Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1147
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question, no troll: who do you see the GOP running in 2024 to generate the kind of turnout Trump just got from his base?
    Trump

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question, no troll: who do you see the GOP running in 2024 to generate the kind of turnout Trump just got from his base?
    Would probably have to be a country music artist or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well from Reagan to W to Trump each generation of Republicans gets more and more grotesque so I'm thinking something even worse than Trump

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The BBQ Beer guy in this video:

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well from Reagan to W to Trump each generation of Republicans gets more and more grotesque so I'm thinking something even worse than Trump
    So McConnell?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theresa Greenfield is the other one I had high hopes for and I donated a lot of money to her campaign. Turns out she didn’t start visiting any of the rural areas in Iowa until 2 weeks before the election which really pissed me off when I heard it. She was personable and a good candidate so not sure why she stayed in the basement and just relied on negative ads.

Susan Collins keeping her seat is the other gut punch that really hurts.
    She had no shot. Ernst clearly drafted off Trump who won here by 2016 margins.

She could have pulled a Beto and did 99+ counties and still would have lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eddie Gallagher 2024

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The BBQ Beer guy in this video:

Too low energy, had to go lie in his truck with the AC blasting after 15 seconds of ranting. Dear Leader can do it for hours.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    She had no shot. Ernst clearly drafted off Trump who won here by 2016 margins.

She could have pulled a Beto and did 99+ counties and still would have lost.
    Possibly but 99 counties is what she should have done. Raising a lot of money and visiting every county isn't mutually exclusive, you can do both the way Beto did.

My sense that Greenfield and Bullock were the two senate candidates who could best run ahead of Biden in their state were right, the Trump draft was just too strong.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Too low energy, had to go lie in his truck with the AC blasting after 15 seconds of ranting. Dear Leader can do it for hours.
    I like his camo shorts. It's like he wakes up every day and tries to be white trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe.

but at this point i still need to be convinced that trump isn't just going to run again in 2024

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    maybe.

but at this point i still need to be convinced that trump isn't just going to run again in 2024
    He'll be older, fat and more incoherent than ever but yeah, nothing will convince me he's not running until he officially makes it clear he's not running.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeesh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McConnell's nothing, imagine when this alt-right generation of young MAGATs comes of age

maybe.

I think he will honestly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it will be Ivanka if she chooses to run and she will pick her closest primary rival as vp, Kristi Noem. I don't think Big Dog will want the job at Biden's age.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be older, fat and more incoherent than ever but yeah, nothing will convince me he's not running until he officially makes it clear he's not running.
    He cant deal with ramps either. By 2024 he'll be fighting to get up a couple of stairs.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Did the GOP not extend it's lead in the senate and didn't lose ground in the house?

I fully believed the boogie man that is the GOP was dead in 2012. They're not. We literally had a plague and an absolute ing idiot was this close to winning re-election

If the Dems don't run on a platform in 2024, I don't see them winning. The in bent might be enough if Joe runs for re-election, though

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    GOP didn't extend its lead in the senate, lost 1 net seat with the potential to lose more. They s acked the Dems in the house though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty obvious math at this point. Unless you believe that a more progressive candidate would have driven an even higher voter turnout than the highest voter turnout election in American history, the question is how does a different Democrat candidate perform with the same voters that outvoted Democrat Senate candidates.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    my bad scrah

Thought the house stayed the same.

Like I said though, never listening to a poll again. Really belived the dems were going to have all three levels of government

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the GOP not extend it's lead in the senate and didn't lose ground in the house?

I fully believed the boogie man that is the GOP was dead in 2012. They're not. We literally had a plague and an absolute ing idiot was this close to winning re-election

If the Dems don't run on a platform in 2024, I don't see them winning. The in bent might be enough if Joe runs for re-election, though
    Nah, the GOP lost at least one seat in the senate: McSally and Gardner lost, they picked up Jones' seat, and the remaining uncalled senate races are ones the GOP currently has (NC, Alaska, the two GA seats). Though McSally was a horrible candidate (thanks Ducey for giving us that second AZ senate seat). No doubt the Democrats are a terrible party right now, but this talk of the Republicans being ready to move on from Trump and just get him to go away quietly sounds like lunacy after he has shown the turnout he can drive.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It's pretty obvious math at this point. Unless you believe that a more progressive candidate would have driven an even higher voter turnout than the highest voter turnout election in American history, the question is how does a different Democrat candidate perform with the same voters that outvoted Democrat Senate candidates.
    IMO the obvious problem is with campaign strategy/messaging and not with what the platform is. The Dems let Trump run with the narrative that he's the best candidate for the economy and didn't do anything to call bull on it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's pretty obvious math at this point. Unless you believe that a more progressive candidate would have driven an even higher voter turn out than the highest voter turnout election in American history, the question is how does a different Democrat candidate perform with the same voters that outvoted Democrat Senate candidates.
    Which is why you can't use the idea that how do the GOP get another candidate who can rile the base up like Trmp, when Trump didn't fare better than some of the candidates in his own party running for their senate seats.

Turnout was up and that was supposed to equal a total smashing of the republicans. Definitely not the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO the obvious problem is with campaign strategy/messaging and not with what the platform is. The Dems let Trump run with the narrative that he's the best candidate for the economy and didn't do anything to call bull on it.
    Certainly there are DNC messaging issues but those aren't cured with a different candidate. They would have had that problem regardless.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Certainly there are DNC messaging issues but those aren't cured with a different candidate. They would have had that problem regardless.
    Agreed, the problem is party leadership.

IMO Biden did a great job overcoming the issues within the party. Not sure if a lesser known candidate would have been able to.

YANG 2024 until someone convinces me of a better alternative.

Thread Information