Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the front office somehow thinks this is a play in team and we should not be having fire sales on veterans then just fire everybody tbh.

It's absurd that they can't do trades and be involved in a lawsuit at the same time? Is one of the scouts also the team lawyer ?

Luckily we will lose enough games to get a shot at the number one pick so as usual the players will save the front office from themselves.

I've said for years that there are signs that the spurs front office is an absolute dumpster fire and stuff like this just proves it.
    Probably they want to ensure the players do not talk to the press about the issue. Once they are off the team it could becomes no holds bar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they will go straight to the playoffs.
    Nope. We’ve dropped 4 in a row, and our net rating is -7.9. That not playoff material, not even play in material. The mirage is over. We have enough shooters so if they were trying to win, McD wouldn’t see the court. He breaks our defense on every possession.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The vibe in Lakerland is that they're more likely to trade Anthony Davis (rebuild) than try to compete this year.

A rare concession to reality from the generally delusional Lakers org.

Only one possible problem -- no one wants Davis.

I think people would want Davis. But he won't command the same haul he once did....

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We definitely have issues as a team that are becoming clear. Great things from some players, also. I think McDougall will play simply because he’s the highest paid player and appears to help with the somewhat beautiful game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis feels like Rasheed Wallace: all the talent but didn’t do enough with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis feels like Rasheed Wallace: all the talent but didn’t do enough with it.
    And just think: AD was in the same conversation with TD, as far as him being up there with TD, if not, greater. SMH... AD couldn't hold TD's jockstrap.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This FO is doing everything they possibly can to stay on the treadmill. I don't know if it's just incompetence or inep ude., but I'm not seeing any vision

Just lick your wounds and move on from Primo damn...

Pop's ego will never allow it, unfortunately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, at least we can say that a bunch of people are not coming forward, because if anyone did, we would have heard about it from Buzbee.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even close. Davis was a top 3-7 player at his peak and even now is still a top 15-20 player, while Wallace's peak might have been the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic Johnson shouldn't have been so greedy when he had a chance to trade for Nephew. If he would have been willing to part with BI for Nephew instead of going after AD, the Lakers would have more draft picks than they do now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even close. Davis was a top 3-7 player at his peak and even now is still a top 15-20 player, while Wallace's peak might have been the latter.
    But that's not what I'm comparing. It was a simple statement about uber talented power forwards who could have been MVP but weren't leaders and squandered their talent compared to what they truly could have been. Davis never did in New Orleans and now is all too happy to be Robin in LA. He was supposed to be taking the reins from Lebron and helping them dominate for another few years, but instead he now he looks like he's ready to retire early out of disinterest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheed cared on defense. Unibrow doesn’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wallace was pretty good at his peak and played in the era of the giants. AD would be lying in a heap playing against the actual power forwards and centers that used to roam the planet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think spurs will come crashing down, despite the Johnson, Jones and vassel growth. I can't imagine the team even getting through a half without Jones. Our backup big is extremely thin with Collins out. We are playing two rookies now. And the team has shown that they will rest you and put on minute restrictions if you have any bumps.

This team will crash and I think it's by design. Then things will go full tank mode when the trades happen. Now considering how bad pistons, Magic and rockets are looking, we won't catch them. But i think we will end up fourth worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD would be lying in a heap playing against the actual power forwards and centers that used to roam the planet.
    Heh, he's lying in a heap against today's bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think spurs will come crashing down, despite the Johnson, Jones and vassel growth. I can't imagine the team even getting through a half without Jones. Our backup big is extremely thin with Collins out. We are playing two rookies now. And the team has shown that they will rest you and put on minute restrictions if you have any bumps.

This team will crash and I think it's by design. Then things will go full tank mode when the trades happen. Now considering how bad pistons, Magic and rockets are looking, we won't catch them. But i think we will end up fourth worse.
    Our backup PG had 6 turnovers last game. We’re going nowhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The vibe in Lakerland is that they're more likely to trade Anthony Davis (rebuild) than try to compete this year.

A rare concession to reality from the generally delusional Lakers org.

Only one possible problem -- no one wants Davis.
    The absolute best thing about the Lakers is their incompetent front office because if they do tank they won't be getting a pick commensurate with their final position. It's karma on fentanyl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our backup PG had 6 turnovers last game. We’re going nowhere.
    Primo still on the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo still on the team?
    Current. JRich.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The absolute best thing about the Lakers is their incompetent front office because if they do tank they won't be getting a pick commensurate with their final position. It's karma on fentanyl.
    Yeah, but the Lakers saw a chance at a le and they took it. They got one, even though it has an * for basically being the rec center championship since there were no home/away games. But it goes in the record books as a le. Besides, do they need draft picks when they know they can poach other teams' all stars because everyone wants to play in LA?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And just think: AD was in the same conversation with TD, as far as him being up there with TD, if not, greater. SMH... AD couldn't hold TD's jockstrap.
    After the Lakers won the Championship in the bubble, people online were already saying he's better than TD. Really made me mad reading that (even though I knew it's just comments from casuals on Youtube and forums, it still pissed me off).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kicking around a trade idea with the Warriors so I'll post it here.

Spurs get:

Wiseman.
    Moody.
    DiVincenzo.
    Patrick Baldwin Jr
    Unprotected 2027 pick swap with either the Spurs or Hawks pick.

Warriors get:
    Jak.
    Richardson.
    KBD.

Spurs take on a bunch of Golden State garbage but that unprotected pick swap as Curry approaches 40 years old just might be worth it long term. This deal cant be completed until December 14th once DiVincenzo becomes tradeable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that's not what I'm comparing. It was a simple statement about uber talented power forwards who could have been MVP but weren't leaders and squandered their talent compared to what they truly could have been. Davis never did in New Orleans and now is all too happy to be Robin in LA. He was supposed to be taking the reins from Lebron and helping them dominate for another few years, but instead he now he looks like he's ready to retire early out of disinterest.
    If only James, arguably the GOAT and maybe Durant, were inarguably better for a while, then how much better "should" Davis have been?

Wallace couldn't have been MVP and Davis got about as close as possible considering he's an injury prone, ideally more of a finishing big man (in an era that discriminates against them) who's generally played on chronically injured mediocre - bad teams throughout his career.

Wallace was pretty good at his peak and played in the era of the giants. AD would be lying in a heap playing against the actual power forwards and centers that used to roam the planet.

I said as much by inferring he was All-Star caliber. Davis was MVP caliber though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kicking around a trade idea with the Warriors so I'll post it here.

Spurs get:

Wiseman.
    Moody.
    DiVincenzo.
    Patrick Baldwin Jr
    Unprotected 2027 pick swap with either the Spurs or Hawks pick.

Warriors get:
    Jak.
    Richardson.
    KBD.

Spurs take on a bunch of Golden State garbage but that unprotected pick swap as Curry approaches 40 years old just might be worth it long term. This deal cant be completed until December 14th once DiVincenzo becomes tradeable.
    Not awful...it'd have to wait until mid December because DiVencizo can't be traded until then..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clickbait le, tbh

Thread Information