Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its insane to me that anyone wants a scenario where primo is resigned
    I’d like him back. I think we’re not getting the whole story. These things don’t usually resolve in a matter of days with two parties so openly admitting culpability. The Spurs statement reeked of them reading line for line what they were told to say.

No other victims came up as claimed.

Outside of the criminal investigation this whole thing wrapped up rather neatly and conveniently for the victim in light speed time.

Once the criminal investigation is closed and I’m sure it will be he’ll be free to sign anywhere. Not that he isn’t free now but I’m certain teams are waiting for total closure.

I’m starting to wonder if one of her demands was cutting him or perhaps it was offered as a concession or sign of good faith. With this thing wrapping up this fast they could have suspended him and be nearing the end game and we’re barely into December.

This dude will thrive on another team not trying to make him a pg.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was never really that good as a basketball player yet, so I’m still kind of at that point. I like Branham better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like him back. I think we’re not getting the whole story. These things don’t usually resolve in a matter of days with two parties so openly admitting culpability. The Spurs statement reeked of them reading line for line what they were told to say.

Outside of the criminal investigation this whole thing wrapped up rather neatly and conveniently for the victim in light speed time.

Once the criminal investigation is closed and I’m sure it will be he’ll be free to sign anywhere. Not that he isn’t free now but I’m certain teams are waiting for total closure.

I’m starting to wonder if one of her demands was cutting him or perhaps it was offered as a concession or sign of good faith. With this thing wrapping up this fast they could have suspended him and be nearing the end game and we’re barely into December.

Yeah, I thought a suspension would have been the way to go. Even if it was for an extended period, why lose control of what they felt was a valuable asset. When Primo is balling out somewhere in 2 or 3 years no one will care about where his johnson showed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I believe it was to keep ass Buzbee from trying to gold dig into Team $$.

Agree he may well thrive with a coach using his skills outside of a forced pg.
    Pretty sure he will do well in an open flow open court offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it still hurt?
    Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best way to atone for a horrific waste of a lottery pick is to execute in other areas and obtain additional draft capital to make up for it. It’s not to cry and be so wounded you dont do your job. This is the nba - do your job IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is that come DEC 15th, SA will indeed be more active timvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good riddance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

every step the org took tells me the story becoming public would've been pretty bad. Spurs have always been efficient at keeping this on the downlow,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah....even if it comes out that the reports were exaggerated and there is no criminal or civil charge (which we don't know yet)...I'm still a believer of "where there is smoke, there is fire". Also don't see any player returning to the team who cut him for said reasons.

Also...he wasn't quite looking like the superstar some people wanted to make him out to be. If he returns to the NBA, I still think his ceiling is like another Lonnie Walker type. He could prove me wrong, but that's a lot of IFs.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Want him back?

lol no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For real. What the are people smoking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There is a strong chance the criminal investigation is already closed. It’s not like they are going to come out and announce that - it takes someone following up with the BCSO, but everyone has already moved on and probably doesn’t care enough to do that anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp - you hearing anything on the mentality of the Spurs FO now that Primo stuff has sort of passed by?

Are they still emotionally and mentally not ready to do deals or back open for business? We are getting close to time to start making some moves with guys who arent a part of the future IMO.

Spurs need to keep maximizing their assets and they need to atone for this pretty bad Primo pick/situation. It’s time to get over it and make some moves and not throw baby out with bath water.
    Update article in the works, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best way to atone for a horrific waste of a lottery pick is to execute in other areas and obtain additional draft capital to make up for it. It’s not to cry and be so wounded you dont do your job. This is the nba - do your job IMO
    That and it's past time to lose the archaic, myopic view of "character" and start doing what virtually every other team does and pick the best (perceived) talent.

They've been burned by an introverted S bag, a boy scout serial flasher and in a different way by an aw-shucks (Walker IV - hopefully Branham isn't the sequel in the making) guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets re-sign him. I think she grew feelings. Its not like he raped her like Kobe did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any news?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think, per rules, we would have to wait until the off-season before we are eligible to re-sign him.

Fwiw, I think the Spurs have already closed the book on him and moved on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t expect any further association between the Spurs and Josh WeenieShow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would the Spurs get any comp if he signs elsewhere?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would the Spurs get any comp if he signs elsewhere?
    autographed pics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he settled, and everything’s done, and there are no criminal charges, then why WOULDNT we bring him back… athletes have gotten in trouble for worse. Bring him back and let’s get this tank show on the road.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like he’ll have to play in Europe for a year or two to clean up his image before coming back. But I do expect we’ll see him on the nba again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like he’ll have to play in Europe for a year or two to clean up his image before coming back. But I do expect we’ll see him on the nba again
    Yeah, cos everyone knows they're perfectly fine with players showing off their shlongs around in Europe...

Thread Information