn't do here but cry about his minutes...cry about being a starter...pout on the bench when he wasn't...and then soon as Poeltl took his spot he wanted out...he was a traffic cone the entire time he was here...broke his hand...got a stinger...pretty much missed all last year with a foot injury...

Oh and he did all of this on a 48 million dollar contract...and aren't we paying him next year more money than we could actually pay Boogie this year...?

There is a very specific type of front office that would give washed up Pau Gasol 48 million over 3 but won't sign Boogie for WAY less...and that type of front office is a ing bad one...

Just trying to make sure posters here stay consistent...cause you can't be out here calling Boogie out for wining where if I go to Spurs.com and click on 10 pau gasol shootaround interviews 5 of them are about him and starting and his minutes and "he will talk to Pop about it"...
    Suspect highly that is at least part of the reason Milutinov wants to get paid to come over and why the Spurs aren't bringing him over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we sign Cousins we should just go all the way and sign Carmelo too.

DeRozan
    Carmelo
    Rudy
    Aldridge
    Cousins
    The tank plan! Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talk of bringing back Pau instead is nauseating tbh

But I don't didn't watch Cousins last season except in the finals a couple of his games. He wasn't good.

He may be better with more recovery time and training. I doubt this rumor has more legs than the Bogdanovich one.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-03-2019 at 10:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i say give him a chance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins as the center of our bench,??

Oh cmon, no brainer

give him a CHANCE

EVERYONE DESERVES ANOTHER CHANCE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy just won for his team a finals game coming out of achilles and with a torn quad, and Spurs fans don't want to gamble on his talent, Spurs fans like eating , believing and going to far with bad narratives...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys Boogie has been behaving pretty good hasn't acted like a jerk. He came back pretty early from such a dire injury for a big guy. He was like the 4-5th option on the Warriors and while he tried to work himself back into form the guy averaged almost 17 pts a a game. If he accepted any deal with us it's a huge bump to the Spurs chances even if he averaged those same numbers from last year having him at center LA at power forward derozan small forward and Murray white back court. We would have so many combinations and such a versatile team to create mis matches go big go small Carroll Gay. Most import this whole load management bull it cuts back minutes with all the versatility for LA DD and basically anyone that needs it. The team become versitiale as I've stated but the true beauty is it's a deep squad our bench could really pose problems for other teams. Even if boogie is half the player he was he would be a great addition opens up this lineup. And after a full year post surgery just like gay he will show improvement not like he has to be Westbrook athletic.
    Honestly a no brainer at his worst he is better than most centers in the league. He may not be the game changer he once was but for the Spurs and this roster he could very well be a season changer there are too many positives here to overlook.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No brainier, of course. If Pau gasol can get a multi year contract from the Spurs, of course DMC should be on the roster, if he's interested

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No brainier, of course. If Pau gasol can get a multi year contract from the Spurs, of course DMC should be on the roster, if he's interested

Dont forget patty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go get him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be worth a gamble if the price is right. The Spurs are mostly likely at best 1st round cannon fodder again, so...play jazz!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at all the people here saying they'd take him for the minimum and a backup role. There's no way in he'd accept that, even for the Spurs.
    That's what i'm gettin' at. "Hey lets get him but only pay him the minimum." When in the history of the Spurs has any free agent decided to go to the Spurs and take a pay cut? David West and that is like some type of anomaly that will never happen again in our lifetime lol.

But I stand behind he is too much of a cancer vs what he has to offer at this point in his career. I know we could find a role for him, but he would never fall in line. He would end up in the dog house like a month into the season.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Spurs would have a new big 3 with DeMar, Cousins, Aldridge.

Would be a good move for Spurs he fits in with this team. Jakob comes off bench.

If Spurs want to make it happen it's up to them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all the people saying Cousins pick and roll defense is bad...and it is atrocious...uh...who are we getting as a 3rd big who pick and roll defense WONT be bad

Right now we got Metu...every time he plays basketball he looks like he never played basketball before

Luka...19 years old not physically ready to switch on pick and rolls yet...has the physical make up to one day be a good pick and roll defender but you can probably name all the good pick and roll defenders at age 19 in nba history on one hand...

Eubanks...I had hopes for him being the 3rd big but he has been really bad defensively in summer league...he just flat out doesn't switch most of the time and every no name guy who won't even make an nba roster has finished over him in his two games like he is not even in front of them...

So who is this mystery 3rd big we getting who is going to be a stalwart in pick and roll defense?

I also don't get the "accept a bench role"...rather he start or doesn't I don't think he is going to play any more than 20 - 24 minutes a game cause his body might not allow him to right now...he is going to be on the floor when it matters and when LMA is off the floor a lot of the offense would be ran through him...more than likely he will start...I like Poeltl for what he does but the next time Poeltl scores on the block two times in a row will be the first time in his career he scored on the block two times in a row and you can't run any offense through him since no one takes him serious as a scorer...

Honestly I'd rather have Boogie than LMA but that is a whole other thread...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all the people saying Cousins pick and roll defense is bad...and it is atrocious...uh...who are we getting as a 3rd big who pick and roll defense WONT be bad

Right now we got Metu...every time he plays basketball he looks like he never played basketball before

Luka...19 years old not physically ready to switch on pick and rolls yet...has the physical make up to one day be a good pick and roll defender but you can probably name all the good pick and roll defenders at age 19 in nba history on one hand...

Eubanks...I had hopes for him being the 3rd big but he has been really bad defensively in summer league...he just flat out doesn't switch most of the time and every no name guy who won't even make an nba roster has finished over him in his two games like he is not even in front of them...

So who is this mystery 3rd big we getting who is going to be a stalwart in pick and roll defense?

I also don't get the "accept a bench role"...rather he start or doesn't I don't think he is going to play any more than 20 - 24 minutes a game cause his body might not allow him to right now...he is going to be on the floor when it matters and when LMA is off the floor a lot of the offense would be ran through him...more than likely he will start...I like Poeltl for what he does but the next time Poeltl scores on the block two times in a row will be the first time in his career he scored on the block two times in a row and you can't run any offense through him since no one takes him serious as a scorer...

Honestly I'd rather have Boogie than LMA but that is a whole other thread...

Agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he shall be here!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i see the future,

and the future is Cousins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I would look forward to the season more than since last season if we manage to get Cousins. I really hope we could manage to a starting SF for some of our dreds

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit dreaming guys, the spurs dont go for players like Cousins. This reminds me of when derrick rose wanted to.play for the spurs and we said no thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont forget patty
    ...and Marco

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.theringer.com/2019/7/3/2...cy-no-new-team
    The Spurs have been linked, at least vaguely, to Cousins. There’s little about that marriage that makes sense on paper, but maybe that’s why it should happen. San Antonio is one of the slowest teams in the league, and it needs more talent. Boogie might be a better 3-point shooter than DeMar DeRozan, so he could theoretically provide some spacing around LaMarcus Aldridge too. San Antonio is also at a crossroads, and this could be the final year before the team begins transitioning to a more youth-focused squad. So why not take a chance on Boogie? Good luck selling Pop on that idea, DeMar.
    If the rumors are true my thoughts are
    1, Ask Kerr
    2, Ask Rudy
    If either hesitates or gives a lukewarm response- stop.
    Otherwise meet with him and consider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no to Cousins for two reasons: 1. Watching DeRozan and Cousins and moan about calls all season is going to ing *suck* and 2. When LMA is the mentally strongest of your three superstars you’re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well... if the Spurs don't pick up Boogie, then he'll end up in the Lakers' scrapheap, providing that #2 doesn't sign. Here's a news clip on this from RealGM:

The Los Angeles Lakers can break up their cap space into several players if they don't sign Kawhi Leonard.

Danny Green, Marcus Morris and DeMarcus Cousins are three candidates for the Lakers if they don't sign Leonard.

Adrian Wojnarowski also believes the Lakers will do well with veteran's minimum players who want to get back onto the market next offseason.

ADRIAN WOJNAROWSKI/ESPN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gangsta Boogie...Gangsta Boogie.....I love that song by the Geto Boys......RIP Bushwick.....but yes, I want Boogie in SA. If he signs with us and stays healthy, we just solidified a top 4 spot, if not a Division crown......FU Houston Roquits.

Thread Information