Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Likely any team that trades for Poeltl will have a (*wink* *wink*) "understanding" of what he expects and that he intends to resign.
    Concur. Can't see any team so close to the Championship that they think Poodle will put them over the edge thus pay for a 1/2 year rental.
    Celtics? They needed to go to Oz and get a brain and heart. Had the Warriors beaten up 3-2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nicely done porks.
    You hit on all the Spurs players.

The agents assistant GMs etc etc sound like a bunch of gossip girls.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trent has been linked to PHX recently. Could it be:

TOR: Jakob
    PHX: Trent
    SAS: Saric + filler + PHX FRP + TOR FRP

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's been linked to NY as well but your deal makes more sense to me for all involved..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Raps will wan’t more for GTJ. I’d rather cut PHX out and take Trent instead of eating Saric and the Suns FRP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would push to leave the swap as is, and get either the 2027 or 2029 pick, unprotected. If the 2028 swap is converted to a traded pick, we can’t get either of those picks, since that would be consecutive traded picks, they own no others those years, and that would violate the stepien rule.

Basically, our hope is that by 2028, we’re good, and they suck,and we swap the pick. If they turn 2028 into a straight traded pick, we’d only be getting our good pick in exchange for Jakob, probably something in the 20s.
    I'm not really following what the Celtics' offer is. Currently the Spurs have a pick swap in 2028 with the Celtics that is protected for 1st only. Is that correct? If so, what is the proposed offer? Do we get another 2028 unprotected FRP pick from the Celtics on top of the pick swap (Do the Celtics have more than one FRP in 2028?), or is the offer the same pick from the pick swap outright traded to us with the number 1 protection lifted? If it's traded to the Spurs, do the Spurs still keep their own 2028 FRP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've heard this before, but it still surprises me we have zero interest in Kuminga. He must be considered pretty boneheaded/uncoachable to just be a hard pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not really following what the Celtics' offer is. Currently the Spurs have a pick swap in 2028 with the Celtics that is protected for 1st only. Is that correct? If so, what is the proposed offer? Do we get another 2028 unprotected FRP pick from the Celtics on top of the pick swap (Do the Celtics have more than one FRP in 2028?), or is the offer the same pick from the pick swap outright traded to us with the number 1 protection lifted? If it's traded to the Spurs, do the Spurs still keep their own 2028 FRP?
    Yeah, it's converting the swap to an actual pick without any protection.

So, if you assume the Spurs will be better than the Celtics in 2028, the Spurs basically get to keep their own pick. Doesn't seem like enough for Jak, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Boston offer is basically the worse of the SA and Boston picks in 2028 with a tiny chance it's Boston's first-overall pick that same year. It's not nothing. It's real value. But it's not enough in my opinion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the pick, protection removed and outright traded. I kind of hate it, because at that point, we’re likely to be good, so instead of a swap with Boston, who could be bad at that point, the payment for Jak is basically our own not so good pick, which I wouldn’t want to keep, just to swap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Boston offer is basically the worse of the SA and Boston picks in 2028 with a tiny chance it's Boston's first-overall pick that same year. It's not nothing. It's real value. But it's not enough in my opinion
    Not my understanding. They want to remove the#1 protection, and convey the pick instead of it being a swap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not my understanding. They want to remove the#1 protection, and convey the pick instead of it being a swap.
    Re read what he said. That’s exactly what it is. It is an additional pick that will equate to the worst of BOS or our FRP in 2028 since we already have the option to swap. Additionally, all protections are removed. I wouldn’t be soo confident we are back on our feet by 2028. 5 years removed from the Kawhi sauga and we don’t have a single player who will likely make an AS game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the same as what he's saying...
    A) top 1 protected swap: you get the better of the 2 picks, except if it's Boston's no. 1 in which case you get the lower.
    B) unprotected pick: you get the 2 picks: the better of the 2 even if it's Boston's no. 1, and the lower of the 2
    B - A = i) we get to keep Boston's no. 1 should it be so + ii) we get the lower of the 2 picks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We get BOS pick on 2028 , no swap or protection. So we have 2 picks in 2028. Instead of 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've heard this before, but it still surprises me we have zero interest in Kuminga. He must be considered pretty boneheaded/uncoachable to just be a hard pass.
    It has to be a personality/persona thing. Maybe they interviewed him at some point or something. Maybe they're worried about chemistry and his role? It's odd to me as well. Kuminga has a solid chance to develop into an above average player and plays both ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm also curious. He's certainly worth a look basketball-wise. He kills the Spurs whenever they play. But his personality really sounds like it's pretty awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuminga has a solid chance to develop into an above average player and plays both ways.
    There is your answer; won’t fit in with our young group. Just kidding but I doubt Kuminga is actually on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I truly hope they flip Richardson for a first. I would love to do one swoop deal with Lakers for Jakob/Richardson/Doug tbh…that is most attractive path. I value the vets too and they have been great. But I think they have served their purpose and I don’t know that losing them would do any damage and Spurs need to lose games tbh..
    I'm wondering what full deal for all three of our guys would look like with the Lakers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I understand players remaining salary are prorated on a per game basis. Doing the math Russ will only be owed about 15.5 million by the Feb 9 deadline. I'd trade J-Rich or McBuckets for Russ and a unprotected first. Factoring the outbound salary of Richardson or Dougie the it would really only cost the Spurs about 10-12 million to buy an unprotected Lakers first.

I'd also take the unprotected first from Boston. The Pels picks don't interest me unless they include a unprotected Laker's pick which seems unlikely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said weeks ago, before Trent Jr. was being bandied about as the prominent Raptor most likely (and probably period) to be traded, that the compromise would be him going to a third team (Lakers? Knicks? Magic?) to get the Spurs the second 1st they seek and presumably taking on Birch's relative albatross in the process (Richardson could also be included).

The Celtics '28 unprotected 1st is probably the best single asset they can get, but they don't have an expendable secondary one and obviously they look about as well setup as anyone for the next half decade, so that could be a long wait for very little, either to keep or eventually reroute.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raps will wan’t more for GTJ. I’d rather cut PHX out and take Trent instead of eating Saric and the Suns FRP.
    Maybe, but not sure HOW much above Jakob they can expect (i assume they want Jakob because he’s let it been know he’ll resign there). Maybe the Suns need to also send out a small pick to them since they’re getting arguably the better player and saving $$, but not much more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been linked to NY as well but your deal makes more sense to me for all involved..
    Interesting since NYK have all those picks. I asume that would mean we have to eat Fournier in that deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting since NYK have all those picks. I asume that would mean we have to eat Fournier in that deal.
    I think that's a fair assumption

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would push to leave the swap as is, and get either the 2027 or 2029 pick, unprotected. If the 2028 swap is converted to a traded pick, we can’t get either of those picks, since that would be consecutive traded picks, they own no others those years, and that would violate the stepien rule.

Basically, our hope is that by 2028, we’re good, and they suck,and we swap the pick. If they turn 2028 into a straight traded pick, we’d only be getting our good pick in exchange for Jakob, probably something in the 20s.
    Ya, I meant removing the swap portion to full ownership of the pick (protected from pick 1 only) but also get another pick. I would not be counting our own as a pick even though it does functionally mean that by it not being a swap for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only that but it allows them to offer him more than MLE money in the summer if they want to keep him, which most of the contenders wouldn't be able to otherwise.
    Yup. When you have limited assets due to no cap space but need to improve trading and getting bird rights is key.

Thread Information