Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo said they want to make the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should he have said he wanted to lose 82 games or what?
    tryna lose less than 60 games would be realistic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo said they want to make the playoffs
    It’s positive mind-set though. The opposite will be the Rockets hoisting 3’s and playing no defense. The Spurs will be playing compe ive to win, and while losing will not pick up bad habits

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sprinkles???

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s positive mind-set though. The opposite will be the Rockets hoisting 3’s and playing no defense. The Spurs will be playing compe ive to win, and while losing will not pick up bad habits
    The Rockets have at least two very, very good defensive players in Garuba and Eason. Now whether the team preaches defense I have no idea yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets have at least two very, very good defensive players in Garuba and Eason. Now whether the team preaches defense I have no idea yet.
    Garuba is a ing scrub. He could barely stay on the court when RGV played Austin last year. He’s also a 5 in a 3 body.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t bet on the Spurs to win the le, basically says Pop. But the more glaring is his “whoever comes after me, will..” seems alluding to his retirement. Maybe last year of coaching?
    This is also a headline on espn.com. Totally on-brand for coach tbh. If it is the last ride, he’ll get to bookend his Spurs career with 60+ loss seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I just went out there and tried to attack each weight room session as best I could," he said. "It's been so helpful, especially on defense. Being able to take contact, absorb contact and be able to stay in position, that's been huge for me in this offseason."

-Primo

Notice how he isn’t saying he’s trying to become quicker. If there was any doubt still about what full-time position he would play, those should be removed now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​Vassell and the other returning players said they've seen a lot from rookies Jeremy Sochan, Malaki Branham and Blake Wesley in open gym, from talent and basketball IQ to compe iveness that you can't teach. Pop said that he'll probably throw the teenagers into the fire, something he hasn't really had to do in his years at the helm here.

Sochan was the highest pick in that group, and he may even start right out of the gate. Poeltl spoke fondly about the "childish, foolish energy" he brings to the locker room, and called him an all around player. The worldly rookie showed up with his hair dyed fiesta colors, much to the delight of Spurs fans.​

https://www.kens5.com/article/sports...8-05e3ce78034e

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Miami game where Butler schooled Primo made an impression on the then rookie.
    Butler abused Primo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Miami game where Butler schooled Primo made an impression on the then rookie.
    Butler abused Primo
    Kuminga also left an impression on Primo. Those two were going at it and almost got into a fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I just went out there and tried to attack each weight room session as best I could," he said. "It's been so helpful, especially on defense. Being able to take contact, absorb contact and be able to stay in position, that's been huge for me in this offseason."

-Primo

Notice how he isn’t saying he’s trying to become quicker. If there was any doubt still about what full-time position he would play, those should be removed now.
    I personally don’t see him more than a secondary ball handler but that quote does not change whether he is or isn’t being bred to play point. Becoming “quicker” isn’t a necessity to running point.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garuba is a ing scrub. He could barely stay on the court when RGV played Austin last year. He’s also a 5 in a 3 body.
    He was injured most of the season. Had surgery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally don’t see him more than a secondary ball handler but that quote does not change whether he is or isn’t being bred to play point. Becoming “quicker” isn’t a necessity to running point.
    If Primo had average point guard quickness, your point would be valid.

The issue is that average isn’t his starting point, below average is.

So yes, in Primo’s case, it is necessary for him to become quicker. And from what’s being said, it doesn’t sound like that’s his focus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let me be ing bold right now and say that it’s an All-Star szn for my boy Keldon this year. the haters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Primo had average point guard quickness, your point would be valid.

The issue is that average isn’t his starting point, below average is.

So yes, in Primo’s case, it is necessary for him to become quicker. And from what’s being said, it doesn’t sound like that’s his focus.
    I’m on board with this tbh but he and Tre Jones’ minutes are going to have to be staggered because he still probably needs to play 15 mins a game at the point given the current roster construction, especially if JRich is moved early.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if Pop does indeed throw the teenagers (WE$LEY) into the fire like he said he might in today’s interviews

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m on board with this tbh but he and Tre Jones’ minutes are going to have to be staggered because he still probably needs to play 15 mins a game at the point given the current roster construction, especially if JRich is moved early.
    Maybe, but today Pop talked about throwing some guys in the fire this year so maybe Blake will get those PG duties. Who knows really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let me be ing bold right now and say that it’s an All-Star szn for my boy Keldon this year. the haters
    Prophetic and some irony if it goes down as DJ replaced Dray in 2022 and Dray is a huge DJ supporter also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but today Pop talked about throwing some guys in the fire this year so maybe Blake will get those PG duties. Who knows really.
    I’d like to see Wesley play early because he is so intriguing but I also feel after watching Wesley play in summer league he needs to be given the traditional hard and slow progression type treatment to refine what is probably the highest ceiling on this roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Incredibly insightful video. Better than your cookie cutter analyst who say a lot but aren’t saying anything at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see Blake more with the big squad, at least as a 3rd PG coming off the bench. But I think he needs seasoning in Austin.

It’s Sochan I’m excited about possibly starting, and that only means with Poeltl. I’ve been a big Poeltl critic, but legitimately playing along a big PF who can defend could be a big change, especially Poeltl staying with his man. Sochan is advertized as a great help defender. A Poeltl/Sochan frontcourt could be fun to watch defensively, add Keldon’s rebounding and Devin’s, that could be awesome. F’kin DJ would’ve completed that defensive 1-5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like to see Wesley play early because he is so intriguing but I also feel after watching Wesley play in summer league he needs to be given the traditional hard and slow progression type treatment to refine what is probably the highest ceiling on this roster.
    Blake strikes me like Manu-type who will push Pop buttons, and Pop would eventually concede. Blake plays hard on both side and that’s always good with Pop. Keldon was the same. I think by the latter part of the season we will see more of him if not earlier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prophetic and some irony if it goes down as DJ replaced Dray in 2022 and Dray is a huge DJ supporter also.
    It would be funnier if it’s KJ instead of DJ, who also got close to Draymond (and other big stars) during the Olympics, and now the face of the Spurs.

On a side note, I think, and hope, the Hawks guard-duo would flop hard in their face especially if the W’s are not happening. Those two will start fighting for the ball. And I can’t see either one of them giving in.

Thread Information