Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how is he an established attacker if he never attacked him?

and yeah if some kid shot me after i surrendered id regret having surrendered too
    He joined the mob in chasing him. And his comments afterwards certify that he was a hostile actor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He joined the mob in chasing him. And his comments afterwards certify that he was a hostile actor.
    jury might agree with you. i think the charge is justified

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus a ing slap?
    NPCs haven't really thought it out.

If the justification for lethal defense were to be such a low bar, we'd all be pretty ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NPCs haven't really thought it out.

If the justification for lethal defense were to be such a low bar, we'd all be pretty ed.
    Naw, that. You don't slap another man. Those are grounds for getting stomped out.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jury might agree with you. i think the charge is justified
    Chasing a guy with a high-powered gun is pretty ing stupid in the first place.

It's a shame that Darwinism wasn't in full effect on that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chasing a guy with a high-powered gun is pretty ing stupid in the first place.

It's a shame that Darwinism wasn't in full effect on that one.
    could say the same about open carrying during widespread protests/riots to defend somebody else's property

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naw, that. You don't slap another man. Those are grounds for getting stomped out.
    Bro, he reached out and repelled a man reaching for his spray.

Stop acting like this was some bold strike.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could say the same about open carrying during widespread protests/riots to defend somebody else's property
    Not really. "Survival of the fittest" seems to be in his favor on that one.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    in a perfect world i would probably agree with you. in a 2A, open carry world, its not, unless he was brandishing it. dont think from the rapid photos we can demonstrate that he was brandishing it discernibly before bubba maced him
    From the photos he’s clearly drawing it before he was maced. That single photo is what is going to him.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurraider21

Do you think the guy who did the flying kick on KR should be charged?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You seem to be confused about this. There's absolutely nothing wrong/illegal about pulling a gun after you've been attacked. Nothing. You seem very, very confused about this particular topic.

Shooting the gun afterwards, that's way more debatable.
    I’m not confused at all. I already said there was no crime committed when he pulled his gun after being assaulted. The escalation wasn’t the crime. I clearly said using lethal force against non-lethal was the crime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the photos he’s clearly drawing it before he was maced. That single photo is what is going to him.
    drawing =/= brandishing. drawing a weapon as somebody was just assaulting you isnt in and of itself unreasonable. neither is discharging it while they are in the process of macing you, imo

spurraider21

Do you think the guy who did the flying kick on KR should be charged?
    probably

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    well yeah, he reached for the sky, stopped, and kyle didnt shoot (which tbh actually showed remarkable restraint given what had just happened). but then the guy obviously didnt just want to stand there in perpetuity with a gun drawn him, so he tried moving away toward the sidewalk at which point rittenhouse panicked and shot him, which you just cant do
    Didn’t the last guy to get shot charge him with an illegally possessed handgun drawn? That’s going to be a tough one for the jury.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    drawing =/= brandishing. drawing a weapon as somebody was just assaulting you isnt in and of itself unreasonable.
    lets be honest it was a slap and slapper backed off. It wasn’t illegal to draw but it was ing stupid and against any sort of training taught in concealed carry classes.

neither is discharging it while they are in the process of macing you, imo
    mace isn’t a lethal weapon, the escalation to lethal force was a crime.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What charges would you like to see?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t the last guy to get shot charge him with an illegally possessed handgun drawn? That’s going to be a tough one for the jury.
    like i said to derp, a jury might agree with him.

the guy did have a handgun drawn but also stopped before kyle with his hands in the air before trying to get out of there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lets be honest it was a slap and slapper backed off. It wasn’t illegal to draw but it was ing stupid and against any sort of training taught in concealed carry classes.
    agreed. i dont think drawing a weapon that you are legally allowed to draw is going to be held against him in a self defense claim. the whole "it was stupid but not illegal" narrative is basically what i applied to rittenhouse showing up to riots with a rifle as if he was going to be able to do anything besides stir up

mace isn’t a lethal weapon, the escalation to lethal force was a crime.
    i dont think a lethal weapon is required to satisfy the reasonable fear of great bodily injury element

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What charges would you like to see?
    not too familiar with wisconsin specific law... but assault/battery seems pretty clear. i'm sure he'll try to raise the defense that he was of the reasonable belief he was disarming an active gunman who had earlier killed somebody, though i'm skeptical that would fly

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not too familiar with wisconsin specific law... but assault/battery seems pretty clear. i'm sure he'll try to raise the defense that he was of the reasonable belief he was disarming an active gunman who had earlier killed somebody, though i'm skeptical that would fly
    I would bet he's facing no charges whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would bet he's facing no charges whatsoever.
    i believe that's accurate, though the question you asked is what i think should happen

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i believe that's accurate, though the question you asked is what i think should happen
    It would weaken the already politically compromised prosecutor's case against KR.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course not. but what's "deserved" is not relevant unless you're in court. people get killed in self defense all the time, even if the assault/burglary being defended from would not bring with it a death penalty through the justice system

a woman would be justified in using lethal force to defend herself from rape even if the rape itself isnt punishable by death
    I am not taking a legal side here, you guys are much more knowledgeable in that realm.

I am just merely pointing out that if the gun was not present, you dont have a dead fat guy.
    IMO because a gun was present, the outcome had a greater chance of becoming deadly.
    People value their pride more than a life.

This self protection stuff by deadly weapon is just ... deadly.
    Does anyone run anymore? Just get the out and find out whats up later. There are witnesses.
    Personally I think (know) I could beat the fck out of fat man, but I would not, I would get out first.
    We have seen too many of these incidents with people carrying guns TALKING and then someone dies.
    Or incidents escalate because someone has a piece. The Captain America comes out in them.

We need to just go back to a crowd a fisticuffs. A face can get fixed.
    Its sickening. People need to see "understand" the damage metal at high speeds does to a body, they just dont get it.

Rant over.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not taking a legal side here, you guys are much more knowledgeable in that realm.

I am just merely pointing out that if the gun was not present, you dont have a dead fat guy.
    IMO because a gun was present, the outcome had a greater chance of becoming deadly.
    People value their pride more than a life.

This self protection stuff by deadly weapon is just ... deadly.
    Does anyone run anymore? Just get the out and find out whats up later. There are witnesses.
    Personally I think (know) I could beat the fck out of fat man, but I would not, I would get out first.
    We have seen too many of these incidents with people carrying guns TALKING and then someone dies.
    Or incidents escalate because someone has a piece. The Captain America comes out in them.

We need to just go back to a crowd a fisticuffs. A face can get fixed.
    Its sickening. People need to see "understand" the damage metal at high speeds does to a body, they just dont get it.

Rant over.
    Irony of ironies; that gun was there because of the gun-hating media.

Apparently they don't believe their own bull .
    But they expect gullible you to believe it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irony of ironies; that gun was there because of the gun-hating media
    What?

wtf are you saying...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?

wtf are you saying...
    Derp has coping ptsd and that is just his paranoia blathering gibberish.

Thread Information